Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 7 discussion (spoilers for any aired episode)
(07-17-2017, 10:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think it was necessary for the first episode back. I'll willing to wait and see if next week's is more action packed. 

Cersei is making deals w Euron for a fleet and will be using scare tactics to get any random lord to support her. This sets her up w an army to face Dany's moving forward.

Dany is ready to roll. Clips showed Tyrell, Martell, and Greyjoys with her and her advisors next week.

Jon has the Tormund and his boys manning the wall and will be getting a Raven that there's dragon glass at dragonstone. He's gonna go meet Dany.

Sam will be focusing on learning about white walkers for Jon and apparently working on curing Jorah at the citadel (obvious pairing between the two).

Arya is headed to Kings Landing (appears to meet her wolf along the way).

Bran is at the Wall. I am assuming he will be moving down to Winterfell to access the Trees there.

The Hound is heading to Eastwatch by the Sea according to his vision.

Jon, Dany, and Co will be one group. Cersei and co another and they will be fighting.

You'll have a big group at the wall (for the sake of storylines, Tormund and his crew will likely meet the Hound and his crew)

and then you'll have the Stark kids at Winterfell or where ever Arya is.

So that keeps things moving faster with only 3-5 stories to go between.

Well done Bpat. You have a good grasp of narrative logic.

What's going to happen when Jon and Dany connect? Remember she wants to be queen of the 7 kingdoms and he wants to be king of the North. That defines him as a rebel in her terms.

If they are eventually going to "match", there has to be conflict first, probably violent. That also keeps up suspense about any final mathchup and alliances.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 05:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think Jon's union with Dany is definitely happening.

Er. . . Isn't she his aunt, a blood relation?
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 06:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: One of my favorite things from the books is the lessons she takes from Ceresi.. then the lessons she gets from Littlefinger   (who explains that ceresi is dethroning herself faster than he had planned lol)    But if she learned from those 2 Combined now with her harder nature.    She could be a very dangerous person to anyone in her way.

Hmmm... you don't think she would have the Karstark and the other kid who vowed as bannermen last night killed?

That would be very George R.R. Martin-ish, but would be nasty for Jon. 
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 08:30 PM)Dill Wrote: Er. . . Isn't she his aunt, a blood relation?

Didn't mean it that way, but they are Targaryens 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It started slow. I think the one thing I took from it is that it's just a matter of time before Jaimie kills Cersei.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 08:39 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Hmmm... you don't think she would have the Karstark and the other kid who vowed as bannermen last night killed?

That would be very George R.R. Martin-ish, but would be nasty for Jon. 

Not sure how it will go its in uncharted territories..  but  Littlefinger obviously did not want jon to be king in the north.   Littlefinger wanted to control the Eryie, North, Riverlands  (he basically already has 2 of the 3)   his plan to rescue the north from the boltons to create a union seems to be working just not as he expected.

So it will depend if sansa rolls with littlefinger or Jon  (who she was never very fond of earlier in the story)

I could see sansa making choices that lead to her death.         Leaving Jon and Arya the last 2 starks..   Maybe Bran but I personally don't expect him to survive at least in his current body for much longer.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 11:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not sure how it will go its in uncharted territories..  but  Littlefinger obviously did not want jon to be king in the north.   Littlefinger wanted to control the Eryie, North, Riverlands  (he basically already has 2 of the 3)   his plan to rescue the north from the boltons to create a union seems to be working just not as he expected.

So it will depend if sansa rolls with littlefinger or Jon  (who she was never very fond of earlier in the story)

I could see sansa making choices that lead to her death.         Leaving Jon and Arya the last 2 starks..   Maybe Bran but I personally don't expect him to survive at least in his current body for much longer.

He doesn't have the Riverlands right now. That was the Freys with Edmure captive, but now it seems like it's the Lannisters just trying to have a presence to prevent any uprisings. Given the war to come, I doubt that presence stays much longer.

One of the things that has bothered me is they don't really tell us what's going on with some of these places. What's up with the Storm Lords in the Stormlands? In the books they mostly back Tommen after Stannis was defeated at Blackwater (purely for survival), but in the show we don't know what's going on with this whole area that has men who can fight. Also, wouldn't Arya free her uncle? He clearly would want to rally his bannermen now that he is free and has his son (who should be with Roslin at the Twins). In the books they establish that Jaime sends Edmure and Roslin to Casterly Rock.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 12:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He doesn't have the Riverlands right now. That was the Freys with Edmure captive, but now it seems like it's the Lannisters just trying to have a presence to prevent any uprisings. Given the war to come, I doubt that presence stays much longer.

