Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 7 discussion (spoilers for any aired episode)
(07-24-2017, 05:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And he creepily went on about how much he loved his mother and sister.

Sick

He loved Catilyn  lol... But I think he will settle for sansa  lol
Reply/Quote
So, the opening moves have started. Nice trap by Jaime, to exit Casterly Rock and attack south while Euron takes out the other fleet.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
All caught up...

Dannys Army and allies aren't much of a ting anymore. Ceresi looking strong again.

Fire and Ice have met. and sound a like
Reply/Quote
Euron has turned into a pretty good character. They always need a despicable one besides Cersei. Joffrey, Ramsey, etc.
Reply/Quote
Dany has now lost the Ironborn fleet allied to her, the alliance of Dorne & House Tyrell, and her sullied army is now trapped on the other side of Westeros which was an idiotic military move to begin with. All she has left for possible allies is the North and the Vale. And I am betting Littlefinger doesn't want the Vale to help her out, as the North has it's eye towards the wall.

She only has one move left, which is to get to Westeros asap with the Dothraki.

Also I wonder what role will Jorah play? His tale is far from over. Maybe head north to find Greyworm, help them out?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 12:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Dany has now lost the Ironborn fleet allied to her, the alliance of Dorne & House Tyrell, and her sullied army is now trapped on the other side of Westeros which was an idiotic military move to begin with. All she has left for possible allies is the North and the Vale. And I am betting Littlefinger doesn't want the Vale to help her out, as the North has it's eye towards the wall.

She only has one move left, which is to get to Westeros asap with the Dothraki.  

Also I wonder what role will Jorah play? His tale is far from over. Maybe head north to find Greyworm, help them out?

She is gonna be the next Stannis...  go to the north and help man the walls lol.    she no longer can move her army with any great speed though.
Reply/Quote
My big prediction of the day: Jaime will try to turn on Cersei at some point and she will have him killed.

Also, was sort of sad to see the old Queen Tyrell go. Sort of liked her sharp tongue calling people out. Plus, she offed Joffrey. Major love points for that act! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 01:42 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: My big prediction of the day: Jaime will try to turn on Cersei at some point and she will have him killed.

Also, was sort of sad to see the old Queen Tyrell go. Sort of liked her sharp tongue calling people out. Plus, she offed Joffrey. Major love points for that act! ThumbsUp

Another Ancient house bits the dust.... and the rest are hanging on by threads.
Reply/Quote
The writing has been horrendous. D&D's love affair with Cersei has us all suspend belief in order for her to remain relevant.

First we're to believe that Euron can come and go as he pleases in Blackwater Bay despite Dany holding Dragontone. Anyone would advise her to establish scouts and patrols to prevent a fleet from reaching King's Landing. As soon as she hears they're near, she could take the dragons and destroy the fleet in an hour. After that, she can sail the seas unopposed.

[Image: 400px-Crownlands.png]

Then we're to believe the greatest allies to the Tyrells, the Tarly's, who fought against Robert and for the Targaryens, would betray the house they have sworn an oath of loyalty to for centuries because a man who everyone knows ***** his sister asks him to.

Apparently Yara is so inept at commanding a fleet that she sails on the perimeter despite the leader of Dorne traveling on her ship. She also apparently never has a scout ship. Somehow Euron finds her ship directly on the perimeter of the fleet at night in the fog...

Then of course his fleet catching them off guard at Casterly Rock, lol?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 03:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The writing has been horrendous. D&D's love affair with Cersei has us all suspend belief in order for her to remain relevant.

First we're to believe that Euron can come and go as he pleases in Blackwater Bay despite Dany holding Dragontone. Anyone would advise her to establish scouts and patrols to prevent a fleet from reaching King's Landing. As soon as she hears they're near, she could take the dragons and destroy the fleet in an hour. After that, she can sail the seas unopposed.

[Image: 400px-Crownlands.png]

Then we're to believe the greatest allies to the Tyrells, the Tarly's, who fought against Robert and for the Targaryens, would betray the house they have sworn an oath of loyalty to for centuries because a man who everyone knows ***** his sister asks him to.

Apparently Yara is so inept at commanding a fleet that she sails on the perimeter despite the leader of Dorne traveling on her ship. She also apparently never has a scout ship. Somehow Euron finds her ship directly on the perimeter of the fleet at night in the fog...

Then of course his fleet catching them off guard at Casterly Rock, lol?

Not sure how it plays in the books, but I had the impression in the show that Dany and crew were not aware that Euron had built a new fleet.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 03:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The writing has been horrendous. D&D's love affair with Cersei has us all suspend belief in order for her to remain relevant.

Not necessarily. Remember they had to throw in the dragon killing ballista bit. You know, because all these years the 3 Dragons, now fully grown, can now be shot down and killed because of a simple ballista. Its like, why even bother with the dragons if they now all of a sudden can easily be shot down. 

And then there is Euron. In the show he came on late in the series and not much backstory at all to him. Yet now of a sudden he has been a huge factor in taking on Dany's army. Its like we are finally where Dany is at Westeros, yet this new character who I have no attachment to by either liking or hating him, is now all of a sudden a major player. It doesnt make any sense to me. 

