Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Garbage California AG doxes legal gun owners and CCW's
The thread title rather says it all. The CA AG just literally doxed California gun owners. The information, including names and addresses, is for people who fall under any of the below categories;

Dealer Record of Sales
Gun Violence Restraining Orders
Carry Concealed Weapons Permits
Firearms Safety Certificates
Assault Weapons
Roster of Certified Handguns

This means if you've purchased a gun, have a CCW, have a safety certificate, have a registered "assault weapon", or own a handgun not on the "certified roster", the AG of California published your name and address earlier today. The site is currently down, probably because someone with a brain just pointed out that a class action lawsuit is impending, but it was up for some time prior to that.

https://oag.ca.gov/news/press-releases/attorney-general-bonta-releases-new-firearms-data-increase-transparency-and

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/intimidation-california-ag-posted-the-names-of-all-carry-permit-holders-after-bruen-ruling/

Please don't ever ask why someone who lives in this state, or any other deep blue state, and doesn't 100% buy into every Democrat line of bullshit, has an abiding dislike, perhaps hatred, of any politician with a D next to their name. I'm sure those of you in deep red states can make the same points about Republican politicians. Even so, this doxing will put people's lives in danger and essentially just created a gun thieves wish list of targets.
Reply/Quote
Ok now criminals know where they can obtain weapons. Genius!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
my name gets put on a list for voting
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 07:44 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: my name gets put on a list for voting

Yes, people's home are routinely burglarized because they voted.   Whatever
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 07:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Ok now criminals know where they can obtain weapons. Genius!

Or now criminals know which houses to avoid? Cool

Because all know that the criminals were just waiting for a list.  Mellow

People should move if they don't like it. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 08:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Or now criminals know which houses to avoid? Cool

Because all know that the criminals were just waiting for a list.  Mellow

People should move if they don't like it. Smirk

I know selling concrete doesn't clue you into much, but criminals actively look for homes with firearms in them.  In fact, the linked article is incorrect, as firearms are the #1 target for burglars.  Guiding them to homes that have them not only enables this end, but it endangers people who reside at those residences.  Not only that, but guiding them to homes with firearms they can steal obviously endangers every other person in the community as well.  I know it's nothing next to a chance to be an obnoxious turd on the internet, but this will have real world consequences.  If you disagree, then kindly post your full name and address on this message board, it's not that big a deal, right?  
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 07:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Please don't ever ask why someone who lives in this state, or any other deep blue state, and doesn't 100% buy into every Democrat line of bullshit, has an abiding dislike, perhaps hatred, of any politician with a D next to their name.
Yeah, we get it. You're a gun freak far more than you ever were a Democrat. Shocking. How many guns do you own?
(06-28-2022, 09:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I know selling concrete doesn't clue you into much, but criminals actively look for homes with firearms in them. 
This is the first that I've heard of this. I grew up in a trailer park around a lot of criminals and I found it to be quite the opposite. In fact, I don't like the listing because if I don't have a gun, I wouldn't want all the criminals knowing it's safer to break in my house because a knife or a baseball bat is my best defense.

And I wasn't aware that getting a gun is so difficult in America that criminals feel the need to risk their lives stealing them from registered gun owners. But, I live in Alaska where people are shocked when someone says that they don't own a gun. Yeah, I know of gun thefts happening, but usually on break-ins by people that didn't need a list to know the owner had guns and where they were, aka "knew the victim and the house". Most guns that my friends own are registered and in gun safes when the owner is not at home. 

But, I'm currently not a paranoid gun owner so I don't know or understand the fears that run your life.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 04:19 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yeah, we get it. You're a gun freak far more than you ever were a Democrat. Shocking. How many guns do you own?
This is the first that I've heard of this. I grew up in a trailer park around a lot of criminals and I found it to be quite the opposite. In fact, I don't like the listing because if I don't have a gun, I wouldn't want all the criminals knowing it's safer to break in my house because a knife or a baseball bat is my best defense.

And I wasn't aware that getting a gun is so difficult in America that criminals feel the need to risk their lives stealing them from registered gun owners. But, I live in Alaska where people are shocked when someone says that they don't own a gun. Yeah, I know of gun thefts happening, but usually on break-ins by people that didn't need a list to know the owner had guns and where they were, aka "knew the victim and the house". Most guns that my friends own are registered and in gun safes when the owner is not at home. 

But, I'm currently not a paranoid gun owner so I don't know or understand the fears that run your life.

He's talking about cops when he says criminals.

They know which houses to target so they can do their whole 'they were armed and we acted accordingly' nonsense when they gun down another innocent person or flashbang an infant.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 04:49 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: He's talking about cops when he says criminals.

They know which houses to target so they can do their whole 'they were armed and we acted accordingly' nonsense when they gun down another innocent person or flashbang an infant.

Wouldn't they already have access to a list like that? Would the Police really need for it to be released to the public?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 04:49 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: He's talking about cops when he says criminals.

Wow, some comments really take it a step too far, including this one.

I'm the first one to think that US gun laws are crazy, different culture and all. But even I can fully understand that one does not like a list of gun owners with addresses and all to suddenly appear online with government approval. Even if one sees that differently, one can at least acknowledge that this is not a crazy complaint to have. No need to paint these grievances as coming from a freak or someone who wants to shoot innocents or hurt infants. I mean, come on.

