Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game plan for TNF....
Lets hear your game plan for the win over the Ravens!
1) We have got to make Flacco very uncomfortable in the pocket. The front 4 have got to get home!
2) LBers have got to be sound when they bring in Jackson. He needs to be crushed!
3) Contest every pass they throw
4) I'd like to see a couple of designed rollouts for Andy.
5) Screens to either RB
6) TEs very involved in the game plan.
7) Take shots downfield with AJ and Ross
8) Find Boyd across the middle.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 05:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Lets hear your game plan for the win over the Ravens!
1) We have got to make Flacco very uncomfortable in the pocket. The front 4 have got to get home!
2) LBers have got to be sound when they bring in Jackson. He needs to be crushed!
5) Screens to either RB

Don't fall for the misdirection fake hand off.  Flacco does this really well and it's a staple of their offensive play book.

The Bengals are generally aware of it but the way we play defense it generally gets the rats about 7 yards.  They always drag a guy in motion, he stops half way, then goes back.  Our D line changes their gaps during the motion.  I think the birds do it just to get our lineman moving, once we're leaning they push us and it's up to our weak side LB to make the play.  Just have to be sound and not over play things. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
return the favor for last years home opener.... Shut them out completely...
Reply/Quote
Passes have to come out quick.
Reply/Quote
We'll need to play Flacco differently from Jackson. Jackson requires the DL maintain their lanes and a spy (Fej? or Bates) should be in there to mirror Jackson.

For Flacco we need inside pressure and I wouldn't hesitate to bring a CB (Dennard out of the slot) or a Safety off the edge on random passing downs. Gotta keep Flacco on his heals and under pressure.

On offense, I'd like to see a heavy dose of Mixon in both runs and passes. And in the passing game I'd like to see the ball get spread around to Green, Ross, Boyd and Eifert. We need first downs and not 3rd and longs. Early in the game, I wouldn't even bother with plays designed to get less than 10 yards - just full on attack. Keep them on their heals. I know with the right side of the line that's sort of being a bit wishful rather than realistic.

Reply/Quote
Start fred at RT.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Buy up all the utilities, properties and build hotels on them and bankrupt everyone else . And land on FREE PARKING every time around.. oh yeah , and win the beauty prize a lot . 
By the way, which piece should we be to win? The cat?
https://coolmaterial.com/feature/the-story-behind-monopoly-pieces/
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
On offense, I would imagine they are going to look to keep the pass rush at bay. Keeping the TE in to block OR blocking/chipping and releasing into the flats for a dump off option. Keep the screens in the game plan and make the defensive line hesitate. The depth of the receiving corp could see some extended action due to the Ravens secondary being a little shallow at the moment. I would expect Boyd to have a little more action this week than last. Keep it up with Mixon. I don't think that should change much from week-to-week. He is the bellcow here. Get him his touches.

On defense, the Bengals have historically made things very, very difficult for Joe Flacco. He's been sacked 37 times and thrown for 23 INTs in comparison to 19 TDs. In the past four games against Cincinnati, he only has one game with over an 80 QB rating, only 3 games of such since 2012. Keep Flacco pressured and force him into mistakes (he has thrown at least one interception against Cincinnati for 9 straight games.) The blueprint is already there, really.
Reply/Quote
Protect the middle.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 06:30 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Start fred at RT.

Fred would give up 12 sacks and say don't trust PFF he had only 12 missed assignments out of 65.  
Reply/Quote
I don't know that it's a game plan, but ....

On offense we need to win on first down. If we're constantly in 2nd and 3rd and longs it's gonna hurt bad.

I think this applies to every game this year but we need to score early and often.

On defense we've got to tighten up the middle.

We need to win the turnover battle.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 05:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Lets hear your game plan for the win over the Ravens!
5) Screens to either RB

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n4TRaQsIPtI
Reply/Quote
I plan to watch from my couch
Reply/Quote
#1 on Offense, chip the LE going against Hart all day long with TE's and RB's.

Establish the passing game to open up the running game. We are better in pass protection at this point. Use Mixon
in the passing game often on screens and use the TE middle screen a few times, this always gets us first downs.

Once the running game gets going go PA deep to either Ross or Green. Take care of the ball, win the turnover battle.

#1 on Defense, stop the run and get after Flacco, have help over the top to make sure Brown doesn't beat us deep.

Tackle and play QB contain when Lamar is on the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 06:30 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Start fred at RT.

Just might be an upgrade.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bengals have so many weapons on offense they just need to keep a balanced attack and take care of their own business.

DL is key on defense, get pressure and slow the run and let our DB's go to work.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
5) Screens to either RB

keep the ravens out of our EndZone...

Dance all over their endzone...

Victory.
Reply/Quote
Score more points than the Ravens
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Mixon needs to unleash his inner Barry Sanders and Ross needs to unleash his inner Jerry Rice while Dalton unleashes his inner Joe Montana. Is that too much to ask?!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 01:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mixon needs to unleash his inner Barry Sanders and Ross needs to unleash his inner Jerry Rice while Dalton unleashes his inner Joe Montana.  Is that too much to ask?!

if they all play to the level we know they can that should be enough....

Defense needs to repay the favor from our last home opener vs the ravens.
Reply/Quote