Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game plan for TNF....
(09-13-2018, 02:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if they all play to the level we know they can that should be enough....

Defense needs to repay the favor from our last home opener vs the ravens.

But I want it all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 05:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Lets hear your game plan for the win over the Ravens!
1) We have got to make Flacco very uncomfortable in the pocket. The front 4 have got to get home!
2) LBers have got to be sound when they bring in Jackson. He needs to be crushed!
3) Contest every pass they throw
4) I'd like to see a couple of designed rollouts for Andy.
5) Screens to either RB
6) TEs very involved in the game plan.
7) Take shots downfield with AJ and Ross
8) Find Boyd across the middle.

6-7-8   The Ravens are stout on defense but their weakness has been against TE's, the deep ball, and the middle of the field.   Brandon Carr will get shadow coverage on AJ and really, he's not that good and AJ will eat him alive so they will have to bring a safety over.  This should leave the middle of the field for Boyd open.  Ross will be key because there is Zero chance Humphrey can run with him either so expect deep shots.  All of this will leave the TE's wide open as well as Mixon out of the backfield.  Let's face it, no LB can cover Mixon.   All of this will open up the run game. 
We were beating ourselves in Indy, as long as we don't make mistakes or get behind we should win at home.
Reply/Quote
Run, Run, and Run some more
Reply/Quote
On defense bring out the pass rush defense and get after Flacco the whole game. He has thrown an interception against us virtually every game we have played him. Make him cough up a couple and add in 4 or 5 sacks. Harass him all night. It will be interesting to see what we do with linebackers too. Brown is out so it's Nickerson or else a 3rd safety which I would prefer. Play Fej and use S Williams as a hybrid backer to shadow the run, TE's and Lamar Jackson. William Jackson should smother Crabtree. It looked like they Baltimore will move these guys around but primarily it looks like Crabtree/ William Jackson and JBrown / Dre and Snead will get Dennard in the slot. The Brown/Dre matchup is a little scary, but I think we will leave our DB's where they are.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 02:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if they all play to the level we know they can that should be enough....

Defense needs to repay the favor from our last home opener vs the ravens.

RUN THE BALL. 1st and 2nd Qtr I run Sweep and counter plays mixed into a 15 to 20 yard patterns. Make them them to respect the run and the pass game will open up. Of course you could use the Short pass to keep the LB's occupied.

Defense, MAN, Check the Next Gen Stats... INTERESTING info:

Bengals had 3 guys under 4 yards from the QB at the end of the play. (NFL AVE: 4.49). B-More: not 1 player less than 4 and Suggs was over 5.
N The Bengals SHOULD win the D battle. 
In total Flacco threw very few LONG pass attempts. The stats show that he threw MOSTLY inside the 10 yard lines

Bengals by 13. 

GO BENGALS
Reply/Quote