Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gameplan coming off the bye
Loved seeing such a dominant performance from the rushing attack prior to the bye week. Not sure what kind of game plan the staff will draw up but if there is one thing I want to see they have planned for its to double team and chip Watt the entire game. Would also like to see slants and maybe TE screens designed to go straight behind him. If there is one thing I have noticed it’s the office of line struggles if there is a premier press rusher. They just don’t seem to have an answer when the opposing team has a huge name on the other side lining up. I think if they have that corrected this week Bengals come out with the W.
Reply/Quote
I want to see the team establish the run, along with exploiting the edges with throws to the backs, while constantly planning to exploit Pittsburgh's depleted secondary with some home run shots in those opportune moments.

Defensively, it's just shut down the run and force Pickett to have to pass. You just know that Pickett will make his own share of unforced errors.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I want to see the team establish the run, along with exploiting the edges with throws to the backs, while constantly planning to exploit Pittsburgh's depleted secondary with some home run shots in those opportune moments.

Defensively, it's just shut down the run and force Pickett to have to pass.  You just know that Pickett will make his own share of unforced errors.

I was reading somewhere the other day where Pick-it is among the worst QB's all time stats wise thru the first 5 games or whatever?

And yes I agree, us having success with the run game is critical for us to win. We have to win on 1st down, we have to convert some 3rd and two's with the run, break off a few 8 plus yard runs.

We can't let Pissburgh T-off on JB.
Reply/Quote
Make Watt try and stop the run and add some quick slants behind him and get him chasing and see just what kind of game shape he is in.

Burrow did a lot of quick throws last game and believe pittsburgh will try and jump some routes early on. Could be primed for a double move for a long TD.

But basically really just want the Bengals to kick butt and take names.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 08:55 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Make Watt try and stop the run and add some quick slants behind him and get him chasing and see just what kind of game shape he is in.

Burrow did a lot of quick throws last game and believe pittsburgh will try and jump some routes early on. Could be primed for a double move for a long TD.

But basically really just want the Bengals to kick butt and take names.

I think they will definitely try to rush Burrow and plan for quick hits as a response. Some double moves would be great to keep them honest.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 09:25 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I think they will definitely try to rush Burrow and plan for quick hits as a response. Some double moves would be great to keep them honest.

They will absolutely be coming for Burrow and the O-line needs to do a better job this time around. If we establish a rushing game it will help and set this up imo.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Establish the run against this dominant Steelers defensive line and take some pressure off of Burrow. Then unleash him in the second half. Use the run to open up the pass.

On defense, get to Pickett early and often. He has shown to get REALLY skittish in the pocket once you get to him.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 09:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Establish the run against this dominant Steelers defensive line and take some pressure off of Burrow. Then unleash him in the second half. Use the run to open up the pass.

On defense, get to Pickett early and often. He has shown to get REALLY skittish in the pocket once you get to him.

Love the thought of them wearing out with Mixon in the first half and then abusing with Burrow in the 2nd.

A couple of picke by Pickett would be great.
Reply/Quote
Joey B better watch throwing over Watt. Watch those damn batted/tipped passes!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
1. Give help with Watt
2. Don't test Fitzpatrick
3. Win

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Gotta build off last game with running Mixon and controlling the game, especially since it's in Pittsburgh. Dominating on the ground will demoralize them and give our team confidence and an extra boost.

That will also take the crowd out of it and slow up their pass rush, which will be key.

On D, shut down the run, as always, but then we need to get after Pickett and force him into mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1. Give help with Watt
3. Win

The only problem with 1. is: Alex Highsmith has 8.5 sacks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The only problem with 1. is: Alex Highsmith has 8.5 sacks

Didn't 3 of those come against Jonah week 1?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1. Give help with Watt
3. Win

Believe Minkah will sit and think Tomlin is just using gamesmanship saying he may play. 

But if he does play right after his appendectomy surgery, then I would test him early to see what is up. Would also run Mixon and Perine right at him and try to truck him a couple times early just to see just how good he feels tackling as well.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 08:23 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Loved seeing such a dominant performance from the rushing attack prior to the bye week. Not sure what kind of game plan the staff will draw up but if there is one thing I want to see they have planned for its to double team and chip Watt the entire game. Would also like to see slants and maybe TE screens designed to go straight behind him. If there is one thing I have noticed it’s the office of line struggles if there is a premier press rusher. They just don’t seem to have an answer when the opposing team has a huge name on the other side lining up. I think if they have that corrected this week Bengals come out with the W.

Agree with a lot of what you say Thompson. Have to chip Watt but I would also love to see another O-lineman brought in on 
Jumbo sets while we road grade him into the ground in the running game. La'el had a bad back the last time he faced Twatt.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
Win and stay healthy. Everything else is fluff.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with a lot of what you say Thompson. Have to chip Watt but I would also love to see another O-lineman brought in on 
Jumbo sets while we road grade him into the ground in the running game. La'el had a bad back the last time he faced Twatt.

Mellow
Right exactly what I would like to see. Have 2 people smothering him. Try and make him as much of a non-factor as possible. Sure is going to make some plays he’s just that good but lets not let them go off for 5+ sacks.
Reply/Quote
Be prepared to win with patient, sustained drives. Have Joe Burrow prepared to emulate the most boring and vintage incarnation of Tom Brady. More Doug Flutie and less Brett Favre this time around. For play calling, I'd be tempted to run it straight at Watt, maybe do some designed roll outs to the weak side so that someone can try to lay a nice trap block on Watt early in the game. Short passes to Hurst/Boyd on first down and then running it on 2nd and 3rd could be a good recipe. Defensively I think that alternating between cover 2 man and cover 2 invert could be a good approach if the front 4 can take care of business. They're going to try to force feed Pickens - I'd think that Apple with safety help should do alright. Freiermuth is a pest  - hopefully Flowers and/or Wilson can stay on top of him. 
Reply/Quote
I think Heywood is a bigger problem than Watt. He's a beast to run against.
Reply/Quote
I think having Reader back healthy is going to really help a lot.Of course they need to figure out a way to contain Watt.He himself can be a game wrecker.And of course it would be nice if they could run the ball successfully.Sure would make life easier for Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote