Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
***Gameday Discord***
(10-17-2022, 07:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When we get down 7-0 in the 1st quarter, do you have Discord members say the season is over?

We have a couple in the gameday thread.

A couple?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 07:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: A couple?

If it isn't 28 to 0 in the first quarter both offense and defense is trash to many.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 07:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: A couple?

2 main ones stand out in my mind...but yeah probably more.

The funny thing is the Bengals nearly always start slow and make the game close.

Then, when we win...there are a couple other posters way over the top the other way.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The members who have used our discord so far have been great and the discussions have been good. That's the goal with game day there as well. 

Game Day is ruined by the same posters week after week. It's a miserable place because of the quitters with their doom and gloom.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Link sent in PM. 

Can you get me one of them linkies ol buddy?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: Can you get me one of them linkies ol buddy?

Sent. Joe
Reply/Quote
Just a reminder: There are a couple members that have signed up, but aren't using there usernames from here. You won't be activated until you do that. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 02:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: We will be offering a live chat option for game days on our Discord starting this Sunday with the Falcons game.

There are currently a couple dozen members who have used our discord and it's went very smoothly each time...so, I want to try it out for games, allowing members an option other than the gameday thread here. 

If interested in giving it a try, and you haven't already joined our discord...just PM for the invite link. Once you go to sign up, you must check the boxes that show you agree to the rules...and you must use the same username you have here. 

You must have at least 500 posts and been a member for at least 6 months to be eligible to join. In addition, posting history and previous disciplinary actions will be taken into account.

The #game-day channel will be open one hour prior to the game, till one hour after. 

Feel free to post any questions you may have.

Thanks, BJ

I'd like to try it BJ, thanks in advance.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 12:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'd like to try it BJ, thanks in advance.

Joe
Reply/Quote
You guys try it out this week, and if none of the sniveling and whining that goes on in GD makes it into Discord, I may try it next week.
Reply/Quote
How well does it work out for those who watch the games via streaming? The GameDay chat can already get ahead of the stream.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 03:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How well does it work out for those who watch the games via streaming? The GameDay chat can already get ahead of the stream.

It's a live, audio chat. Your stream will determine how far behind you will potentially be.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 05:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's a live, audio chat. Your stream will determine how far behind you will potentially be.

It'll probably be text only this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It'll probably be text only this week.

Bastard!!!!

Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The discord game day chat will be open from noon till 5 on Sunday.

There's a couple who didn't use their username here when they joined. 
You won't be activated till you change it, so that I can verify who you are. 

For anyone still wanting to join, you can PM me. If you meet requirements, you'll be sent the link. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 02:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The discord game day chat will be open from noon till 5 on Sunday.

There's a couple who didn't use their username here when they joined. 
You won't be activated till you change it, so that I can verify who you are. 

For anyone still wanting to join, you can PM me. If you meet requirements, you'll be sent the link. 

FWIW, you can set a nickname just for a particular discord server you're in.
You don't have to make a separate discord account just for this.
Just make sure you let the admin(s) know what your username is and then set your nickname to match your board name.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sounds like a live stream to complain about things that don't really matter anyway. 
Maybe I read it wrong, but I'm game to complain about getting hung with a brand new rope. Far too scratchy while your dangling in the air trying to gasp your last breath.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I liked it. Could use a bit more action, but I suppose that will come along with continued use.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
What time does the channel typically open?

EDIT: Apparently, I can't read the OP where it says it opens one hour before the game starts. I'll slink back to my hole in shame.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 12:10 PM)Earendil Wrote: What time does the channel typically open?

EDIT: Apparently, I can't read the OP where it says it opens one hour before the game starts. I'll slink back to my hole in shame.

Yeah, it's now open. Joe
Reply/Quote