So yeah, I can agree with you overall. Plus as I said before, any one with a half of a military brain would never have split her forces the way they did to begin with. They would have made a beachhead on Westeros so the Dothraki can get their horses fed and watered, while sending out scouts all of the place to prepare for the next move. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Some takeaways:

Have to say that Tyrion, Littlefinger and Varys all got massive nerfs to their intelligence this season so far.

Speaking of Littlefinger, he's absolutely boned if there are copies of every raven to and from Winterfell.

Bran can see everything, decides to tell Sansa "yo I watched you get raped" instead of "Littlefinger is pretty much to blame for all the things."

But things are getting very consolidated now with the ending of the Tyrell and Dorne stories. We're really just left with Winterfell, King's Landing and Dragonstone. Will be interesting to see Dany's reaction to the constant defeats so far.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 10:32 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Not necessarily. Remember they had to throw in the dragon killing ballista bit. You know, because all these years the 3 Dragons, now fully grown, can now be shot down and killed because of a simple ballista. Its like, why even bother with the dragons if they now all of a sudden can easily be shot down. 

And then there is Euron. In the show he came on late in the series and not much backstory at all to him. Yet now of a sudden he has been a huge factor in taking on Dany's army. Its like we are finally where Dany is at Westeros, yet this new character who I have no attachment to by either liking or hating him, is now all of a sudden a major player. It doesnt make any sense to me. 

So yeah, I can agree with you overall. Plus as I said before, any one with a half of a military brain would never have split her forces the way they did to begin with. They would have made a beachhead on Westeros so the Dothraki can get their horses fed and watered, while sending out scouts all of the place to prepare for the next move. 

Euron gets a bit more story in the book than he has in the show and the books are far behind at this point...  He had heard of the dragon queen but in the books he was working hard to make her his queen.   (now the Theon/Sister Greyjoy)  kinda throw a wrench into that but if he has disposed of them I'm surprised he hasn't offered danny his fleet for her hand. Pretty sure that was his original plan to begin with.

As for the dragons being killed  they were killed back when the targs ruled the 7 kingdoms...  when dragons fought dragons  (house symbol and animal)  Of course they can be killed and riding 3 vs a fleet wouldn't work every time.

But nothing says the balistas are ready just that they are working on them.

** also there is still hope for Hound vs the mountain **
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 10:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: ** also there is still hope for Hound vs the mountain **

There is an absurd amount of reason to believe that Cleganebowl should happen.

And I know that the show plays fast and loose with travel times and all, but I don't know how they're going to plausibly send the Hound back to King's Landing or have Zombie Mountain head north.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 11:17 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: There is an absurd amount of reason to believe that Cleganebowl should happen.

And I know that the show plays fast and loose with travel times and all, but I don't know how they're going to plausibly send the Hound back to King's Landing or have Zombie Mountain head north.

A little of Both  Now Ceresi has all the kingdoms of the south underfoot.      Maybe they push north to take the north and she sends Zombie Mountain and The hound comes down from the wall...

I loved that jon snow fast traveled to dragonstone...

Oh Maybe its gonna be Stone Man vs mountain... Mormont.... is headed to danny (of course he could be the catalyst that conviences her to go to the wall)
Reply/Quote
Somewhere before the end Jorah will have one last fight in him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 11:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: A little of Both  Now Ceresi has all the kingdoms of the south underfoot.      Maybe they push north to take the north and she sends Zombie Mountain and The hound comes down from the wall...

I loved that jon snow fast traveled to dragonstone...

Oh Maybe its gonna be   Stone Man vs mountain...     Mormont....   is headed to danny  (of course he could be the catalyst that conviences her to go to the wall)

Spoiler alert I just read

Apparently the season finale takes place in King's Landing with 17 major characters present, two being the Cleganes. It will be interesting to see how the writers make that happen in 4 episodes. Especially since we know from the trailers there is a big battle at Eastwatch by the Sea.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 12:06 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Spoiler alert I just read

Apparently the season finale takes place in King's Landing with 17 major characters present, two being the Cleganes. It will be interesting to see how the writers make that happen in 4 episodes. Especially since we know from the trailers there is a big battle at Eastwatch by the Sea.

My Thought will be even with Dannys army and the north army together

Jon snow takes an embassary to Kings landing for more help...  
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 02:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: My Thought will be even with Dannys army and the north army together

Jon snow takes an embassary to Kings landing for more help...  

Still, that means that Jon is going to go from Dragonstone, to Winterfell, presumably to Eastwatch by the Sea, and then to King's Landing. All over a span of the 4 remaining episodes.

Shoot, maybe the last three, it sure looks like Jon is staying in Dragonstone next episode.

Fast travel indeed.

Unless the previews for this season were teasing us with battles from the final season.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 10:32 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Not necessarily. Remember they had to throw in the dragon killing ballista bit. You know, because all these years the 3 Dragons, now fully grown, can now be shot down and killed because of a simple ballista. Its like, why even bother with the dragons if they now all of a sudden can easily be shot down. 

The Ballista could, assuming it can pierce dragon scales, but it would have to be on the ship and Dany's crew doesn't even know it exists. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote