Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 7 discussion (spoilers for any aired episode)
(08-15-2017, 04:54 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I dunno how, but for there to be any real stakes in the fight against the night king at least one dragon, if not more has to go. It can't be as easy as getting everyone to play nice and roasting the army of the dead.

Maybe it won't be Cersei. It would set up the Night King or the White Walkers to be real badasses if they took down a dragon or two. But I don't know if Dany will fly north before next season. Maybe as some Dany ex machina when the Suicide Squad beyond the Wall gets in trouble, but that would feel lazy.

Then again, the writers are playing real fast and loose with travel times this season. No reason they can't do the same with Dany's character development. 

I think you are right. And I also except that either Dany or Jon won't make it to the end. "There can be only one!!!" LOL
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
[Image: Oifuhh6.jpg]

[Image: BRMkkVHNOjZ_mgJqaGf8mtB4QYL1u7rNLI_te0o3...f18ab6e4e7]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
not a funny meme, but the "arrowhead" mountain the Hound saw that they need to head too... the same place where the Children made the White Walkers

[Image: ZGDjoJUWHAgrtlTeIZNDOudErVi7fIVuIwKYIT6D...9ff5a5ed05]

Reply/Quote
[Image: hih3cqyf2tfz.png]

Reply/Quote
[Image: mihnzx1.png]

[Image: UhYR2TtQ2n8nSTgf7juP-a8YJA21ahAQNLDl9dAv...e2cd0c5592]

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 05:12 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I think you are right. And I also except that either Dany or Jon won't make it to the end. "There can be only one!!!" LOL

It would not surprise me if neither made it to the end to tell you the truth. I do believe that the four major houses (Targs, Starks, Baratheon, and Lannister) could very well all be eliminated by the end.

I could see the end having everyone dying to drive back the White Walkers and then a new generation of houses rebuild the world. 
Reply/Quote
HBO Spain aired the wrong episode and next week's ep should be onlne soon
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 11:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It would not surprise me if neither made it to the end to tell you the truth. I do believe that the four major houses (Targs, Starks, Baratheon, and Lannister) could very well all be eliminated by the end.

I could see the end having everyone dying to drive back the White Walkers and then a new generation of houses rebuild the world. 

Baratheon is already gone... Unless a king restores a bastard to the family name.  (edric Storm or Gendry) and since they omitted Edric Strom from HBO...  its possible.   Gendry and Jon Snows "dads" were friends at least as far as jon snow knowns...   

For the lannisters while there are only 2 of the main children left I think they have plenty of cousins to take over once they are all gone...  If the new King or Queen doesn't remove the family from power to place their own.

Starks...   They could all Die they are the front line of defense to the night kings army them and the north.      I could see bran being the only one left depending on how it goes. and if jon names himself a stark or a targ.

For the Targs.. Unless jon snow takes the Targ name and has a baby  the targs are pretty much already done (danny cant reproduce)...   Except the Blackfryes  could reclam their family name. Or potentially the throne if the golden company sees the crown is weak and cant pay them any longer....
Reply/Quote
Don't like this 'leaking episodes' business. I'm compelled to watch, but then I can't discuss with me pals who haven't seen yet (at least without pissing them off, anyway).

sigh....
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 10:15 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Don't like this 'leaking episodes' business. I'm compelled to watch, but then I can't discuss with me pals who haven't seen yet (at least without pissing them off, anyway).

sigh....

I was talking with a co-worker and we came to the conclusion that we like the wait between episodes, even in the binge heavy environment we live in now.

It's a series that merits a week's worth of digesting and thinking about what was said, who said it, and where the series might be going with it.

It made me think of House of Cards and how I lost all interest in the show after trying to binge it.

That's why I stay away from leaks. GoT is a series that deserves the time between episodes. Other series I'm much more nonchalant about.
Reply/Quote
I don't feel bad about these leaks because these have all been from HBO and their international stations so far. The hacking incident = 0 leaks
HBO International = 2 leaks.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 10:21 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I was talking with a co-worker and we came to the conclusion that we like the wait between episodes, even in the binge heavy environment we live in now.

It's a series that merits a week's worth of digesting and thinking about what was said, who said it, and where the series might be going with it.

It made me think of House of Cards and how I lost all interest in the show after trying to binge it.

That's why I stay away from leaks. GoT is a series that deserves the time between episodes. Other series I'm much more nonchalant about.

