Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 7 discussion (spoilers for any aired episode)
Why didn't the Night King hit Drogon? He was closer, larger, grounded, and all of the people were getting on him.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 12:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why didn't the Night King hit Drogon? He was closer, larger, grounded, and all of the people were getting on him.

Cause Viserys was a little ***** when he was alive.

Or because D&D don't have Martin's books to use as a crutch anymore. This season has ticked me off even further that Martin is delaying the books so much.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 12:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why didn't the Night King hit Drogon? He was closer, larger, grounded, and all of the people were getting on him.

Cause he had to show off his arm  lol...   he was a gold medalist in the javelin...  but Gentry took the long distance running medal home. He Did take a Shot at Drogo... Viserys was still flying around burning his troops though so posed a bigger threat at the moment.

They are really really messing with the story to get the most reaction possible.   Books and the Show will End at 2 very different points I feel.   Heck they started separating ways shortly after episode 3 or 4 in season 1 lol
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 12:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Bran is an important tool, but Azor Ahai is the counter to the Night King. That's either Jon or Dany.

Melisandre is just a servant of the Lord of Light to guide Azor Ahai to their destiny. 

Ah!

I suspect that one of the two (Dany or Jon) will die in the end. JRRM has said that the ending will be bittersweet. Plus, with the way the "Fire Magic" has tended to work in the show (which they will apparently need to counteract the Night King's "Cold Magic") has always required a blood sacrifice.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Season finale has come.

Well, at first I was like this is just going to be a pretty lame episode to set up season 8. But then like any good show it built up towards the end with good dialogue and acting, not a special effects orgy of a big battle.

I thought it was pretty great overall. Got back to it's roots in some ways as this season has seemed to move away from that. Before anything, RIP Littlefinger. You had a good run causing chaos, but ran into the 3 remaining Stark siblings that ended up blindsiding you in a team effort. Hated to see him die, but loved the way it happened.

Things of big note.
R+L is now officially confirmed. And we saw what Rhaegar looked like finally.
Jon and Dany hooked up, and she might get pregnant by Jon. Seemed to hint at that somewhat.
Jon is the true heir to the Iron Throne, not Dany. Thanks Sam! And such a fast trip he made. Nevermind that tho.
Tyrion was in form that episode. Liked the reunion between him and Pod and Bron too.
Thought for sure Jaime was going to get it.
Cersei naturally lied, and now the golden mercenaries will be on their way waiting for the leftovers of the battle up north.
Wight Dragon with blue fire. But I wonder what the NKing wouldve done if he didn't have it?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Jaime has always been my favorite character of the series. Good to see him joining the good guys.
Reply/Quote
The Hound... staring his undead brother in the eye face-to-face.... yeah, baby! It's on!!!

Arya, Sansa and Bran... tag team on Littlefinger. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, eh. "The pack survives."

It's okay Jon/Aegon. Targs have a long history of incest.

Wall? What, 'wall'?

Oh... and a special shout out to Reek. For once, having no gonads came in handy!
Reply/Quote
So after being constantly attended by the re-animated "Mountain" for several seasons now, suddenly Cersei is afraid of undead?

[Image: 21032451_1616591198399356_75068080661521...e=5A2B0BEF]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 11:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Season finale has come.

But I wonder what the NKing wouldve done if he didn't have it?

This is the biggest plot hole. What was his game plan without it?

Season 8 predictions:

Theon and co. attack Euron's fleet, save Yara and take over enough ships to successfully destroy his fleet, ending the Golden Company. There's only 6 episodes and adding to Cersei's army only complicates the final showdown and their ability to settle it in 6 episodes. 

Cersei turns. You need to have it come down to 2 sides, and it doesn't make sure for it to be Jon beats the Night King and THEN the Lannisters. Whether this means they retreat from the North and the army of the dead reaches Kings Landing or the Night King goes on an Ice Dragon rampage, with Dany on Drogon following him. I still say she's the Night Queen and Jaime kills her.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 11:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Season finale has come.

Well, at first I was like this is just going to be a pretty lame episode to set up season 8. But then like any good show it built up towards the end with good dialogue and acting, not a special effects orgy of a big battle.

I thought it was pretty great overall. Got back to it's roots in some ways as this season has seemed to move away from that. Before anything, RIP Littlefinger. You had a good run causing chaos, but ran into the 3 remaining Stark siblings that ended up blindsiding you in a team effort. Hated to see him die, but loved the way it happened.

