Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 7 discussion (spoilers for any aired episode)
(08-21-2017, 10:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well she wasn't exactly controlling the other 2 dragons.  she was riding one the only one shes controlling.    She doesn't know killing the Night king will kill all the Wreights either.

Terrible loss for her though.

As far as the Chains go...  They came out of the same plot hole that ghost is hiding in.

The chains are probably the ones the giants used on mammoths and to attack the wall in szn 4. 
Reply/Quote
One of the problems of this season with an accelerated pace to finish the show, is there will be more plotholes than before. By shortening the season down, they dont have the time to explain where the walkers got the chains, or more on Benjen who was a season 1 character for a bit.

Or where was Bran this episode??? He should have known Jon was heading north beyond the wall. Why not keep an eye on him? Then saw when they were in trouble could have had a raven sent to Dany immediately. Would have made more sense than having whats his face run all the way back and send a raven.

But ultimately this episode was very important. For the first time, Dany feels real vulnerability, and knows the true enemy is north of the wall. She has also realized that Jon is a true ally of hers, and he verbally took the knee to her as well.

The Night King now has a dragon to go with a giant and his army. Not to mention he has the ability to single handily take down the other two dragons. At first I thought the dragons would be the difference maker in destroying them. Now, everything is changed.

A side note, two dragons remain. Drogon which is Dany's main one named after Drogo. The other one is Rhaegal , named after her brother Rhaegar, who was killed by Robert Baratheon. Rhaegar has all been but confirmed to be Jon's real father, as his mother is Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister who made Ned promise something that Bran saw.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One word...

It'sinthescript.

Thanks Dad. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 01:08 PM)Millhouse Wrote: One of the problems of this season with an accelerated pace to finish the show, is there will be more plotholes than before. By shortening the season down, they dont have the time to explain where the walkers got the chains, or more on Benjen who was a season 1 character for a bit.

Or where was Bran this episode??? He should have known Jon was heading north beyond the wall. Why not keep an eye on him? Then saw when they were in trouble could have had a raven sent to Dany immediately. Would have made more sense than having whats his face run all the way back and send a raven.

But ultimately this episode was very important. For the first time, Dany feels real vulnerability, and knows the true enemy is north of the wall. She has also realized that Jon is a true ally of hers, and he verbally took the knee to her as well.

The Night King now has a dragon to go with a giant and his army. Not to mention he has the ability to single handily take down the other two dragons. At first I thought the dragons would be the difference maker in destroying them. Now, everything is changed.

A side note, two dragons remain. Drogon which is Dany's main one named after Drogo. The other one is Rhaegal , named after her brother Rhaegar, who was killed by Robert Baratheon. Rhaegar has all been but confirmed to be Jon's real father, as his mother is Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister who made Ned promise something that Bran saw.

Tyrions hopes of flying a dragon just went down hill...

The Red Priest was a hard loss.  but their might be an army of them coming soon as well.  (next season)
Reply/Quote
My "I'm being an annoying nitpicker" observations:

How the hell does Jon know "Dany" is/was a nickname for her?

How the hell is Brienne going to make it to King's Landing at the same time as Jon and co?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 02:15 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My "I'm being an annoying nitpicker" observations:

How the hell is Brienne going to make it to King's Landing at the same time as Jon and couldn't?

Brienne most likely left around the same time the excursion north of the wall began.

So see could make it  also shes been there before so fast travel is possible lol
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 02:15 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My "I'm being an annoying nitpicker" observations:

How the hell is Brienne going to make it to King's Landing at the same time as Jon and co?

Because Dany is a pretty common shortening of names beginning with "Dan" 
Reply/Quote

As the crow flies, it is about 1500 miles from Winterfell to King's Landing. The wall itself is 300 miles wide, roughly, as GRRM has stated himself. So by using that as a scale, and the canon maps provided in the books, one can get a sense of size of Westeros, which is huge actually.

But because this is a tv show, I dont think they really got into maps and distances like one can in the books as it makes it a lot easier to write these later episodes by dumbing down the distances involved from the books.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 05:13 PM)Millhouse Wrote: As the crow flies, it is about 1500 miles from Winterfell to King's Landing. The wall itself is 300 miles wide, roughly, as GRRM has stated himself. So by using that as a scale, and the canon maps provided in the books, one can get a sense of size of Westeros, which is huge actually.

But because this is a tv show, I dont think they really got into maps and distances like one can in the books as it makes it a lot easier to write these later episodes by dumbing down the distances involved from the books.