(08-17-2017, 10:36 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I don't feel bad about these leaks because these have all been from HBO and their international stations so far. The hacking incident = 0 leaks
HBO International = 2 leaks.

The video and sound quality of this recent leaked episode was pretty bad. It looked like the guy was filming it on a cell phone. You could hear him coughing in the background.

Your definitely better served waiting for the aired episode this week.
Reply/Quote
OK...episode 6 was badass. But I want to know 1 thing. If white walkers and wights can't swim and die when they fall in water, how did they get the chains on the dragon to pull it out of the water after it had sunk?
Reply/Quote
Where does this episode rank in the company of other penultimate episodes though? I liked the episode, but can't help but feel like the stakes weren't as high as Blackwater or Battle of the Bastards, much less the Red Wedding or Ned's execution.

Maybe it's that a lot of the characters have plot armor still, but to be a truly great penultimate someone bigger than Thoros had to go. While it's true that the dragons have been around for almost the entire show, I personally feel more invested in Tormund/Jorah level characters. I really though Tormund was done, and that would have been devastating. Or Jorah sacrificing himself to save Dany or something.

I guess another reason that the show had to pick up speed it because the next big deaths are of major characters, and those have to come towards the very end.

I think that there will be a major death in the finale. 82 minute runtime means somewhere around 75 minutes of show. There are films around that length.

Predictions?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 12:06 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Where does this episode rank in the company of other penultimate episodes though? I liked the episode, but can't help but feel like the stakes weren't as high as Blackwater or Battle of the Bastards, much less the Red Wedding or Ned's execution.

Maybe it's that a lot of the characters have plot armor still, but to be a truly great penultimate someone bigger than Thoros had to go. While it's true that the dragons have been around for almost the entire show, I personally feel more invested in Tormund/Jorah level characters. I really though Tormund was done, and that would have been devastating. Or Jorah sacrificing himself to save Dany or something.

I guess another reason that the show had to pick up speed it because the next big deaths are of major characters, and those have to come towards the very end.

I think that there will be a major death in the finale. 82 minute runtime means somewhere around 75 minutes of show. There are films around that length.

Predictions?

Baelish.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 11:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: OK...episode 6 was badass. But I want to know 1 thing. If white walkers and wights can't swim and die when they fall in water, how did they get the chains on the dragon to pull it out of the water after it had sunk?

It's like an article I read: "Where'd the White Walkers get hundreds of feet of heavy chains?  Home Depot?" And why on Earth would they not wheel around with the 2 dragons and set the Night King on fire? He was right there and he can't kill them both at once. Kinda silly really.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 11:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: OK...episode 6 was badass. But I want to know 1 thing. If white walkers and wights can't swim and die when they fall in water, how did they get the chains on the dragon to pull it out of the water after it had sunk?

And how fast can a raven fly anyway?.... ("African, or European?")

Gendry is a champion marathon runner. And, apparently, dragons can really book!

And how many times can Jon get his ass pulled out of the fire? And if Jon's uncle can wipe out hundreds of wights with his burning flail (which was pretty cool, IMO), why hasn't he wiped out the entire wight army by now? It's only been like 7 seasons. Instead, he just gives Jon his horse and chooses "death by zombie"? Srsly?!?!? The horse can't carry two people (or one person and a 'thing') and still outrun the wights?

And don't get me started on the whole ignorance of the "Winter Road Trip" to begin with!
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 01:35 AM)samhain Wrote: It's like an article I read: "Where'd the White Walkers get hundreds of feet of heavy chains?  Home Depot?"  And why on Earth would they not wheel around with the 2 dragons and set the Night King on fire?  He was right there and he can't kill them both at once.  Kinda silly really.

Well she wasn't exactly controlling the other 2 dragons.  she was riding one the only one shes controlling.    She doesn't know killing the Night king will kill all the Wreights either.

Terrible loss for her though.

As far as the Chains go...  They came out of the same plot hole that ghost is hiding in.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 12:06 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Where does this episode rank in the company of other penultimate episodes though? I liked the episode, but can't help but feel like the stakes weren't as high as Blackwater or Battle of the Bastards, much less the Red Wedding or Ned's execution.

Predictions?

more than 1 goes next episode I would think...  they are all going to kings landing after all...  (Cleagane bowl)
Reply/Quote