Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gameday is here!
Video 
The very long gameday for me has started. My traditional gameday is a 20hr day with the game kicking off at 3am here My day consists today of watching the NRL Grand Final, the Superbowl of Rugby League, and then a 5 hour break to fill in till game time in the middle of the night. I thought since my gamedays usually consist of about 18 hours waiting for kick off I'd ask how you fill your time waiting for kickoff?

Reply/Quote
I'll probably be cutting the grass right up until game time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I get done with my 14 hour truck driving shift (North Dakota let's truckers work 14 hour days because of the oil field) at 9 am so I'll take a couple hour nap then head to buffalo wild wings to watch the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 02:24 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I get done with my 14 hour truck driving shift (North Dakota let's truckers work 14 hour days because of the oil field) at 9 am so I'll take a couple hour nap then head to buffalo wild wings to watch the game.

Wow that is a lot of driving, wish I could go somewhere to watch the game though, share the game with other etc. lol
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 02:39 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Wow that is a lot of driving, wish I could go somewhere to watch the game though, share the game with other etc. lol

I'm sitting around at least half of the time. I just pick up waste water from the frack site and take it to a disposal. It's a lot of back and forth and waiting in line. It's actually a pretty bad ass job and I'm working to buy my own truck to make the big bucks. I work every day for about a month and a half then I have 2 weeks off.
Reply/Quote
I’m a slacker, I sleep until game time most Sundays lol

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 03:18 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I'm sitting around at least half of the time. I just pick up waste water from the frack site and take it to a disposal. It's a lot of back and forth and waiting in line. It's actually a pretty bad ass job and I'm working to buy my own truck to make the big bucks. I work every day for about a month and a half then I have 2 weeks off.

6 weeks of 14 hour days is a pretty touch gig. My brother works, over here, in the coal mines doing 12 hours a day in a dump truck and does 3 days day shift days off, 3 days night shift 3 days off. Hates off to you mate.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 04:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m a slacker, I sleep until game time most Sundays lol

lol, I'd at least have an excuse to do that with the game starting at 3am Monday morning here.
Reply/Quote
Today's routine is watching Ryder Cup starting at 6:00AM, and little else up to kickoff in Atlanta. That and food. And drinks. And a little more food. And maybe a few more drinks. And on and on ....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Drink coffee
Hit the gym
Shower
Hit the road (driving an hour to friend's house for this gameday, he's having a party)

Most game days are the same, although sometimes it involves yard work.
Reply/Quote
Arguing with the old ball and chain about doing 387 other things besides watching the game, but I'll prevail and finally quit arguing and the game will go on with or without me. 
Gosh, my life is so utterly exciting.. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have someone demanding I do those 387 other things RIGHT NOW !
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:32 AM)grampahol Wrote: Arguing with the old ball and chain about doing 387 other things besides watching the game, but I'll prevail and finally quit arguing and the game will go on with or without me. 
Gosh, my life is so utterly exciting.. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have someone demanding I do those 387 other things RIGHT NOW !

Move to Australia then the game is so early she will still be in bed like my wife lol
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 02:24 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I get done with my 14 hour truck driving shift (North Dakota let's truckers work 14 hour days because of the oil field) at 9 am so I'll take a couple hour nap then head to buffalo wild wings to watch the game.

Hmmm. What does oil fields have to do with it (Im a railroader, know all about hours of service)? Besides, HOS is federal, right?
 At hotel. Will have to watch via the dolphins game... . 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:29 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Today's routine is watching Ryder Cup starting at 6:00AM, and little else up to kickoff in Atlanta. That and food. And drinks. And a little more food. And maybe a few more drinks. And on and on ....

Yep. I'm sitting in the recliner, switching back and forth between Ryder Cup and pregame stuff (mostly cup--and it's pretty sad how the US is getting their asses kicked--Tiger just lost again.) right up until game time. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:32 AM)grampahol Wrote: Arguing with the old ball and chain about doing 387 other things besides watching the game, but I'll prevail and finally quit arguing and the game will go on with or without me. 

Sounds like a fairytale marriage there, Grampahol.  But, I believe we all agreed you'd spend gameday fishing.  Otherwise, the Bengals lose.  It's all scientific and such.

So, kiss the old lady goodbye, grab your gear and get your arse out to the lake, pronto.  We need to get this team on a roll  :andy:
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This is the one week of the year that I get screwed out of watching the Bengals! My fiancee's birthday is on Oct. 1st, and whenever this time of year rolls around we have to do stuff around her birthday.

Last year, I missed the beatdown of the Browns while I was out on a nature hike lol

She's a Bear fan and wants to watch the Bears game. So, I'll prob be monitoring the game on my phone Sad

Anyone know if the Reddit NFL Game streams are still up and running? I used to catch the game through there when in dire need.
Reply/Quote
Actually work on road game Sundays and DVR game.

But will sneak in break room often enough to keep up with score.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Although used to have a roommate while living on south rim of Grand Canyon in the mid 80's that was a Bengals fan and moved to Australia as well.

Probably not many of you down there, tell Mike I said hello and Who-Dey if running into him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 11:30 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I'm sitting in the recliner, switching back and forth between Ryder Cup and pregame stuff (mostly cup--and it's pretty sad how the US is getting their asses kicked--Tiger just lost again.) right up until game time. 

Looks like you'll have some time between the Cup and the Game. Ryder Cup victory on European soil just isn't in our wheelhouse. Just damn.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Get up at 10am, take the dog for a walk and do a little cleaning up around the place.

Then its gametime!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote