Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(04-16-2019, 02:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They could marry Targ Style. 

They are aunt and nephew though. That might really kill the mood.

And I know this show has siblings doing dirty deeds... but that was thought a scandal still.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 03:52 PM)hollodero Wrote: They are aunt and nephew though. That might really kill the mood.

And I know this show has siblings doing dirty deeds... but that was thought a scandal still.

Yes for any family not named the targarens its not accepted...   Targs brought the incest marriage with them from across the sea when they fled. 

and they generally kept that practice for much of their dynasty when there was enough siblings to marry each other.

I'm sure neither will react well about their boat trip when they talk about his heiratage.
Reply/Quote
I've been with this show since the beginning and need a whiteboard to keep up with who is who and who's related and what not....
Should be an exciting ending.
One thing I have to complain about though, why is it British actors whisper alot? My TV can be on full volume and I still can't hear or understand what they are saying. Then the music comes back on, scares the shit out of me because my tv is up...LoL I know I'm old..
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 12:57 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I've been with this show since the beginning and need a whiteboard to keep up with who is who and who's related and what not....
Should be an exciting ending.
One thing I have to complain about though, why is it British actors whisper alot? My TV can be on full volume and I still can't hear or understand what they are saying. Then the music comes back on, scares the shit out of me because my tv is up...LoL  I know I'm old..

There are a ton of characters in the books that never made it to the show as well.
Reply/Quote
I said this to my sister after Danny killed the Tarley's after their surrender; watch Samwell kill Danny to avenge his father and brother. Also, I can see Danny not acquiescing to John being the true heir to the throne, another reason for Sam to act.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 08:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I said this to my sister after Danny killed the Tarley's after their surrender; watch Samwell kill Danny to avenge his father and brother.  Also, I can see Danny not acquiescing to John being the true heir to the throne, another reason for Sam to act.

that would be interesting sam didn't seem overly upset his father was dead..  His younger brother maybe.  

But he would do anything to help jon I believe.

I still also believe Danny will never sit the throne.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 02:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that would be interesting sam didn't seem overly upset his father was dead..  His younger brother maybe.  

But he would do anything to help jon I believe.

I still also believe Danny will never sit the throne.

Dude, his lip was quivering like a five year old who just dropped their ice cream.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 03:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dude, his lip was quivering like a five year old who just dropped their ice cream.  Wink

he's still nervous around girls... lol..

His brother I can see.. His dad though wanted him dead
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 05:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he's still nervous around girls... lol..

His brother I can see.. His dad though wanted him dead

I worked in a group home in my early 20's.  Most of the kids there were taken away from abusive parents.  With literally one exception they all still loved their parents and wanted to return home to them.  Especially for a boy in that kind of society, they'd want to make their father proud of them, even once they were dead.  my theory may not come to pass, but it won't be because Sam hated his father.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 08:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I said this to my sister after Danny killed the Tarley's after their surrender; watch Samwell kill Danny to avenge his father and brother.  Also, I can see Danny not acquiescing to John being the true heir to the throne, another reason for Sam to act.

I don't see him as a character who would kill someone in cold blood.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 07:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I worked in a group home in my early 20's.  Most of the kids there were taken away from abusive parents.  With literally one exception they all still loved their parents and wanted to return home to them.  Especially for a boy in that kind of society, they'd want to make their father proud of them, even once they were dead.  my theory may not come to pass, but it won't be because Sam hated his father.

would be a nice little twist....  I could see him do it if he thought he had to to protect jon...

But will jon forgive him
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 05:57 AM)hollodero Wrote: I don't see him as a character who would kill someone in cold blood.

Did you seem him as a character who could kill a White Walker?
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 11:52 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Did you seem him as a character who could kill a White Walker?

No. 
But that was an impulsive act of desperation that can pretty much happen to anyone without creating a narrative problem. Killing Daenerys would be a completely different situation (for starters, it would be murder) and to me would feel way more out of character.
Reply/Quote
Could Brienne, Jorah and Theon be any more dead for next week?

I'm sure there will be many others, and probably some misdirection (I think both Arya and Gendry survive) but I'd be amazed if any of those three make it.
Reply/Quote
I will say I did have to pause to check Maisie Williams' age.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 12:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say I did have to pause to check Maisie Williams' age.

I still think of her as little Arya and was ready to turn my head away. Glad they didn’t “expose” her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 12:29 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I still think of her as little Arya and was ready to turn my head away.  Glad they didn’t “expose” her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

interesting the Stark And Stag connection finally happens....     Was suppose to be Robert and Lyanna
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 10:40 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Could Brienne, Jorah and Theon be any more dead for next week?

I'm sure there will be many others, and probably some misdirection (I think both Arya and Gendry survive) but I'd be amazed if any of those three make it.

Anyone leading the front lines is dead I believe.

The question is whos gonna screw up brans plan
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Anyone leading the front lines is dead I believe.

The question is whos gonna screw up brans plan

There have been a bunch of different theories floating around. One being that the Night King won't even be there, and that would actually make a ton of sense.

It's nice to have a GoT that isn't entirely predictable again.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 10:20 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: There have been a bunch of different theories floating around. One being that the Night King won't even be there, and that would actually make a ton of sense.

It's nice to have a GoT that isn't entirely predictable again.

Right...   The battle is gonna be 80 minutes long and completely nuts...
Reply/Quote