Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 7 discussion (spoilers for any aired episode)
Hey, so season 7 starts tonight! Very amped, figured there'd be some conversations.

Hoping to see Jon rally the North and start to find some more allies other in addition to the Vale. I was rewatching season 5, and Littlefinger makes a comment to Roose Bolton when he was working that angle about the North and the Vale being unstoppable together. Maybe Arya frees her Uncle and his kid and he can rally the Riverlands without fear that Jaime will catapult his kid into a castle. The North, the Riverlands, and the Vale against the Lannisters as the Lannisters worry about Dorne and the Reach.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 11:19 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Hey, so season 7 starts tonight! Very amped, figured there'd be some conversations.

Hoping to see Jon rally the North and start to find some more allies other in addition to the Vale. I was rewatching season 5, and Littlefinger makes a comment to Roose Bolton when he was working that angle about the North and the Vale being unstoppable together. Maybe Arya frees her Uncle and his kid and he can rally the Riverlands without fear that Jaime will catapult his kid into a castle. The North, the Riverlands, and the Vale against the Lannisters as the Lannisters worry about Dorne and the Reach.

You can add the vale and Riverlands, and the Lannisters along with the Night King's army, and that's not going to stop three dragons, nevermind they are backed by Dothraki and Unsullied too.

Jon's only chance is to hitch with Danaerys.  Stab Littlefinger as soon as he doesn't need the Vale anymore.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 03:20 PM)Dill Wrote: You can add the vale and Riverlands, and the Lannisters along with the Night King's army, and that's not going to stop three dragons, nevermind they are backed by Dothraki and Unsullied too.

Jon's only chance is to hitch with Danaerys.  Stab Littlefinger as soon as he doesn't need the Vale anymore.

I think that one Vale lord Royce will do what he can to push Robyn away from Littlefinger and towards his cousins. IIRC, most of the Vale wanted to support the North from the start since Ned was ward to Jon Arynn and Lysa was Catlyn's sister. 

I think Jon's union with Dany is definitely happening.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 05:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think that one Vale lord Royce will do what he can to push Robyn away from Littlefinger and towards his cousins. IIRC, most of the Vale wanted to support the North from the start since Ned was ward to Jon Arynn and Lysa was Catlyn's sister. 

I think Jon's union with Dany is definitely happening.
I'm sure the people of the Vale would like to see that relationship severed. You might be on to something there.

Jon and Dany would be the feel good ending. I don't trust Martin to give people that. For all we know, Jon could team up with the Night King, in a nod to "diversity." Neither side understands what they see in each other, but the chemistry is there. That would have fans talking! Hilarious   Anyway, I'm looking forward to the season opener.

[Image: landscape-1471444244-night-king-jano-snow.jpg]
Reply/Quote
All I have to say is that Ayra Stark is one badass! You have to love those assassin skills of hers! Fantastic!
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 09:13 PM)Dill Wrote: I'm sure the people of the Vale would like to see that relationship severed. You might be on to something there.

Jon and Dany would be the feel good ending. I don't trust Martin to give people that. For all we know, Jon could team up with the Night King, in a nod to "diversity." Neither side understands what they see in each other, but the chemistry is there. That would have fans talking! Hilarious   Anyway, I'm looking forward to the season opener.

[Image: landscape-1471444244-night-king-jano-snow.jpg]

I think Jon and Tyrion would be a great couple. You know, sort of get that Air Supply thing going on!  Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I get that it's the first episode back, but if we're only getting 12 more I feel like we should be getting more here.

Outside of some Arya badassery and Dany landing, this was a glorified roll call of an episode just checking in on where we left everyone and continuing to set up things that were already set up last season..
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 12:31 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I get that it's the first episode back, but if we're only getting 12 more I feel like we should be getting more here.

Outside of some Arya badassery and Dany landing, this was a glorified roll call of an episode just checking in on where we left everyone and continuing to set up things that were already set up last season..

I think it was necessary for the first episode back. I'll willing to wait and see if next week's is more action packed. 

Cersei is making deals w Euron for a fleet and will be using scare tactics to get any random lord to support her. This sets her up w an army to face Dany's moving forward.

Dany is ready to roll. Clips showed Tyrell, Martell, and Greyjoys with her and her advisors next week.

Jon has the Tormund and his boys manning the wall and will be getting a Raven that there's dragon glass at dragonstone. He's gonna go meet Dany.

Sam will be focusing on learning about white walkers for Jon and apparently working on curing Jorah at the citadel (obvious pairing between the two).

Arya is headed to Kings Landing (appears to meet her wolf along the way).

