Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 7 discussion (spoilers for any aired episode)
(08-28-2017, 01:04 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Isn't the theory the Night King has greensight as well as Bran and was waiting for the dragons? 

I haven't heard that one, but he obviously has some magic that allows him to see people as they are using the sight in his presence. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm sure I'll catch shit for this, but I'm going to ask anyway. How is Jon the true heir to the throne? Wouldn't it be Dany since she is his aunt, or is it only guys that can claim the throne?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 11:16 AM)sloSTI Wrote: I'm sure I'll catch shit for this, but I'm going to ask anyway. How is Jon the true heir to the throne? Wouldn't it be Dany since she is his aunt, or is it only guys that can claim the throne?

It goes males first with first borns being the heirs. So after Grandpa Mad King Aerys died, Rhaegar would have been the true heir. He died before that so Rhaegar's son Aegon would have been. He died so Aerys' second born Viserys would have been. Once Jon was born, he technically became the heir. 

Jon is now the last living male. If he died, then Dany becomes queen, but only because there's no males. There's never been a queen before Cersei. 

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 11:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It goes males first with first borns being the heirs. So after Grandpa Mad King Aerys died, Rhaegar would have been the true heir. He died before that so Rhaegar's son Aegon would have been. He died so Aerys' second born Viserys would have been. Once Jon was born, he technically became the heir. 

Jon is now the last living male. If he died, then Dany becomes queen, but only because there's no males. There's never been a queen before Cersei. 

Ok, thanx, that makes sense. I never read the books, I'm just a casual fan. I'm curious how she will take the news of who he is now. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 11:39 AM)sloSTI Wrote: Ok, thanx, that makes sense. I never read the books, I'm just a casual fan. I'm curious how she will take the news of who he is now. 

I don't think he'll want the throne, but I think their marriage is a given regardless of the news. It's nothing new for her family. 

Reply/Quote
I wonder how the prophecies & Jon will come into play. Will he be the only one capable of destroying the NK? Or maybe somehow withstand the blue dragon fire?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 11:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think he'll want the throne, but I think their marriage is a given regardless of the news. It's nothing new for her family. 

I think that's the bittersweet ending GRRM is talking about. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 12:24 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I wonder how the prophecies & Jon will come into play. Will he be the only one capable of destroying the NK? Or maybe somehow withstand the blue dragon fire?

The prince that was promised.

Azor Ahai

Hes is all those things...   And I believe only a Stark can kill or Defeat the Night king  (who is also a stark)    

Starks have been around for 8,000+ years sense the last war of the dawn (the long night)     They made peace with the children of the forest build the wall and never conquered by the andals

There also the Old story of the Night King  (not the blue guy) who was the 13th lord commander of the nights watch  who slept with a woman from above the wall with icy blue eyes.  (he was also a stark)

So starks could have some  White Walker DNA in their blood.... which could potentially protect them  Notice BenJen still running around out there..       They definitely have some Childrens blood in their dna with their WARGing ability  (and BRAN) 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 11:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Season finale has come.

Well, at first I was like this is just going to be a pretty lame episode to set up season 8. But then like any good show it built up towards the end with good dialogue and acting, not a special effects orgy of a big battle.

I thought it was pretty great overall. Got back to it's roots in some ways as this season has seemed to move away from that. Before anything, RIP Littlefinger. You had a good run causing chaos, but ran into the 3 remaining Stark siblings that ended up blindsiding you in a team effort. Hated to see him die, but loved the way it happened.

Things of big note.
R+L is now officially confirmed. And we saw what Rhaegar looked like finally.
Jon and Dany hooked up, and she might get pregnant by Jon. Seemed to hint at that somewhat.
Jon is the true heir to the Iron Throne, not Dany. Thanks Sam! And such a fast trip he made. Nevermind that tho.
Tyrion was in form that episode. Liked the reunion between him and Pod and Bron too.
Thought for sure Jaime was going to get it.
Cersei naturally lied, and now the golden mercenaries will be on their way waiting for the leftovers of the battle up north.
Wight Dragon with blue fire. But I wonder what the NKing wouldve done if he didn't have it?

