Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
last episode was a nice little wrap up.... A lot of fan service. and the last feel good moments we are likely to get.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 01:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: last episode was a nice little wrap up.... A lot of fan service. and the last feel good moments we are likely to get.

I think you’re right. Jorah seems doomed after he endorsed Tyrion. Brienne got her knighthood, she seems gone. I don’t see how Jamie survives. Theon a goner it seems.

I wonder if both Jon and danearys survive.

I think Arya survives, takes Jamie’s face and kills Cersei

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 01:48 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think Arya survives, takes Jamie’s face and kills Cersei

don't know why I haven't thought of that still forfills the killed by a younger bro...

that or in the retreat to kings landing.  Jaime has to do to ceresi what he did to the mad king.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 01:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: last episode was a nice little wrap up....   A lot of fan service.  and the last feel good moments we are likely to get.

I thought the first two episodes have been great. It was the best way they could have shown the 'calm before the storm' with almost all the storylines all converging together in some way.

One thing Im trying not to do is think ahead and trying to figure out how it all will unfold, the show is too good for that.

However, it's hard not to with Cersei still back at Kings Landing with a 20000 man army and the Mountain. Maybe, just maybe, Bran somehow 'becomes' the new Night King, takes over the dead, and with whomever is left alive, go after Cersei, then retires up north beyond the wall as a good Night King? Just a thought I had, though there are 100 other different ones to go with it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 04:18 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I thought the first two episodes have been great. It was the best way they could have shown the 'calm before the storm' with almost all the storylines all converging together in some way.

One thing Im trying not to do is think ahead and trying to figure out how it all will unfold, the show is too good for that.

However, it's hard not to with Cersei still back at Kings Landing with a 20000 man army and the Mountain. Maybe, just maybe, Bran somehow 'becomes' the new Night King, takes over the dead, and with whomever is left alive, go after Cersei, then retires up north beyond the wall as a good Night King? Just a thought I had, though there are 100 other different ones to go with it.

ive heard lots of theorys just talking to friends.... 

Some interesting things could still happen.  The battle with the white walkers could be just 1 episode and then the following 3 are to clean up and close down the series finishing up ceresi etc.. possibly a time jump forward.

Still think   Hound vs Mountain is coming...  when they go from winterfel to kings landing.
Ceresi still needs to be killed by a younger brother

So I can only think of a few ways for this to all happen..  Either They lose at winterfel and have to retreat.  Or they win and head south to finish dannys quest.

as far as winterfel and the Starks themselves ive read some things about how the starks have some white walker blood in their viens.  from a long time ago.  (bran the breaker vs the Night's King).    Which could bring about the dead lords of winterfel to raise to defend it... (or sack it lol) Remember the horn sam found?

As they say they place the long sword of iron on their crypts to keep the vengeful spirits from rising.. (but when Theon sacked the town the survivors hinding down there took some of the swords)
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 10:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: ive heard lots of theorys just talking to friends.... 

Some interesting things could still happen.  The battle with the white walkers could be just 1 episode and then the following 3 are to clean up and close down the series finishing up ceresi etc.. possibly a time jump forward.

Still think   Hound vs Mountain is coming...  when they go from winterfel to kings landing.
Ceresi still needs to be killed by a younger brother

So I can only think of a few ways for this to all happen..  Either They lose at winterfel and have to retreat.  Or they win and head south to finish dannys quest.

as far as winterfel and the Starks themselves ive read some things about how the starks have some white walker blood in their viens.  from a long time ago.  (bran the breaker vs the Night's King).    Which could bring about the dead lords of winterfel to raise to defend it... (or sack it lol)   Remember the horn sam found?

As they say they place the long sword of iron on their crypts to keep the vengeful spirits from rising.. (but when Theon sacked the town the survivors hinding down there took some of the swords)

I'm gonna put a Spoiler Warning here. I don't know of any leaks, but I know that a lot of people like to go in completely blind. So in case any of my BS below is right, don't read it if you are not reading theories or analysis this far.

I'd have a real problem with a decisive dead victory. I expect there to be massive casualties, but a retreat makes no sense. How would they retreat? Could a significant number of them even survive a retreat? I mean sure, Jon and Dany and a few of the bigger names could hop on a dragon and book it to Dragonstone, but then what? Cersei has a change of heart (that would be super stupid). Everyone dies in the end? I get that it's kind of GRRM's schtick, but from a literary standpoint it would be an underwhelming ending.

I also think it will be a bittersweet living victory because of the parallels to Tolkien's Helm's Deep. It's a shame that Thrones has already used the Knights of the Vale ex Machina a la Gandalf last season, but with all the parallels (night, siege, overwhelming odds, crypts will be the gunpowder keg that screws everything up, will certainly have deaths like Haldir, Battle of Winterfell will be longer cinematically and they harped on that) I think they will be very similar. My top candidate for the endgame ex machina would be Melisandre.
Reply/Quote
I wonder what becomes of craster’s boys. There has been further mention of them. They would be useless obviously in a battle but do they grow to become the next night king and his “officers”?

All of the the night Kings aids are men, at least that we’ve seen so far.

Possible spoiler. I’ve heard that during the battle at winter fell that dead suffer such large losses and the night king is possibly wounded that they retreat back to beyond the wall

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 11:33 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm gonna put a Spoiler Warning here. I don't know of any leaks, but I know that a lot of people like to go in completely blind. So in case any of my BS below is right, don't read it if you are not reading theories or analysis this far.

