Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
I'm watching Season 1 right now on HBO and have to say that this show sucks bad.
Bad acting
Bad story
But the acting is the worse and I don't understand how this show is big and didn't die after Season 1.
Reply/Quote
Keep watching and find out.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 08:28 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Keep watching and find out.

Most of the child actors were bad early on.  But there were also a handful (at least) of really excellent actors from the beginning (and throughout).  Jon has gotten much better, Dani not so much.

I knew absolutely nothing of the show....watched the first episode one day when I was bored, and decided to watch the next 2 and was hooked.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 07:47 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I'm watching Season 1 right now on HBO and have to say that this show sucks bad.
Bad acting
Bad story
But the acting is the worse and I don't understand how this show is big and didn't die after Season 1.

Well... it does get better. Also, Cersei gets naked. And Daenerys gets naked. And Melisandre gets naked. And every other attractive woman gets naked.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Now I know why it's popular...women get nekkid. Kind of reminds me of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" if it has slow motion boobies flopping around in the arena and full frontal nekkidness, lol.

I sat and watched "Into The Badlands" today, all day, from start to finish. Maybe I'll give "Game Of Thrones" another shot on Thursday or Tomorrow, err, today. HBO is showing every season and season 3 is Thursday or Tomorrow, err, today.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 03:25 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Now I know why it's popular...women get nekkid.

It sure helps. I didn't get into it quickly as well, I just was fond of queen Cersei because she looked like an older version of a girl I once knew and considered to be the most beautiful being on earth and probably the universe. Then they cut Cersei's hair and the similarity was gone, which was disappointing. But then she had an extensive naked scene (the queen, not the girl I once knew). Then I learned that a body double was used for that scene. I then googled for naked pictures of the actual actress - I'm really quite the intellectual type - and was happy to find some. After seeing them, however, I understood the body double.
That's what this series does, it puts you in a constant stream of enthusiasm and disappointment :)

But seriously, it gets better and I consider the series to be quite watchable, mainly because of Peter Dinklage. It took me some time to get into it though.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 07:42 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I knew absolutely nothing of the show....watched the first episode one day when I was bored, and decided to watch the next 2 and was hooked.

That's why I said keep watching. And then what happened? BAM! Hooked....  Cool
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 07:42 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Jon has gotten much better, Dani not so much.

Dani doesn't have to be a great actress as long as she gets naked. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 11:21 AM)Bengalzona Wrote:  
Dani doesn't have to be a great actress as long as she gets naked. Ninja

She apparently now refuses to get naked.  I guess she did that one last scene because the situation kind of demanded it.

But being HBO, they also subject us to too much male nudity, including full frontal (and ANY is too much)...and then with the gay sex even worse.

And then the child sex - WTF is wrong with George R?!?!?!?

Although, seeing Missandei kind of makes up for all that....her boobies are GOAT.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Anybody catch last Night's episode? Think it's going to be a great season.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody catch last Night's episode? Think it's going to be a great season.

Yes and yes. Lots of conflict resolution to wrap up in the last 5 episodes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I wonder what kind of weapon Arya has designed?

And "Dany meets the Kingslayer" should be interesting next week, eh.
Reply/Quote
I'm similarly worried about pacing. There's quite a bit to wrap up in just 5 episodes.

First episode was a typical first episode. Loved the homage they paid to S01E01.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 06:47 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm similarly worried about pacing. There's quite a bit to wrap up in just 5 episodes.

First episode was a typical first episode. Loved the homage they paid to S01E01.

I don't think it'll get wrapped up. Making room for prequels, sequels, spinoffs, ect...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 07:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think it'll get wrapped up. Making room for prequels, sequels, spinoffs, ect...

No doubt they will leave expanded universe opportunity. However, they need to at wrap up the arcs with the Night King, Starks, Lannisters and Targaryens. Anything less would be a slap in the face to the viewers of the past 9 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 05:37 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Yes and yes.  Lots of conflict resolution to wrap up in the last 5 episodes

Not too much everyone is one 1 of 2 sides now....  everything will be done in the next few episodes and the fallout a little after that.

Night King reaches Winterfel Episode 3
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 07:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think it'll get wrapped up. Making room for prequels, sequels, spinoffs, ect...

nah it will get finished at least to where the books were going to finish... They wont finish every story line as they dropped a ton of them during the making of this series.

But... the overall night king starks lannisters iron throne.. will be finalized by seasons end.

They have a prequel coming about 10,000 years before the current events...  so much will change most of the houses we know wont exist save in the north.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 07:42 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Most of the child actors were bad early on.  But there were also a handful (at least) of really excellent actors from the beginning (and throughout).  Jon has gotten much better, Dani not so much.

I knew absolutely nothing of the show....watched the first episode one day when I was bored, and decided to watch the next 2 and was hooked.

I was flipping through streams one day after the first season came out and saw this medieval-type show with Sean Bean which looked good. Turned out, that was the episode in the first season where he loses his head. After that, I thought, "This may be worthwhile watching."
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 12:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not too much everyone is one 1 of 2 sides now....  everything will be done in the next few episodes and the fallout a little after that.

Night King reaches Winterfel Episode 3

Major issues still ongoing. Dead vs living. Dani and Jon’s relationship, plus them vs Cersei. Cersei vs Jamie and Tyrion, plus whoever else she hates. Brans fate.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 12:58 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Major issues still ongoing.  Dead vs living.  Dani and Jon’s relationship, plus them vs Cersei.  Cersei vs Jamie and Tyrion, plus whoever else she hates.  Brans fate.

well bran is the 3 eye raven...   if he lives thru everything.  I think either him or Jon will take the place of the night king. and lead the white walkers back north.

Dead Vs Living will come to a head episode 3  if the dead win that battle...  we will see everyone falling back to potentially kings landing if anyones left.

Dani and jons relationship will probly get hit on heavy next episode while they try to decide how things should be... Really Danny should bend the knee to jon.     

They could marry Targ Style.  But jon is the most suited for the throne of the 2 imo.   but jon is also duty bound... So the night king or the 1000th commander of the nights watch could be his final calling.

I don't see a traditional ending coming...   Danny wont make it to the iron throne.

I see the iron bank turning on Ceresi. if Arya doesn't make it to kings landing.

for the prince that was promised  (either jon or danny)     what where they promised for? to replace the night king is the only theory ive heard in a while.
Reply/Quote