Bran is at the Wall. I am assuming he will be moving down to Winterfell to access the Trees there.

The Hound is heading to Eastwatch by the Sea according to his vision.

Jon, Dany, and Co will be one group. Cersei and co another and they will be fighting.

You'll have a big group at the wall (for the sake of storylines, Tormund and his crew will likely meet the Hound and his crew)

and then you'll have the Stark kids at Winterfell or where ever Arya is.

So that keeps things moving faster with only 3-5 stories to go between.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 03:20 PM)Dill Wrote: You can add the vale and Riverlands, and the Lannisters along with the Night King's army, and that's not going to stop three dragons, nevermind they are backed by Dothraki and Unsullied too.

Danny is just bringing a ton of fodder for the the night kings army....  All those Dothraki aren't prepared for a winter...
Reply/Quote
I thought it was a good opening episode. If these last two seasons are going to be a rollar coaster of a ride, this episode was the climb up before the first drop and twists and turns begin.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I thought it was a good opening episode, too. A GoT season is like a big engine that you have to let warm-up before you tear out down the road.

The only thing I would have have changed would have been to have Arya's kill scene a little later in the show rather then the beginning. Coming at the end of last season's recap, I thought it was just another recap from last season for a short time.
Reply/Quote
There was one thing in the episode I didnt like, and that was how Dany went ashore. One would think that before she landed, they would have sent ahead scouting parties and made sure it was secure before she set foot like she did. Or if anything have a much larger ground force around her as she made the trek up to the fortress.

Reply/Quote
Anyone care to explain how the Hound was connected to the two corpses? That one zipped over my head.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 02:46 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Anyone care to explain how the Hound was connected to the two corpses? That one zipped over my head.

They were the father and daughter that he and Arya came across. I think he stole some silver or something from them, and Arya protested. Then he said something like what does it matter they will be dead within a year anyways, assuming they would be murdered or starve to death.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 02:52 PM)Millhouse Wrote: They were the father and daughter that he and Arya came across. I think he stole some silver or something from them, and Arya protested. Then he said something like what does it matter they will be dead within a year anyways, assuming they would be murdered or starve to death.

Thanks. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 01:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: There was one thing in the episode I didnt like, and that was how Dany went ashore. One would think that before she landed, they would have sent ahead scouting parties and made sure it was secure before she set foot like she did. Or if anything have a much larger ground force around her as she made the trek up to the fortress.

I thought about that too. I just assumed they must have sent some scouts and/or spies ahead to check things out.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 01:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: There was one thing in the episode I didnt like, and that was how Dany went ashore. One would think that before she landed, they would have sent ahead scouting parties and made sure it was secure before she set foot like she did. Or if anything have a much larger ground force around her as she made the trek up to the fortress.

I haven't watched yet... But I'm guessing she landed in Dorne?  (Dorne had sent her a marriage proposal and had already pledged to her cause)  although that might not have made in the show..  in the books Quentyn Martell was the one who freed the dragons...

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Quentyn_Martell

Her landing could have been so to mimic Queen Nymeria's of a 1000 years past
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 04:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I haven't watched yet... But I'm guessing she landed in Dorne?  (Dorne had sent her a marriage proposal and had already pledged to her cause)  although that might not have made in the show..  in the books Quentyn Martell was the one who freed the dragons...

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Quentyn_Martell

Her landing could have been so to mimic Queen Nymeria's of a 1000 years past

She went to Dragonstone. 

BTW - I just had it pointed out that in the scene where Jon says it is almost like Sansa admires Cersei and she says she "learned a great deal from her", Sansa is now wearing Cersei's old hairstyle.

Nervous

[Image: 596cd5c21a00003300dbf1ec.jpeg?ops=scalef..._noupscale]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 04:54 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: She went to Dragonstone. 

BTW - I just had it pointed out that in the scene where Jon says it is almost like Sansa admires Cersei and she says she "learned a great deal from her", Sansa is now wearing Cersei's old hairstyle.

Nervous

[Image: 596cd5c21a00003300dbf1ec.jpeg?ops=scalef..._noupscale]

One of my favorite things from the books is the lessons she takes from Ceresi.. then the lessons she gets from Littlefinger   (who explains that ceresi is dethroning herself faster than he had planned lol)    But if she learned from those 2 Combined now with her harder nature.    She could be a very dangerous person to anyone in her way.
Reply/Quote

I'm thinking if you only have 50 minutes in the episode then you don't have time to send a scouting party. Had to get to the old throne room by 0:49.
Reply/Quote