Things of big note.
R+L is now officially confirmed. And we saw what Rhaegar looked like finally.
Jon and Dany hooked up, and she might get pregnant by Jon. Seemed to hint at that somewhat.
Jon is the true heir to the Iron Throne, not Dany. Thanks Sam! And such a fast trip he made. Nevermind that tho.
Tyrion was in form that episode. Liked the reunion between him and Pod and Bron too.
Thought for sure Jaime was going to get it.
Cersei naturally lied, and now the golden mercenaries will be on their way waiting for the leftovers of the battle up north.
Wight Dragon with blue fire. But I wonder what the NKing wouldve done if he didn't have it?

Fun episode..

So Rhaegar had 2 sons named Aegon....    Cause the mountain "smashed" the baby aegon's face   Ellia's baby

in the books Elia's  Aegon (or impostor)  has landed in kings landing...    will be very interesting if those 2 ever meet.

What if the Iron Bank isn't hiring the golden company to Help Ceresi... but rather to enforce their claim?  remember he said it depended on if they got that payment for the previous debt first

Iron bank takes the Iron Throne lol
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: What if the Iron Bank isn't hiring the golden company to Help Ceresi... but rather to enforce their claim?  remember he said it depended on if they got that payment for the previous debt first

Image of the Night King taking out money from a frozen ATM. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Fun episode..

So Rhaegar had 2 sons named Aegon....    Cause the mountain "smashed" the baby aegon's face   Ellia's baby

in the books Elia's  Aegon (or impostor)  has landed in kings landing...    will be very interesting if those 2 ever meet.

What if the Iron Bank isn't hiring the golden company to Help Ceresi... but rather to enforce their claim?  remember he said it depended on if they got that payment for the previous debt first

Well he died before that Aegon died and he would have told her to name him Aegon well before that. One thing I read is that Rhaeger was positive his son was the Prince that was Promised and he must be named Aegon. He assumes Jon/Aegon will be it as he is ice and fire (Stark and Targ) so he also names him Aegon. 

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 11:15 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Well he died before that Aegon died and he would have told her to name him Aegon well before that. One thing I read is that Rhaeger was positive his son was the Prince that was Promised and he must be named Aegon. He assumes Jon/Aegon will be it as he is ice and fire (Stark and Targ) so he also names him Aegon. 

Yeah that makes sense...  Makes me wonder if the other Aegon from the books    (elia's Child)  if he is who he says he is  then   things get interesting  (unless hes put down before jon and danny learn of jon's parents.)
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:06 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is the biggest plot hole. What was his game plan without it?

Season 8 predictions:

Theon and co. attack Euron's fleet, save Yara and take over enough ships to successfully destroy his fleet, ending the Golden Company. There's only 6 episodes and adding to Cersei's army only complicates the final showdown and their ability to settle it in 6 episodes. 

Cersei turns. You need to have it come down to 2 sides, and it doesn't make sure for it to be Jon beats the Night King and THEN the Lannisters. Whether this means they retreat from the North and the army of the dead reaches Kings Landing or the Night King goes on an Ice Dragon rampage, with Dany on Drogon following him. I still say she's the Night Queen and Jaime kills her.

Isn't the theory the Night King has greensight as well as Bran and was waiting for the dragons? 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 03:15 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: So after being constantly attended by the re-animated "Mountain" for several seasons now, suddenly Cersei is afraid of undead?

I don't think she was really afraid of the single one. 
I think she's afraid of the uncontrollable army of them that could hurt her child. 

She has full control of the Mountain 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 01:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I don't think she was really afraid of the single one. 
I think she's afraid of the uncontrollable army of them that could hurt her child. 

Maybe. But that brings up another point: How come the Mountain didn't step in there? If I'm Cersei (and I do have the bosoms for it), then I would be questioning the dudes' worth as a personal defender, right?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 02:11 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Maybe. But that brings up another point: How come the Mountain didn't step in there? If I'm Cersei (and I do have the bosoms for it), then I would be questioning the dudes' worth as a personal defender, right?

He does step up with Jaime but doesn't attack. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 02:11 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Maybe. But that brings up another point: How come the Mountain didn't step in there? If I'm Cersei (and I do have the bosoms for it), then I would be questioning the dudes' worth as a personal defender, right?

Mountains don't move that fast lol
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 01:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I don't think she was really afraid of the single one. 

She's not pregnant, she's pretending to be pregnant to manipulate Jamie, and Tyrion for that matter.  Once Jamie finds that out he's going to strangle her to death.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 11:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: She's not pregnant, she's pretending to be pregnant to manipulate Jamie, and Tyrion for that matter.  Once Jamie finds that out he's going to strangle her to death.

I dont think she knows she isn't. I think she's convinced herself she is. 
Reply/Quote