Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game was so bad
The game in Tennessee was so bad and the beat down so much that I thought the Bengals were playing against the ... Mellow

[Image: MemphisManiax_CL.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: With all the money we have pumped into the OL the improvement just doesnt seem to be there.  Is it the players or the coaching?

Frank should be gone at the bye.. Enough is enough...
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That I vacated my comfy recliner and headed to the grocery store at halftime.  Wasn't worth allowing my blood pressure to get elevated over watching the offense fail while attempting the same plays, over and over again.  All I can point to is the coaches should have come into the week with a very different game plan, obviously the one they've been using this season isn't working.

Yep the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. 

Don't really get how inept this squad is playing in basically an all in year. There is a whole lot of talent on this team. Now myself and other fans felt the Bengals could have invested more heavily in the TE and back up QB spots but they elected for some reason not to do so. 

Still though, this team should be better and needs to play with more damn pride, plus sit Burrow until he is 100%
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:40 AM)PhilHos Wrote: When they trotted out Burrow at the beginning of the 4th was when I stopped. I was only still watching because I figured they would put Browning in and I could see how he does in a regular season game (even if it was technically garbage time), but when Burrow came out, I was like, "oh, ok" and just turned the game off. I haven't turned a Bengals game off in ... I don't even know when I last turned a game off. It's been awhile.

That is what astounded me we could not even get points in garbage time now that is sad.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:43 AM)Tony Wrote: Ya when you don't even get mad or care, you know it's bad. This is 90s level bad and by the numbers it's even worst..

You don't have to go back 30 years. They were unwatchable in 2019, and in 2020 after the Washington game (the Monday night miracle game aside).
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On a positive note, my wife described the homemade beef/chorizo enchiladas that I made as "restaurant quality".  So even if the Bengals are lame this year, at least my food game is on point.  Cool

dude, those sound awsome
I have a latina wife that likes coooking and I will mention these to her
much better then watching the sh#t show we are seeing this yr with this team

Reply/Quote
This game made me start thinking about roster needs in the '24 season. Free agency and the draft are absolutely needed to retool.

Trey and Sam will be another year older, the IDL will need talent, the OL could still use tweaking, we might be down two WRs, and the offense still needs a TE and potentially a RB.

What else? Time for me to start reading the draft forum more!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:47 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. 

Don't really get how inept this squad is playing in basically an all in year. There is a whole lot of talent on this team. Now myself and other fans felt the Bengals could have invested more heavily in the TE and back up QB spots but they elected for some reason not to do so. 

Still though, this team should be better and needs to play with more damn pride, plus sit Burrow until he is 100%

This is Dave Shula ERA part II ball.  For those of you too young to understand, goahead and google it and then try and erase it from memory

And it JUST BURNS ME  everytime we play a team that has a good young TE making plays we could have easily drafted...yesterday it  was Whylie 
and we keep going with Drew Sample and the gang...its a joke and Im sure other teams laugh about it.  
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:18 AM)kalibengal Wrote: This is Dave Shula ERA part II ball.  For those of you too young to understand, goahead and google it and then try and erase it from memory

And it JUST BURNS ME  everytime we play a team that has a good young TE making plays we could have easily drafted...yesterday it  was Whylie 
and we keep going with Drew Sample and the gang...its a joke and Im sure other teams laugh about it.  

Well, to be fair Shula didn't make it to the Super Bowl one year & the AFC championship game the next. Zac isn't Shula bad, right?

I get your point though, the '23 Bengals feels like a '90s Bengals team.
Reply/Quote
What are they thinking? Why wont they bench Burrow until hes 100%? However long it takes. Even T. Brady was sat out the 2009 season due to being injured in the first quarter of the first game of the season. It happens.

With the beating hes taking concerned he could really be hurt and be out much longer than a few games..
Reply/Quote
I tuned out at halftime as well. Had sex with my girlfriend and then went to the grocery store.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:31 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well, to be fair Shula didn't make it to the Super Bowl one year & the AFC championship game the next. Zac isn't Shula bad, right?

I get your point though, the '23 Bengals feels like a '90s Bengals team.

That's the astounding part in this all.
Reply/Quote
We are getting Marvin Harrison Jr!!!
Reply/Quote
This is pure buffoonery. It’s embarrassing how bad Taylor is at his job when the talent he has can’t overcome his scheme deficiencies.

And I’m tired of watching Joey Siesta flail about back there. Sit his ass down and leave him there. This calf isn’t the problem everyone is assuming it is. He’s not Lamar Jackson or Anthony Richardson. He’s playing like ass. And someone on this board was trying to tell everyone we were going to miss Hurst, and then that same someone screamed for these bozos to draft a tight end. Now we get ***** Drew Sample running wild in the flats providing ambiguous non-descript white TE 2nd round value, and I want to hang myself with my iphone charger.

Anyway, we’re ******, and the world feels normal again. This is who we are.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I turned it off by halftime, cussed Zac Failer for wasting valuable Cyberpunk 2077-time, turned on my PS5 and spent the rest of the day gaming. I spent weeks 1 and 2 rebuilding my deck while we suffered through Zac's Preseason. At the rate these bums are going, I may have a completely remodeled home by season's end!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:18 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Joe's bad calf has given him a noodle arm.

Yes, and rightly so! To make any athletic move like throwing a football hard and true requires use of the whole body, not just the arm. One must push off the back foot and step into the throw; a baseball pitcher even exaggerates this. Try throwing a ball as hard as you can with your feet together and you’ll feel what Joe Burrow is feeling. Frankly I’m amazed he is as accurate as he is using only his upper body.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:04 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: I feel the same...took at nap and woke up to see it hadn't gotten any better. We were LUCKY to score the 3 on the first drive. The pass was so bad that the DB over ran it but could have easily been a 99 yard pick 6

They literally went right down the field with good runs & passes then shit to bed inside the 10. They ran well but Zac can't help himself. It should be 50/50 run pass ratio. This is on ZAC
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: With all the money we have pumped into the OL the improvement just doesnt seem to be there.  Is it the players or the coaching?

OBJ is the only decent O-lineman we have.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:51 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I tuned out at halftime as well. Had sex with my girlfriend and then went to the grocery store.

SUUUUUUURE you did.  Come on man... we all know you didn't go to the grocery store.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:25 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: They literally went right down the field with good runs & passes then shit to bed inside the 10. They ran well but Zac can't help himself. It should be 50/50 run pass ratio. This is on ZAC

Yes, it blew my mind as to why they didn't keep running the ball to the left side, or even play action fake a run to the left and hit the open man right behind the LBs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote