Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game day eats.
So what foods will you be preparing for today’s game, or what’s your Bengal Sunday go-to foods? Today, I am looking at a few things I will consider making.

1. Big Mac egg rolls:
https://www.delish.com/cooking/a19633049/big-mac-egg-rolls-recipe/
[Image: delish-big-mac-egg-rolls-pinterest-still...size=768:*]

2. Antipasto Squares:
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a57563/antipasto-squares-recipe/
[Image: antipasto-squares-vertical-1533852579.jp...size=768:*]

3. BBQ Meatballs:
https://www.iheartnaptime.net/bbq-meatballs/
[Image: Crockpot-meatball-recipe-1-1200x857.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nothing too fancy, around here. In the crock, chili-cheese nacho dip with a little habanero sauce cooked in. In the mini crock, cocktail sausages with bbq sauce. On the platter, summer sausage, cheeses and crackers. (we have a local grocery store deli that has some fantastic varieties of summer sausage) The obligatory chips and salsa, and I've got a couple dozen Caribbean jerk wings on pre-order from out favorite pub.

All that, along with an ample supply of alcohol should have me feeling like a water balloon, come time for work in the morning. ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 12:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nothing too fancy, around here. In the crock, chili-cheese nacho dip with a little habanero sauce cooked in. In the mini crock, cocktail sausages with bbq sauce. On the platter, summer sausage, cheeses and crackers. (we have a local grocery store deli that has some fantastic varieties of summer sausage) The obligatory chips and salsa, and I've got a couple dozen Caribbean jerk wings on pre-order from out favorite pub.

All that, along with an ample supply of alcohol should have me feeling like a water balloon, come time for work in the morning. ThumbsUp

Are you adding grape jelly to your bbq sauce for the cocktail sausages?

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 12:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Are you adding grape jelly to your bbq sauce for the cocktail sausages?

Nope, just adding a tbsp. of local honey to give it a little extra sticky-sweetness.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We gots some meatballs in the crock. Air frying up some mottza cheese sticks and egg rolls and will probably bake up a mountain of nachos. If I get real crazy I’ll fry up some wings. The wife has an awesome honey mustard dipping sauce for the wingies. And during the game, I’ll sip on a glass or two of Scotch.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I'm making a roast. It's thawing right now. About to be seared and slow cooked. Separate pan of gravy. Cut to be munched on a bun
Reply/Quote
Massive amounts of chicken strips/fingers. The fun is making up with as many different sauces. Here are a couple I have came up with.

Peanut/ginger...half cup water. half cup peanut butter. dash of soy sauce. half teaspoon of ginger. heat and stir. I have found that some ground ginger is stronger than other, or perhaps I was just using some very old ginger, but you can always start low and add more.

Maple Mustard...I often made my own honey mustard sauce/dip with just honey, spicey mustard, and a some miracle whip. It kind of changes it up a little to use maple syrup instead of honey.

Garlic honey jalapeno...I don't use much jap and I remove the seeds. place several cleaned cloves of garic and 1 large jalapeno in a small container with 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Smash roated garic and jalapeno into paste. Mix with half cup honey and quarter cup water.

The water ratios in these recipes are only estimates. I just add water until I get the thickness I want.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 12:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nothing too fancy, around here.  In the crock, chili-cheese nacho dip with a little habanero sauce cooked in.  In the mini crock, cocktail sausages with bbq sauce.  On the platter, summer sausage, cheeses and crackers. (we have a local grocery store deli that has some fantastic varieties of summer sausage)  The obligatory chips and salsa, and I've got a couple dozen Caribbean jerk wings on pre-order from out favorite pub.

All that, along with an ample supply of alcohol should have me feeling like a water balloon, come time for work in the morning.   ThumbsUp

Thats a solid spread.
Reply/Quote
I'm making Mississippi Pot Roast in the slow cookers as the main dish. Started them this morning and it already smells great. Sides will be mashed potatoes with gravy, asparagus, applesauce, dinner rolls and Caesar salad. For appetizers shrimp cocktail and cantaloupe wrapped with prosciutto. Snacks during the game chips and salsa, cheese and crackers and a vegetable tray. For desert I have apple pie with vanilla ice cream and a chocolate flan. Beverages, margaritas, a large assortment of beer, and for the designated drivers sparkling cider.

Monday breakfast for the guests that crash at my place, bacon, eggs, corned beef hash, toast, fruit salad, an assortment of fruit juice, Bloody Marys and mimosas.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Taco Salad this year, homemade guacamole and salsa, refried beans and all the regular fixins. And of course pitchers of Margaritas.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 12:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nothing too fancy, around here.  In the crock, chili-cheese nacho dip with a little habanero sauce cooked in.  In the mini crock, cocktail sausages with bbq sauce.  On the platter, summer sausage, cheeses and crackers. (we have a local grocery store deli that has some fantastic varieties of summer sausage)  The obligatory chips and salsa, and I've got a couple dozen Caribbean jerk wings on pre-order from out favorite pub.

All that, along with an ample supply of alcohol should have me feeling like a water balloon, come time for work in the morning.   ThumbsUp

Good lord man!  I guess strongman competitors have to eat like a horse?   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
She did a homemade bacon - cheddar cheeseball. And we're going to have L'il Smokies, bacon wrapped with a touch of brown sugar. And massive quantities of brewski.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 02:49 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Good lord man!  I guess strongman competitors have to eat like a horse?   Hilarious

I'll graze on that stuff, all day long.  The leftovers will go on the "community table" at the office, in the morning.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Just recently I decided to have an impromptu party in the community room. I do not know how many people will be watching the game, but I bought two really good frozen pizzas at Aldi. This way, all we need are napkins and paper towels. If hardly anybody goes to the community room for the game I'll be able to have pizza leftovers all week.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 04:39 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Just recently I decided to have an impromptu party in the community room. I do not know how many people will be watching the game, but I bought two really good frozen pizzas at Aldi. This way, all we need are napkins and paper towels. If hardly anybody goes to the community room for the game I'll be able to have pizza leftovers all week.

Free pizza in the community room, eh??   Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Just keeping it simple this year. Got myself a 12 pack, a couple french bread pizzas, and some chips with queso & salsa to dip in.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 02:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm making Mississippi Pot Roast in the slow cookers as the main dish. Started them this morning and it already smells great. Sides will be mashed potatoes with gravy, asparagus, applesauce, dinner rolls and Caesar salad. For appetizers shrimp cocktail and cantaloupe wrapped with prosciutto. Snacks during the game chips and salsa, cheese and crackers and a vegetable tray. For desert I have apple pie with vanilla ice cream and a chocolate flan. Beverages, margaritas, a large assortment of beer, and for the designated drivers sparkling cider.

Monday breakfast for the guests that crash at my place, bacon, eggs, corned beef hash, toast, fruit salad, an assortment of fruit juice, Bloody Marys and mimosas.

Learned something new today about leftover mashed potatoes. Guess a lot of people fry them in oil. Maybe you can add some leftover fried mashed potato patties to your breakfast?

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 02:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm making Mississippi Pot Roast in the slow cookers as the main dish. Started them this morning and it already smells great. Sides will be mashed potatoes with gravy, asparagus, applesauce, dinner rolls and Caesar salad.  For appetizers shrimp cocktail and cantaloupe wrapped with prosciutto.  Snacks during the game chips and salsa, cheese and crackers and a vegetable tray.  For desert I have apple pie with vanilla ice cream and a chocolate flan.  Beverages, margaritas, a large assortment of beer, and for the designated drivers sparkling cider.  

Mississppi Pot Roast is a can't miss option.  It's impossible for it not to turn out awesome.   

My dinner tonight was marinated sirloin burritos with white queso, pintos, chili lime rice, salsa rojo, and some veggies.  Pretty dang good. 
Reply/Quote
I ended up going with the antipasto squares and meatballs. Very good and recommend.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 04:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Free pizza in the community room, eh??   Cool

It turned out that another lady ordered two pizzas from Donato's, one large and one small. There was pizza galore and about 10 people showed up for our little Super Bowl party. 

Only three of us watched the game though. 
Reply/Quote