Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gameplan vs. Bills
Looking at the Bill's games this season, it is pretty clear what they try to do and what they are successful doing when they win:  running the ball.  In their route of Miami and their win against Tennessee, they had a great YPC average running the ball and a few misdirection plays with Harvin as well as designed QB waggles with a run/pass option.  Now, Tyrod Taylor is saying me might be playing now, but I don't see him as a running threat as much after his injury.

The Bengals are coming off a very physical week where they played an extra quarter.  Don't forget this.  It isn't as bad as playing on a short week and traveling, but it does impact a team.  Remember last year when they traveled to Indy after the tie (puke) against Carolina?  They were flatter than a pancake and had one of their worst efforts in the Dalton/Green Era.  I agree that this team is different, but it is a concern nonetheless. 

The Bengals game plan on defense needs to focus on stopping the run.  Maybe Shawn Williams plays more of an in-box safety and they play single-high with Reggie behind him and the corners playing more press coverage.  Maybe we see more base defense with Rey M, Vinny Rey, and AJ Hawk?  Whatever the design, stopping the run and taking away their play-action game is key to stopping the Bills.

On offense, I think the Bills have struggled against multiple receiver sets, like they saw from the Giants.  They simply aren't as strong on the back end.  I know Hue said that Hill is going to break out soon, but this isn't the game. Spread them out and attack them to get up early and force them to do what they don't like and that is throw the ball.  They only average 200 ypg passing and they haven't faced a secondary like the Bengals at this point. 

My only fear is that if the Bengals focus on getting their own running game on track, they might be playing in to the Bill's hands.  They need to come out with tempo and have three receiver sets (hopefully using Kroft and Eifert as receivers as well in lieu of what could be an injury to MLJ) and attack the Bills. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 08:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Looking at the Bill's games this season, it is pretty clear what they try to do and what they are successful doing when they win:  running the ball.  In their route of Miami and their win against Tennessee, they had a great YPC average running the ball and a few misdirection plays with Harvin as well as designed QB waggles with a run/pass option.  Now, Tyrod Taylor is saying me might be playing now, but I don't see him as a running threat as much after his injury.

The Bengals are coming off a very physical week where they played an extra quarter.  Don't forget this.  It isn't as bad as playing on a short week and traveling, but it does impact a team.  Remember last year when they traveled to Indy after the tie (puke) against Carolina?  They were flatter than a pancake and had one of their worst efforts in the Dalton/Green Era.  I agree that this team is different, but it is a concern nonetheless. 

The Bengals game plan on defense needs to focus on stopping the run.  Maybe Shawn Williams plays more of an in-box safety and they play single-high with Reggie behind him and the corners playing more press coverage.  Maybe we see more base defense with Rey M, Vinny Rey, and AJ Hawk?  Whatever the design, stopping the run and taking away their play-action game is key to stopping the Bills.

On offense, I think the Bills have struggled against multiple receiver sets, like they saw from the Giants.  They simply aren't as strong on the back end.  I know Hue said that Hill is going to break out soon, but this isn't the game. Spread them out and attack them to get up early and force them to do what they don't like and that is throw the ball.  They only average 200 ypg passing and they haven't faced a secondary like the Bengals at this point. 

My only fear is that if the Bengals focus on getting their own running game on track, they might be playing in to the Bill's hands.  They need to come out with tempo and have three receiver sets (hopefully using Kroft and Eifert as receivers as well in lieu of what could be an injury to MLJ) and attack the Bills. 

OFFICIAL CINCINNATI BENGALS TOP SECRET GAMEPLAN TO BEATING THE BUFFALO BILLS:

1. Log on to Bovata
2. Lay the points
3. Don't miss your flight to Buffalo
4. Get to Ralph Wilson early for good parking
5. Be on the field, in proper regulated NFL attire by coin toss
6. Collect $ from Bovata upon arriving home

END OF OFFICIAL CINCINNATI BENGALS TOP SECRET GAMEPLAN TO BEATING THE BUFFALO BILLS
Reply/Quote
Just need a good mix of plays. If the defensive front calls for a run, then run. I'm guessing the Bills will tend toward covering the pass so we need to beat the Bills D-Line mano e mano. If we have even a little success (3.8 YPC) then we should be able to mix in play action and beat them. I trust Hue to call the right plays and Andy to change them if necessary.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Contain EJ, and make him make plays with his arm and not his feet.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Gameplan vs. Bills

Score more points.

Now you know.
Reply/Quote
if the first guy to the ball tackles... we win
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 02:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the first guy to the ball tackles... we win

This and don't get burned by the misdirection run!
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 08:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Looking at the Bill's games this season, it is pretty clear what they try to do and what they are successful doing when they win:  running the ball.  In their route of Miami and their win against Tennessee, they had a great YPC average running the ball and a few misdirection plays with Harvin as well as designed QB waggles with a run/pass option.  Now, Tyrod Taylor is saying me might be playing now, but I don't see him as a running threat as much after his injury.

Nice breakdown. I agree, spread them out and only use the run to keep the Bills D honest.

BTW, MLJ is full practice so that is another good thing for us. Good point on the OT tie last year and the game after...

Didn't think about that till now.
Reply/Quote
Fly into Buffalo and just start kicking butt and taking names right out of the gate sending the home fans home early.

Fly jubilantly back to Cincinnati the talk of the town (and nation) going into bye week undefeated.

Know this reeks of arrogance but believe the Bengals will be very focused with only one game left before bye.

Just think Bengals will take care of business Sunday. Agree with OP that it will most likely have to be through the air because of Buffalo's stingy defense.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote