Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 7 discussion (spoilers for any aired episode)
(07-19-2017, 01:30 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Another observation:

Jaime seems pretty chill considering Cersei did pretty much what he killed the mad king for ordering. Not to mention another dead son.

Plus she is blaming the son for "deserting" her.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is from someone who just watches the show, but doesn't always know what's going on exactly. Is everyone else playing for 2nd place, because one of them has three dragons and 100,000 highly dedicated soldiers.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 10:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: This is from someone who just watches the show, but doesn't always know what's going on exactly.  Is everyone else playing for 2nd place, because one of them has three dragons and 100,000 highly dedicated soldiers.

Nah they all playing for first place.. But they should be playing to survive the night king.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 10:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: This is from someone who just watches the show, but doesn't always know what's going on exactly.  Is everyone else playing for 2nd place, because one of them has three dragons and 100,000 highly dedicated soldiers.

But how long can she hold them when she doesn't let them rape and pillage? The Dothraki are about 100k, but let's just assume it's 50% able bodied men. That's 50k. She HAD 8k unsullied, but that was before taking Mereen, dealing with the Sons of the Harpy, and then dealing with the Masters. Let's say she's got 7k now.So Dany is still looking strong with 57k fighters and three dragons.

Her ancestors just used Dragons and less than 2k people. They first had support from those around Dragonstone/Future Kings Landing and then got more support when their dragons burned holds down. First they burned down Harrenhall, where Harren Hoard (leader of the Iron Islands and Riverlands) lived. They made the Tullys the new lords of the Riverlands. Then they defeated the Storm Lords in the Stormlands, and Baratheon, the bastard brother of Aegon, married the Storm King's daughter and took the Storm Lands. The Lannisters and Gardeners (who ruled the Reach) got an army of 50k together but dragons burned 30% of it. The Lannisters knelt and the Gardeners died. Aegon put the Tyrells in charge of the Reach. The North bent the knee, even though they had twice as many men as the new Aegon forces combined. The Arryns assumed they were safe behind the bloody gate, so Aegon flew a dragon and landed. The Vale submitted. 

So that in context, if Dany chooses to burn people, she will easily win. IDK if she will though. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 11:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: But how long can she hold them when she doesn't let them rape and pillage? The Dothraki are about 100k, but let's just assume it's 50% able bodied men. That's 50k. She HAD 8k unsullied, but that was before taking Mereen, dealing with the Sons of the Harpy, and then dealing with the Masters. Let's say she's got 7k now.So Dany is still looking strong with 57k fighters and three dragons.

Her ancestors just used Dragons and less than 2k people. They first had support from those around Dragonstone/Future Kings Landing and then got more support when their dragons burned holds down. First they burned down Harrenhall, where Harren Hoard (leader of the Iron Islands and Riverlands) lived. They made the Tullys the new lords of the Riverlands. Then they defeated the Storm Lords in the Stormlands, and Baratheon, the bastard brother of Aegon, married the Storm King's daughter and took the Storm Lands. The Lannisters and Gardeners (who ruled the Reach) got an army of 50k together but dragons burned 30% of it. The Lannisters knelt and the Gardeners died. Aegon put the Tyrells in charge of the Reach. The North bent the knee, even though they had twice as many men as the new Aegon forces combined. The Arryns assumed they were safe behind the bloody gate, so Aegon flew a dragon and landed. The Vale submitted. 

So that in context, if Dany chooses to burn people, she will easily win. IDK if she will though. 

This is assuming Danny keeps control of her dragons... Euron crow's eye, (King of the Iron Islands)  has a special Horn or gift that is believed to control the dragons.     

Even if he can only gain control of 1 at a time that could greatly reduce dannys numbers of her army if they don't just die of the cold they will die by dragon...  Will danny have the other 2 dragons kill the one she loses control of?   

Remember this story is not gonna end with Danny on the throne.   If it does it will be the most disappointing end imaginable.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 01:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: This is assuming Danny keeps control of her dragons... Euron crow's eye, (King of the Iron Islands)  has a special Horn or gift that is believed to control the dragons.     

Even if he can only gain control of 1 at a time that could greatly reduce dannys numbers of her army if they don't just die of the cold they will die by dragon...  Will danny have the other 2 dragons kill the one she loses control of?   

Remember this story is not gonna end with Danny on the throne.   If it does it will be the most disappointing end imaginable.

I don't think they're going to introduce that. I think his gift will involve a battle or something. 

I don't think she takes the throne either. It's all about killing White Walkers. Bran and Dany both saw the Red Keep covered in snow. My belief is that the White Walkers do make it that far south and it's just about killing them. 

Dany may play Nissa Nissa to Jon's Azor Ahai.

Reply/Quote
you *****....North is to the West!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 10:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think they're going to introduce that. I think his gift will involve a battle or something. 

I don't think she takes the throne either. It's all about killing White Walkers. Bran and Dany both saw the Red Keep covered in snow. My belief is that the White Walkers do make it that far south and it's just about killing them. 

it wouldn't surprise me if it ends with say someone like Jon on the throne (if there is a throne left at that point)   but no one really left alive to rule.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 12:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: it wouldn't surprise me if it ends with say someone like Jon on the throne (if there is a throne left at that point)   but no one really left alive to rule.

could truly be 7 kingdoms again

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 02:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: could truly be 7 kingdoms again

Yeah but that doesn't fit dannys goal in her mind the whole place is hers.  for it to go back to 7 or more kingdoms she would have to give up that vision one way or the other.

I could see 2 kingdoms with the North claiming eyrie and the riverlands.     and then the rest to whoevers left. (dorne maybe)
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 10:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think they're going to introduce that. I think his gift will involve a battle or something. 

Quick question about the gift...

He said "priceless gift". What is more priceless to Cersei than Tyrion?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 10:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Quick question about the gift...

Danny's smashed fleet maybe.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 10:12 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Danny's smashed fleet maybe.

Actually, it appears to be the woman who killed her daughter. 

Much easier gift to acquire than Tyrion anyway. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Oh, Little Theon.

You know, that whole balls equals courage thing doesn't really mean actual balls. Just because you don't have them anymore doesn't mean you can't show a little courage. Wink

One of these days, that boy is gonna open a whole can of repressed butthurt PTSD whoop ass on someone.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 10:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Quick question about the gift...

the sandsnakes who killed her daughter

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 06:44 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Oh, Little Theon.

You know, that whole balls equals courage thing doesn't really mean actual balls. Just because you don't have them anymore doesn't mean you can't show a little courage.  Wink

One of these days, that boy is gonna open a whole can of repressed butthurt PTSD whoop ass on someone.

I don't know if you read the books but he does have a redeeming moment  (that's kinda already past in the show.)  

So far in the books The boltons are in winterfell and from the lannisters in kings landing they received sansa handmaid (jeyne pool )from winterfell Who they are pretending is a young Arya.

This fake arya is who the bastard of Bolton is suppose to marry.      While they are in winterfell Theon finds himself (instead of reek)  and helps the fake arya escape and tries to get her to Jon.  when hes captured by stannis outside the castle.
Reply/Quote
I dont get Jon's anger at Littlefinger, unless he knew that Ned got betrayed by him way early on? But if not, Jon would be dead if it wasnt for Lfinger. I dont know, that just seemed odd to me, as well as that being the first time they spoke to each other after the battle.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 05:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I dont get Jon's anger at Littlefinger, unless he knew that Ned got betrayed by him way early on? But if not, Jon would be dead if it wasnt for Lfinger. I dont know, that just seemed odd to me, as well as that being the first time they spoke to each other after the battle.

He gave Sansa to the Boltons, he conspired with the Lannisters for a long time, and he's in the Stark family vault (Jon warned him once to leave). I can see why Jon doesn't trust him one bit. Yea, he knows he would have lost without him, but that won't keep him from despising the man. 

If only he knew how much he truly should hate him.

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 05:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I dont get Jon's anger at Littlefinger, unless he knew that Ned got betrayed by him way early on? But if not, Jon would be dead if it wasnt for Lfinger. I dont know, that just seemed odd to me, as well as that being the first time they spoke to each other after the battle.

Really Littlefinger tried to help Eddard in the red Keep....  he gave ned sound advice several times on ways to keep his head. and get out of town before it was to late with renly.

But Eddard doesn't listen to anything but his "honor" and it got him killed.    cant blame littlefinger at all for that one.

He worked for the crown before the lannisters took it over he was master of coin for Robert. and just stayed in that position after Robert died.

Littlefinger has done a lot to help the starks.  even if for his own gains.      While the sansa to the boltons helped set up his rescue of her later.    The bastard of Bolton (ramsey) how sick he was wasn't really known to many I don't think.   I can gaurentee that Ned Stark didn't even know they were still flaying people or he might have ended their line before this all started.

I wont say hes a good guy... but he and varys are the only 2 playing chess  while the rest are playing checkers.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 05:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He gave Sansa to the Boltons, he conspired with the Lannisters for a long time, and he's in the Stark family vault (Jon warned him once to leave). I can see why Jon doesn't trust him one bit. Yea, he knows he would have lost without him, but that won't keep him from despising the man. 

If only he knew how much he truly should hate him.

And he creepily went on about how much he loved his mother and sister.

Sick

Reply/Quote