Pardon my potential ignorance, but isn't the guy who is supposed to fetch the Golden Mercenaries currently lying unconscious on a beach with a crew that decided to do something else?  

And Dany is John's aunt? For some reason I thought sister, but I couldn't hear what the fat guy told the kid in the wheelchair. Who by the way wears a nifty pair of Isotoners.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 01:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Pardon my potential ignorance, but isn't the guy who is supposed to fetch the Golden Mercenaries currently lying unconscious on a beach with a crew that decided to do something else?  

No, that was just some captain or whatever that was serving Theon's sister. They kind of look similar tho. What's his face was last seen leaving the meeting, and apparently going east instead of to Iron Islands. 

And yes, Dany is Jon's aunt. Her brother was Rhaegar who secretly married Lyanna Stark who had Jon. But Dany was very young, like a baby, when all that happened, so her and Jon are pretty close in age.

So Dany is Jon's aunt. Ned Stark was Jon's uncle. And the Stark kids are his cousins.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 01:43 PM)Millhouse Wrote: No, that was just some captain or whatever that was serving Theon's sister. They kind of look similar tho. What's his face was last seen leaving the meeting, and apparently going east instead of to Iron Islands. 

OK thanks.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 12:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The prince that was promised.

Azor Ahai

Hes is all those things...   And I believe only a Stark can kill or Defeat the Night king  (who is also a stark)    

Starks have been around for 8,000+ years sense the last war of the dawn (the long night)     They made peace with the children of the forest build the wall and never conquered by the andals

There also the Old story of the Night King  (not the blue guy) who was the 13th lord commander of the nights watch  who slept with a woman from above the wall with icy blue eyes.  (he was also a stark)

So starks could have some  White Walker DNA in their blood.... which could potentially protect them  Notice BenJen still running around out there..       They definitely have some Childrens blood in their dna with their WARGing ability  (and BRAN) 

I don't know, some say he was a Bolton. He was likely a Stark and a Stark who was his brother came from Winterfell to put him down. Either way, his line ended, meaning there wouldn't be any in his blood. The current Night King is whoever was turned by the Children and he did not look like a Stark. I feel like they would have at least tried to make him look like a Stark.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 01:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't know, some say he was a Bolton. He was likely a Stark and a Stark who was his brother came from Winterfell to put him down. Either way, his line ended, meaning there wouldn't be any in his blood. The current Night King is whoever was turned by the Children and he did not look like a Stark. I feel like they would have at least tried to make him look like a Stark.

Features change after 8,000+ years of breeding lol..  

I will have to read the historys again...      He didn't have the dark hair but I don't know if that's ever been a solid Stark trait. at least not one noted like the Baratheons hair.

But the theory of him being a Stark is fan theory...   but it makes sense.. Starks and the Children of the forest had been allys...  I don't know if that was before or after the creation of the night king. (probly after)       Before the war of the dawn the children were being slaughter by the first men. (at least in the south the north seemed to hold true to the old gods( gods of the children) and kept the weretrees in tact in the north...)
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 11:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think he'll want the throne, but I think their marriage is a given regardless of the news. It's nothing new for her family. 

If she were my aunt, I'd hop her bones too. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Features change after 8,000+ years of breeding lol..  

I will have to read the historys again...      He didn't have the dark hair but I don't know if that's ever been a solid Stark trait. at least not one noted like the Baratheons hair.

But the theory of him being a Stark is fan theory...   but it makes sense.. Starks and the Children of the forest had been allys...  I don't know if that was before or after the creation of the night king. (probly after)       Before the war of the dawn the children were being slaughter by the first men. (at least in the south the north seemed to hold true to the old gods( gods of the children) and kept the weretrees in tact in the north...)

The Stark seed isn't as strong as the Baratheon. Only Arya inherited Ned's traits, everyone else looks Tully. 

I just assumed, for the show's purpose, they'd have a more Stark looking actor if that was their end game.

Reply/Quote