One of the things that has bothered me is they don't really tell us what's going on with some of these places. What's up with the Storm Lords in the Stormlands? In the books they mostly back Tommen after Stannis was defeated at Blackwater (purely for survival), but in the show we don't know what's going on with this whole area that has men who can fight. Also, wouldn't Arya free her uncle? He clearly would want to rally his bannermen now that he is free and has his son (who should be with Roslin at the Twins). In the books they establish that Jaime sends Edmure and Roslin to Casterly Rock.

Well Jon Connington\ (and the Lost Aegon Targaran) Had just landed with the Golden Company and were gathering support in the books.   The queen wanted Lord tyrell to deal with it but he refused because she had her daughter locked up but the high septon.     (a whole story arc they kinda left out)   

Yeah in the books Jaime is headed to the Twins to deal with that. but in the show Arya has already killed them(freys) (at the twins atleasT)...   and no mention of edmire. (also the book leaves it open that robb starks baby is still alive)

The Riverlands Littlefinger is  Lord Paramount of the Trident,  Lord of Harrenhal       Which means he technically has the riverlands(by title at least).. even more so that hes backing the starks and the north as the riverlands fought for rob.    So while in the books his plans were different (harry the heir)  in the show its gone a bit differently and jon is king in the north  which should help rally the riverlands to them again.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 01:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The Riverlands Littlefinger is  Lord Paramount of the Trident,  Lord of Harrenhal       Which means he technically has the riverlands(by title at least).. even more so that hes backing the starks and the north as the riverlands fought for rob.    So while in the books his plans were different (harry the heir)  in the show its gone a bit differently and jon is king in the north  which should help rally the riverlands to them again.

I thought the show basically said that the crown gave the Riverlands to the Freys and that Littlefinger lost his title (he did openly betray the crown when he gave Sansa to the Boltons and then again when he led the Vale to the aid of the Starks). 

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 11:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not sure how it will go its in uncharted territories..  but  Littlefinger obviously did not want jon to be king in the north.   Littlefinger wanted to control the Eryie, North, Riverlands  (he basically already has 2 of the 3)   his plan to rescue the north from the boltons to create a union seems to be working just not as he expected.

I suspect than Bran is going to become a tree or something. 

Maybe a raisin.

Raisin Bran. 
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 05:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I thought the show basically said that the crown gave the Riverlands to the Freys and that Littlefinger lost his title (he did openly betray the crown when he gave Sansa to the Boltons and then again when he led the Vale to the aid of the Starks). 

If ceresi knows of the vale attacking the boltons...   ceresi might have given that to the freys. But its not there in the books.  I know Tywin was just using the freys to end robb I think Jaime will be the one that takes care of them in the books although breinne showing up might change that.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Brienne, doesn't look like the big ginger barbarian is having much luck with her, eh.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 02:09 AM)samhain Wrote: It started slow.  I think the one thing I took from it is that it's just a matter of time before Jaimie kills Cersei.

Or maybe even betray her and goes off to join Dany & Tyrion? Very interesting to see what happens, but I am definitely assuming Jaime will be leaning on doing the just thing while she leans on doing the wrong being the evil **** she is. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 05:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If ceresi knows of the vale attacking the boltons...   ceresi might have given that to the freys. But its not there in the books.  I know Tywin was just using the freys to end robb I think Jaime will be the one that takes care of them in the books although breinne showing up might change that.

None of this is now truly in the books. This is just the Bienoff and Weiss fan faction lol!

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 06:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Or maybe even betray her and goes off to join Dany & Tyrion? Very interesting to see what happens, but I am definitely assuming Jaime will be leaning on doing the just thing while she leans on doing the wrong being the evil **** she is. 

I think she becomes the Night Queen and Jaime takes her down.

That or he kills her before she blows up the city. Full circle. 

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 05:59 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Speaking of Brienne, doesn't look like the big ginger barbarian is having much luck with her, eh.

Give it time. Drama requires problems to overcome.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 06:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Or maybe even betray her and goes off to join Dany & Tyrion? Very interesting to see what happens, but I am definitely assuming Jaime will be leaning on doing the just thing while she leans on doing the wrong being the evil **** she is. 

Will Dany welcome the guy who killed dad?
Reply/Quote
With the death of her last kid, Cersei has went full dark side now. She may even have Jaime killed (much to the chagrin of his fan club). I can see her ordering the Mountain to do it.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 09:33 PM)Dill Wrote: Will Dany welcome the guy who killed dad?

If he told her why he did she would.

Reply/Quote
Another observation:

Jaime seems pretty chill considering Cersei did pretty much what he killed the mad king for ordering. Not to mention another dead son.
Reply/Quote