Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gameday is here!
I pass the time away by reading posts here on the board. Then, watch the NFL show just before the game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 12:26 PM)magikod Wrote: Get up at 10am, take the dog for a walk and do a little cleaning up around the place.

Then its gametime!!

That's my "normal" routine as well, but I'm the Mountain Time Zone. I make coffee/breakfast/walk the dog. Sometimes shovel horse manure. BUT today, I wake up and I'm procrastinating. I've got a fire in the wood stove. It's blowing about 25 mph of driving snow. Our dog is looking at me like "what the hell's the delay?"

All I want is the Bengals to provide a little warmth...and not by my getting angry at what I'm watching, but through a general comfortable warmth that comes from watching the Bengals do well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 11:53 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Although used to have a roommate while living on south rim of Grand Canyon in the mid 80's that was a Bengals fan and moved to Australia as well.

Probably not many of you down there, tell Mike I said hello and Who-Dey if running into him.

I'm Australian born and bred, I once saw someone at the local shopping centre wearing an AJ Green Bengals Jersey. Only other Bengals fan I have ever seen in Australia. Most people who do follow the sport follow big market teams.
Reply/Quote
I'm currently taking a short break for some tea while I'm in the middle of some repairs around my house.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 12:40 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: I'm Australian born and bred, I once saw someone at the local shopping centre wearing an AJ Green Bengals Jersey. Only other Bengals fan I have ever seen in Australia. Most people who do follow the sport follow big market teams.

We had a poster on here or perhaps it was the old board ? BritishBengal. Haven't seen him around lately ? Anyways someone asked him one day why the Bengals ? I forget his answer. Like you say you'd think it would be Patriots, Cowboys, Packers or some more successful/bigger market team.

So I'll ask you why the Bengals ?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 01:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We had a poster on here or perhaps it was the old board ? BritishBengal. Haven't seen him around lately ? Anyways someone asked him one day why the Bengals ? I forget his answer. Like you say you'd think it would be Patriots, Cowboys, Packers or some more successful/bigger market team.

So I'll ask you why the Bengals ?

Fairly long story, but for an Australian I have a fairly long history with NFL. As a child in the 80's I would watch an hour long highlight show of the NFL that aired in Australia hosted by an American entertainer who made it pretty big here called Don Lane but I didn't really follow a team. Around 89 I started playing the Madden series of games and learnt more about the game that way. Around 91 I started playing with the Bengals, in Madden, because the other team that is a passion in my life was the Rugby League Balmain Tigers and the closest NFL team to a Tiger is the Bengals, I started following the Bengals more but being pre internet days it was pretty difficult. During the Late 90's and early 2000's it became a lot easier to track scores and watch highlights because of the internet.  Started downloading games in 2006, I didn't see my first Bengals game until around 2005 after around 15 years of following the team. I know watch all Bengals games live on NFL Gamepass and haven't missed a game since 2007, I even attended the season opener in Cleveland in 2011.

In the year 2000 my Rugby League team merged with another team to become the Wests Tigers (picture in my Avatar), The Bengals are now as big a passion in my life as the Wests Tigers and I never miss a game. Rugby League and American Football actually have a lot of similarities and are my 2 favourite sports.

Most people here follow the Cowboys, Patriots or Packers, The 49ers have decent following here as well because in 2015 an Australian Rugby League player made their roster and played a couple of games. I'd say the Eagles will get some support in the future as they recently drafted a former Rugby League player as well.
Reply/Quote