There is also the "game" aspect which the TV version seems to favor, where is it more like a game of Risk or Axis and Allies.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 01:08 PM)Millhouse Wrote: One of the problems of this season with an accelerated pace to finish the show, is there will be more plotholes than before. By shortening the season down, they dont have the time to explain where the walkers got the chains, or more on Benjen who was a season 1 character for a bit.

The writers officially confirmed Rhaegar is his dad minutes after last season's finale ended. They didn't want any ambiguity about that.

The only response I have to pacing is I have to believe scenes in different locations happen at different times. Brienne is being sent South at the same time as Jons scenes from the previous episode.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 12:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The writers officially confirmed Rhaegar is his dad minutes after last season's finale ended. They didn't want any ambiguity about that.

The only response I have to pacing is I have to believe scenes in different locations happen at different times. Brienne is being sent South at the same time as Jons scenes from the previous episode.

I believe they have said that's the case but I don't know if it's official. 

They should have embraced some tactic like DUNKIRK did. 
Reply/Quote
I also think Arya is playing Baelish. We already know she has heightened senses from her training when she was blind. You cant tell me she didnt sense (hearing or smell) Baelish hiding there. And why wouldn't she sneak into his room disguised as a servant? She wanted him to see her. Plus she was very public with her confrontation of Sansa. But what tipped me off is when she mad those threats to Sansa while holding the dagger, then gave it to Sansa and walked away. I think she was trying to signal Sansa that she really wouldnt harm her.

But going along with the theme of plot holes, the sisters Stark have an oracle in Bran who they could consult to see what's up. Why havent they?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 06:01 PM)Beaker Wrote: I also think Arya is playing Baelish. We already know she has heightened senses from her training when she was blind. You cant tell me she didnt sense (hearing or smell) Baelish hiding there. And why wouldn't she sneak into his room disguised as a servant? She wanted him to see her. Plus she was very public with her confrontation of Sansa. But what tipped me off is when she mad those threats to Sansa while holding the dagger, then gave it to Sansa and walked away. I think she was trying to signal Sansa that she really wouldnt harm her.

But going along with the theme of plot holes, the sisters Stark have an oracle in Bran who they could consult to see what's up. Why havent they?

Bran is my biggest need from this season as well. He probably should have gotten to Winterfell around episode 6 or 7. Because like you said, Bran could pretty much resolve any and all drama around Winterfell.

But at the same time the writers probably didn't want to spend a lot of time on him in episodes that are usually more action packed (penultimate/last episode)

The writing of the show has taken a hit ever since they surpassed the books, but it's still great. I'm looking forward to seeing what turns out between the sisters. I think there is more going on there like you said.
Reply/Quote
Could Melisandre be the counter of the Night King?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 03:05 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Could Melisandre be the counter of the Night King?

In thinking Bran is Neo to Night King's Agent Smith.

Some crazy theories floating around about those two.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 06:01 PM)Beaker Wrote: I also think Arya is playing Baelish. We already know she has heightened senses from her training when she was blind. You cant tell me she didnt sense (hearing or smell) Baelish hiding there. And why wouldn't she sneak into his room disguised as a servant? She wanted him to see her. Plus she was very public with her confrontation of Sansa. But what tipped me off is when she mad those threats to Sansa while holding the dagger, then gave it to Sansa and walked away. I think she was trying to signal Sansa that she really wouldnt harm her.

Bran can't just take it off the shelf yet. His powers are underdeveloped, so he can't just rewind or fast fast forward to 22:56 if someone asks.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 03:29 PM)Dill Wrote: Bran can't just take it off the shelf yet. His powers are underdeveloped, so he can't just rewind or fast fast forward to 22:56 if someone asks.

Jon: "Yeah. Hey, Bran. Could you just rewind that thing back to the whole part about Rhaegar. Thanks, chap! There's a good lad!"
Reply/Quote

Bran is weird.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 10:09 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bran is weird.  

Yup.

Weird little brother syndrome.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 03:05 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Could Melisandre be the counter of the Night King?

(08-24-2017, 03:24 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: In thinking Bran is Neo to Night King's Agent Smith.

Some crazy theories floating around about those two.

Bran is an important tool, but Azor Ahai is the counter to the Night King. That's either Jon or Dany.

Melisandre is just a servant of the Lord of Light to guide Azor Ahai to their destiny. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote