Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gameday Traditions
I'm sick of talking about the same old shit...

What do you guys do on game days? I always find it interesting to see what people do. Where do you watch the games? What do you usually drink/eat? What are you wearing?

Home games - When I do go to the game (50% of them), we usually meet up at my in laws and take a party bus down to lot 1 to tailgate. We usually do bacon/egg and cheese sandwiches on the grill. Mich Ultra in the cup. Always. The other 50% of the games and away games I'm usually relaxing at my house in the living room. I like to focus on the game and not go to a bar to watch. Might order wings or some other kind of food or might have something on the smoker (wings/smoked queso) I usually dont drink during those games.

Always wearing my Munoz throwback.

What have you?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Hit the banks 2-3 hours before the game eat and drink at the Moerlein Lager House.

Usually wearing my Burrow or Corey Dillon jersey.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
ALWAYS wearing a jersey..... started with Palmer, then AJ, and now Burrow or Chase.

In college, we'd always tailgate in one of the lots and go to the game.

We'd usually end up at the Banks or in Covington afterwards.

This year, I'm not sure how many games I'll go to since we could only get two tickets to each game, but we'll probably be at The Banks beforehand or Wings & Rings, BWs, or a few other possibilities.

For away games, I usually went to Wings and Rings or the Tavern right behind my place, but this new crew I started hanging around always goes to Greyhound, BWs, Wings & Rings, or a different place like that.

Should be a hell of a year to be in Cincinnati!
Reply/Quote
Couch in front of TV or chair by computer dressed in my FABULOUS Walmart brand jeans and tshirt or whatever brand is cheaper and eating junk food..
Don't let your envy get the best of you. If you study and work hard enough you too can live my fabulous lifestyle as well.. Oh yeah..If they're losing by too much I might get up and go to the toilet.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I used to eat wings but it's sort of a hassle to get good wings these days where I live. I think during the playoffs I got pizza I wear my orange. Joe Burrow t-shirt. Not all the time because I felt the Jersey brought good luck last year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Opening day I make cornbread and a big pot of chili. Don't know why, I've just done it for probably 20 years.

When we're in town for games, we go to First Watch for breakfast/brunch and then walk over to the stadium. It's always fun to see everyone geared up pre-game.
Reply/Quote
As I live 8 hours away and in a different country, it's basically all away games for me lol.

Wake up, breakfast, grocery shopping, either lunch at halftime or if not as hungry, will have tortilla chips and salsa verde after the first quarter.

That's basically it lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, I'm hooked on NFL Redzone. Seven hours of commercial free games. I enjoy just seeing the highlights of the Bengal games along with other games. My cat sleeps on my lap until the Bengals score. Then, she wakes up.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
In front of my pc or TV if the game is televised, don't really eat during the game, maybe some chips but will have some drinks. I didn't own any Bengals clothing until after the sb I received a pair of bengals shorts for my birthday. Will end up wearing those on GameDays now.
Reply/Quote
Not a routine kind of guy. Never been into the wings things, actually find them gross. Since I live on the west coast, and the games start at 10AM, I usually do my chores and have breakfast and then go teach golf. I record the game and everyone knows not to tip the game to me. Before I retired from the navy, I would hop a military flight to Wright Patterson about 3 or 4 times a season. Now, I prefer to enjoy watching the game alone with my Newfoundland, Daisy.
Reply/Quote
It's football all day on Sundays. My wife is a Seahawks fan so our games are usually on at different times. We always stay home and just enjoy the games from our couch.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 08:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I used to eat wings but it's sort of a hassle to get good wings these days where I live.  I think during the playoffs I got pizza I wear my orange. Joe Burrow t-shirt. Not all the time because I felt the Jersey brought good luck last year.

Air Fryer and frozen party wings will fix that. Thing is a savior. 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 08:20 PM)wcu Wrote: Opening day I make cornbread and a big pot of chili. Don't know why, I've just done it for   probably 20 years.

When we're in town for games, we go to First Watch for breakfast/brunch and then walk over to the stadium. It's always fun to see everyone geared up pre-game.

I love making chili during the games. 
Reply/Quote
Typically make sure fantasy football lineups are set before games start.
I'll watch NFL GameDay on NFL Network leading up to the 1pm games.
Since I live in another city, I have to be lucky to see Bengals on local TV.
If they are local, I'll usually stay home to watch. If not, I'll go to a local pizza & wing place to watch.
Always wearing a Bengals hat and either a Bengals jersey or long sleeved shirt.
I had pretty good luck with my new (to me) Corey Dillon jersey last year for Christmas. Bengals only lost to the Browns and in the Super Bowl while wearing that jersey.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Some food, some alcohol. Doesn't need to be any more complex than that. Generally the game time food for 1pm or 4pm games will be enough that dinner then becomes more like a snack than a meal. No superstitions or requirements to wear a jersey or anything.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 06:16 PM)grampahol Wrote: Couch in front of TV or chair by computer dressed in my FABULOUS Walmart brand jeans and tshirt or whatever brand is cheaper and eating junk food..
Don't let your envy get the best of you. If you study and work hard enough you too can live my fabulous lifestyle as well.. Oh yeah..If they're losing by too much I might get up and go to the toilet.. ThumbsUp

Wait...where does the fishing part fit in all this?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Apparently if I watch the Bengals on my Chromebook while playing Destiny or D&D, we win.

Which is why I regret going over to a buddy's house for the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
1. I typically get on this board to see if there's anything I've missed news-wise.
2. Get my FFL teams squared away.
3. About a 1/2 hour before the game, go to my favorite sports bar (shout out to Kelly's Sports Lounge) and order a Bloody Mary with a beer back. The rest of the game I have red beers with olives if the team is winning, 3-2-1 Screwdrivers if they're losing.
4. Halftime - eat chicken wings.
5. Go home and take a nap. (The wife hates this step the most)
6. Get back on these boards and read either the rants or the raves.

Other times I take the cheaper route and I watch a few games on my PC and the Bengals game on my big TV, but I think it's boring not to have anyone to celebrate with or b*tch to.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I don't have any traditions.  I just go with whatever is going on that day.  Sometimes I watch it with family or friends.  Sometimes just me at home by myself.  I really prefer to watch some of the more important games, like division games and playoff games (glad we got several of those last year) alone.  That way there are not a lot of distractions from other people.  Most of my family and friends are not as big of a fan as I am so in a group setting there is often a lot of chatter and activity that makes it a little difficult to focus on the game.  

I'm one of the rare people that does like to participate in the game day threads in between the action.  I get a kick out of a lot of the comments and shenanigans there.   It's an interesting mix of doom and gloom usually starting with the first Bengals incomplete pass, funny comments from a lot of people, and some interesting analysis from more knowledgeable fans than me.  

I don't have a fixed menu or wear anything Bengals related.  I don't have any Bengals gear aside from one t-shirt someone gave me that I unfortunately got too fat for several years ago.   Sad   I don't know why but I've never been into wearing team related stuff. 

I have not been to an actual game in probably 15 years. The crowds really bother me and I much prefer watching at home on the big screen where I can pause if I need to use the bathroom or get a snack. As a birthday gift to my Mom's husband I got them tickets to the Dolphins game this year. He asked me if I was going with him and I had to respectfully decline and tell him it was for him and my Mom to enjoy. I told him I'll look for them on TV. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 09:24 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I love making chili during the games. 

Me too

I'm getting to old to be into going out to the bar thing. Alcohol and me don't get along very well, lol. I'll usually fix a pot of chili and get some chips and salsa or something. Pitcher of iced tea. 

Oh I'll have the occasional margarita (1) maybe (2) on a real good day. Pretty simple anymore for me.  Wink  
Reply/Quote