I would disagree with the OP as to all democrats without exception deserving mistrust following this. But answers like these make the liberal spectrum look dubious indeed.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 05:13 PM)hollodero Wrote: Wow, some comments really take it a step too far, including this one.

I'm the first one to think that US gun laws are crazy, different culture and all. But even I can fully understand that one does not like a list of gun owners with addresses and all to suddenly appear online with government approval. Even if one sees that differently, one can at least acknowledge that this is not a crazy complaint to have. No need to paint these grievances as coming from a freak or someone who wants to shoot innocents or hurt infants. I mean, come on.

I would disagree with the OP as to all democrats without exception deserving mistrust following this. But answers like these make the liberal spectrum look dubious indeed.

Calling a pig a pig isn't wrong, it's just an observation.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 04:19 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yeah, we get it. You're a gun freak far more than you ever were a Democrat. Shocking. How many guns do you own?

You understand the advantage of having a gun that can't be connected to you if you are a criminal, right?  They don't have to risk their lives.  Burglars, for the most part, like to break in when nobody is home.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 05:15 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Calling a pig a pig isn't wrong, it's just an observation.

Geeze, it's almost as if a cop banged your wife or something...... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 05:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You understand the advantage of having a gun that can't be connected to you if you are a criminal, right?  They don't have to risk their lives.  Burglars, for the most part, like to break in when nobody is home.  

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/addyston/ex-addyston-police-chief-sentenced-to-3-years-probation-for-illegally-trafficking-machine-guns

Or get in on the pipeline of machine guns this police chief illegally trafficked and got busted. Ended up with a whopping 3 years of probation.

Or in my state, Ohio, if you buy a gun from a private seller there is no background check or registration. Wouldn’t even have to burglarize anything. Just arrange a sale with a private seller. Then once you have the gun rob them for your money back
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 05:15 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Calling a pig a pig isn't wrong, it's just an observation.

So just to be clear, your position is that it is perfectly fine to imply a gun-owing cop that doesn't want his name and address published is a freak and potential killer who wants to raid houses and gun down innocent people. Oh, and infants.

I put that in the record as such. Speaks for itself really.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 06:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: So just to be clear, your position is that it is perfectly fine to imply a gun-owing cop that doesn't want his name and address published is a freak and potential killer who wants to raid houses and gun down innocent people. Oh, and infants.

Pretty far leap to take based on what I said but sure - whatever gets you through the day.
Reply/Quote

One.

Quote:This is the first that I've heard of this. I grew up in a trailer park around a lot of criminals and I found it to be quite the opposite. In fact, I don't like the listing because if I don't have a gun, I wouldn't want all the criminals knowing it's safer to break in my house because a knife or a baseball bat is my best defense.

Look up "flocking crews."  A large percentage of burglaries, at least in the LA area, are committed by organized groups who case neighborhoods for weeks before hitting a ton of houses in a row over the course of several hours.  Their priorities are guns, cash, jewelry and electronics in that order.  The fall off between cash and jewelry is pretty steep as the criminals can fence the gold, but the gemstones, eg.g. diamonds are all laser engraved and can't be sold secondhand.

Quote:And I wasn't aware that getting a gun is so difficult in America that criminals feel the need to risk their lives stealing them from registered gun owners. But, I live in Alaska where people are shocked when someone says that they don't own a gun. Yeah, I know of gun thefts happening, but usually on break-ins by people that didn't need a list to know the owner had guns and where they were, aka "knew the victim and the house". Most guns that my friends own are registered and in gun safes when the owner is not at home. 

It's not, but they don't want firearms that can be traced back to them.  We'll frequently pull a gun off a dude and find it has bodies on it over the course of several years in different states.

Quote:But, I'm currently not a paranoid gun owner so I don't know or understand the fears that run your life.

You certainly don't as they don't exist.  Hell, I frequently don't carry off duty and I'm allowed to carry at all times.  I guess today is make shit up about SSF day.

You were right earlier when you said you're not Brad.  I honestly think at this point you're worse.  

(06-29-2022, 04:54 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Wouldn't they already have access to a list like that? Would the Police really need for it to be released to the public?

Yes they would and no they wouldn't.  This was a purely political act to dox legal gun owners.  They know they screwed up because the site has been down since the story broke.  Class action lawsuit incoming.
Reply/Quote

(06-29-2022, 05:52 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Projection is a favored tactic of the modern conservative dingbat.

What was his rank and why couldn't you bring your wife to cum?

(06-29-2022, 06:09 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Pretty far leap to take based on what I said but sure - whatever gets you through the day.

Did someone hack your account or did you suffer a major head injury?  
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 05:13 PM)hollodero Wrote: Wow, some comments really take it a step too far, including this one.

(06-29-2022, 06:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: So just to be clear, your position is that it is perfectly fine to imply a gun-owing cop that doesn't want his name and address published is a freak and potential killer who wants to raid houses and gun down innocent people. Oh, and infants.

Yeah, not sure what happened, but he's turned into quite the obnoxious clown today.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 06:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Did someone hack your account or did you suffer a major head injury?  

Oh no I'm golden. I'm just tired of being empathetic to people who lack empathy.

Empathy is what you have when you don't see everyone as an enemy. I know as a cop it's a foreign concept, so I figured I'd add this for clarity.

Edit: I noticed you haven't said shit to the nonsense Sled is spewing, so I guess birds of a feather and all that.
Reply/Quote