Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(05-16-2019, 09:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if a council then it should be bran...

Sansa rules the north.

Jon returns to rebuild the wall becoming the 1000th lord commander.

Why would the wall need to be rebuilt now?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I felt like one of the dumbest things was the "grass isn't greener...." moment with the Wildlings.

Spend centuries trying to get over the wall....then they are finally welcomed south of the Wall and be like "it sucks here we're going home".
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would the wall need to be rebuilt now?

My guess is because the Night King isn't truly dead.  If normal people can be brought back to life, then why couldn't an already magical being?  It would be a convenient way for Jon to reject the throne, and probably give Bran something to do.

Maybe the series will end finally giving us a shot of one of those giant ice spiders!

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 07:32 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: My guess is because the Night King isn't truly dead.  If normal people can be brought back to life, then why couldn't an already magical being?  It would be a convenient way for Jon to reject the throne, and probably give Bran something to do.

Maybe the series will end finally giving us a shot of one of those giant ice spiders!

If brought back, he's still on the South side of the wall. I think Jon rejects the throne because he doesn't want it and goes North. Way North. 

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If brought back, he's still on the South side of the wall. I think Jon rejects the throne because he doesn't want it and goes North. Way North. 

Well, he shattered into a million pieces, so I'm not sure there's and hard-and-fast rule of how he would be re-born.  Also possible he was just a general, and not the actual Night King.

Which would be kind of a cool ending, combined with what you said about Jon.  Jon goes way way North, and finds a White Walker city....that's not uninhabited.  Or maybe he runs into undead-Tormund.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 09:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if a council then it should be bran...

Sansa rules the north.

Jon returns to rebuild the wall becoming the 1000th lord commander.

I think Jon takes the job, just like he took the King of the North job.

BTW, Xeno. Thought you might enjoy this:
[Image: 59988645_2469340316451903_18401211982943...e=5D607306]

Pooh-dator vs Eeyore-morph by Ed Harrington.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Love this stillshot:

[Image: game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-hound...o-arya.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 08:06 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, he shattered into a million pieces, so I'm not sure there's and hard-and-fast rule of how he would be re-born.  Also possible he was just a general, and not the actual Night King.

Which would be kind of a cool ending, combined with what you said about Jon.  Jon goes way way North, and finds a White Walker city....that's not uninhabited.  Or maybe he runs into undead-Tormund.

True. A whole lot has to happen in 80 minutes. I got my popcorn ready

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 08:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ... A whole lot has to happen in 80 minutes.

Man, I don't even want to think about how badly that could suck.  80 minutes basically to plot/overthrow/kill Dany.  Actually, allowing for wrap-ups and loose ends, probably less than 60 minutes for that.

Or is there a moment there where the Great Houses are all backing Jon's claim, but that army is kind of unsure what to do....and Dany says "Drac-aryus", only Drogon decides to switch his vote?

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 08:10 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I think Jon takes the job, just like he took the King of the North job.

BTW, Xeno. Thought you might enjoy this:
[Image: 59988645_2469340316451903_18401211982943...e=5D607306]

Pooh-dator vs Eeyore-morph by Ed Harrington.

if only I could bring my army of xenomorphs    westroes would be a better place.   No one messes with our queen

[Image: PZPk5wqTXUuftAhp8]
Reply/Quote
The way it will end...

Everyone is pissed at Dany.
Dany lands her dragon and looks down the steps to the angry mob
In the distance you hear screaming and it gets closer and closer.
As Dany looks around, we start to see her breath.
As she looks in horror, she watches all the people, everyone slaughtered by the dead.
The Night King emerges, walks up to Dany and turns her.

The last scene is of the undead army heading north beyond the wall as survivors look on and start to rebuild the wall.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 02:12 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The last scene is of the undead army heading north beyond the wall as survivors look on and start to rebuild the wall.

The ending I was hoping for was the Night King did an end-around the Battle at Winterfell and takes out Kings Landing - and it's one million people...maybe even making Cersei his queen.  And in my version, she sent her armies to flank Jon, so they instead end-up joining forces.

Then it ends with a last stand of the living against the dead.  The throne doesn't matter (you know, like Jon kept telling us).

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 04:45 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The ending I was hoping for was the Night King did an end-around the Battle at Winterfell and takes out Kings Landing - and it's one million people...maybe even making Cersei his queen.  And in my version, she sent her armies to flank Jon, so they instead end-up joining forces.

Then it ends with a last stand of the living against the dead.  The throne doesn't matter (you know, like Jon kept telling us).

as far as the night king knows kings landing doesn't exist.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would the wall need to be rebuilt now?

cause it has a big hole in it.... lol     Heck the wildlings might build it to keep the south out

But really how does one know that an evil force that's been around near 10,000 years was truly destroyed?
Reply/Quote
No assembly required!

[Image: 60594866_2472802849438983_83046095851303...e=5D63214F]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 05:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: as far as the night king knows kings landing doesn't exist.

Okkkayyyy.....Kind of a shaky assumption, even if the Night King doesn't have green-seer abilities, which he appears to have. He foresaw dragons and had a plan....but he's blind to anything south of the wall.

Just giving you a hard time. I haven't read the books and only going off based on what they have shown us in the tv show.

Reply/Quote
That ending...

...almost as bad as the ending to Dexter.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I think I might be on the redo train. What a boring letdown of an ending.

Goes from nothing matters more than family to the whole family splitting up and not seeing each other...

Drogon just leaves?

What was the point of Jon being a Targaryen?

Small council scene was funny though.
Reply/Quote
That finale and last season was a giant joke on everyone who watched that show and loved it for a decade. Brandon Stark was a filler storyline compared to John, Dany, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Jaime, and Cersei. He went from non-human spiritually transcendent being to smiling monarch in a 10 minute scene. Absolutely egregious.

The acting was fine. The imagery and scenery was great. The writing was absolute trash.
Reply/Quote
I almost have to wonder if GRRM gave a bullshit ending to the writers. If we all know the ending, a lot less people buy the books when he finally finishes them. Maybe he set out to disappoint the shit out of everyone and then go on to fix it all in his last two books.
Reply/Quote