I'd have a real problem with a decisive dead victory. I expect there to be massive casualties, but a retreat makes no sense. How would they retreat? Could a significant number of them even survive a retreat? I mean sure, Jon and Dany and a few of the bigger names could hop on a dragon and book it to Dragonstone, but then what? Cersei has a change of heart (that would be super stupid). Everyone dies in the end? I get that it's kind of GRRM's schtick, but from a literary standpoint it would be an underwhelming ending.

I also think it will be a bittersweet living victory because of the parallels to Tolkien's Helm's Deep. It's a shame that Thrones has already used the Knights of the Vale ex Machina a la Gandalf last season, but with all the parallels (night, siege, overwhelming odds, crypts will be the gunpowder keg that screws everything up, will certainly have deaths like Haldir, Battle of Winterfell will be longer cinematically and they harped on that) I think they will be very similar. My top candidate for the endgame ex machina would be Melisandre.

*Possible Spoilers*

I agree Melsiandre is coming back and could be what changes the tide in this battle...

We have see what lord beric dondarrion can do as on resurrected by the Red Prest...    Could she be bringing a whole army of Red Preist/Fire Wrights  to help fight the tide?.   (when does jon awaken his inner fire... He is also a Fire Wright now. Azor azule has returned.)

I see  staggering losses on both sides.     Yes I agree a retreat seems unlikely yet they have to make it back south to wrap up that part of the story.   So my one friends theory of this is the major battle for LIFE  and the battle with the white walkers is all but over after this weekend..  Then we flash forward a few months and see a possibly preggo Danny besieging the red keep.   (which would possible bring on the Clegane bowl) and or Jamie/tryion/arya killing Ceresi.

How ever I don't think the End of the Battle of Winterfell will be what anyone expects...  there is so many things that could happen so many little things that should turn the tide.

Anyways anyone know what happened with all the bodies from the battle of bastards?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 12:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Anyways anyone know what happened with all the bodies from the battle of bastards?

If Jon Snow and co didn't burn everything they are really friggin stupid.

Then again, they are going on and on about how the crypts full of dead people are the safest place to be.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 11:49 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I wonder what becomes of craster’s boys.  There has been further mention of them.  They would be useless obviously in a battle but do they grow to become the next night king and his “officers”?

All of the the night Kings aids are men, at least that we’ve seen so far.  

Possible spoiler.  I’ve heard that during the battle at winter fell that dead suffer such large losses and the night king is possibly wounded that they retreat back to beyond the wall

Craster's boys is definitely something that will be better fleshed out in the books. The show shows us that they are all turned into White Walkers, but doesn't explain much more.
Reply/Quote
I watch the last episode of last season and noticed the ice guy has his own dead dragon.

With that said, I saw an episode where that one girl can not be burned but the dead dragon doesn't breath fire but instead breaths ice...maybe this is how that girl is killed. She sees her dragon, has feelings, tries to bring it back or touch the dead dragon and gets blasted and killed.

This whole story reminds me of Wrath of the Lich King. The story is very familiar to me.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:54 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I watch the last episode of last season and noticed the ice guy has his own dead dragon.

With that said, I saw an episode where that one girl can not be burned but the dead dragon doesn't breath fire but instead breaths ice...maybe this is how that girl is killed. She sees her dragon, has feelings, tries to bring it back or touch the dead dragon and gets blasted and killed.

This whole story reminds me of Wrath of the Lich King. The story is very familiar to me.

well she could just fall off her dragon while in the air... Many a Targaryan has died that way.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well she could just fall off her dragon while in the air... Many a Targaryan has died that way.

No, they have to make it touching.

The dead dragon lands close to the end of the battle.
The girl lands and starts to cry over the dead dragon.
The dead dragon sees the girl and it no longer shows teeth and has anger.
The main guy flies in low on his dragon, jumps off in mid air and drives his sword into the ice king.
The dead dragon gets upset but the girl starts to calm it down and the girl feeling sad bows her head.
The dead dragon blasts her with ice and as the ice king dies, all the dead die as the main dude yells "NOOOOOO!"
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I’m surprised that for all the talk of killing the night king no one mentioned killing his generals will kill the ones they rose

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 10:20 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: There have been a bunch of different theories floating around. One being that the Night King won't even be there, and that would actually make a ton of sense.

It's nice to have a GoT that isn't entirely predictable again.

I'll bet Reek gets it during the big fight. Dude has "Red Shirt' written all over him.

And "Friendzone" Jorah too.

Probably Brianna of Tar as well. Can't have people that happy in this show for very long, right? "Big woman" zombie. Red-haired half-giant dude probably had a shot with her... until he sat down and drank his milk in front of her, eh.

[Image: giphy.gif]
No happy people!!!

BTW: There seems to be a lot of foreshadowing about "being safe down in the crypts". I dunno... thinking that that is NOT the place I would want to be when the undead come, eh.

Eh! Picturing Varys as a bald-headed eunuch wight!!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Damn..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

One more down...

Reply/Quote
I don't know if I have ever been that much engaged for an hour and 20 minutes, from movies to shows.

Reply/Quote
OK so that episode made this guy cry.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Did not expect Arya to get the death blow, but love the way she did it. But the producers said they had been planning that for 3 years. I like the look Arya gives Bran afterwards, like "You know all this would happen and you couldn't tell anyone, asshole!"

Trying to keep track of who lived and who died. Hard to see too much in all the action and in the dark most of the time. I guess Jon, Dany, Arya, Bran, Tyrion, Varys, Davos and the Hound made it. Lost track of Sansa, Brianna, Jaime, Grey Worm, Missandei and Tormund. Sam was looking in pretty bad shape. Couldn't tell if he was going to live or not.

Jonah, Lyanna, Beric and Theon had good deaths. Way to fight the good fight guys!

Loved the flaming swords scene at the beginning. But the Dothraki didn't last long, did they.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote