Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Garbage California AG doxes legal gun owners and CCW's
(06-29-2022, 07:51 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: TO WHO?!

But in all honesty, I should probably apologize to some folks. Apparently I had a lot of pent up energy that came out as hostility. Now that I've gotten my evening run in, I'm kind of laughing at myself for being such a twat. 

It probably won't mean anything, but I felt obligated to post it. I am still irritated at the state of the country and the BS the SCotUS is pulling (now they've eroded the barrier between NA sovereignty and states, so that sucks), but I probably shouldn't have lashed out here.

Ah well.

Hate Has No Home Here*

*As long as exercise has occurred.
Reply/Quote
A Message from the Management

Please do not post your full name and address or other personal information anywhere on the boards.

Thank you!

(Note: It is okay to send them to someone by PM if you desire).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 10:09 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: A Message from the Management

Please do not post your full name and address or other personal information anywhere on the boards.

Thank you!

But why, it's no big deal according to some?

[Image: abell46s-reface.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 10:09 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: A Message from the Management

Thank you!

Cool

But in all seriousness most of us could be found quite easily, even without the help of the police.

We're all on all kinds of lists and government sites.  It's only the gun owners (and minority of those) who use the slippery slope argument to insist their right to privacy must be held sacrosanct above all else.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: Cool

But in all seriousness most of us could be found quite easily, even without the help of the police.

We're all on all kinds of lists and government sites.  It's only the gun owners (and minority of those) who use the slippery slope argument to insist their right to privacy must be held sacrosanct above all else.

Nothing to do with being sacrosanct.  It's intentionally pointing them out.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Nothing to do with being sacrosanct.  It's intentionally pointing them out.  

Again for one thing.  We're all on a list for something that is easily found on the web.

It's only a thing because gun owners have been scared into believing the government is going to come take their guns.

Even if they only own "one".
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: Again for one thing.  We're all on a list for something that is easily found on the web.

It's only a thing because gun owners have been scared into believing the government is going to come take their guns.

Even if they only own "one".

You keep talking about these lists.  Which government lists are you on, and why?  What is the purpose of revealing the name and address of gun owners?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:28 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You keep talking about these lists.  Which government lists are you on, and why?  What is the purpose of revealing the name and address of gun owners?

Taxes, social security, voter roll, driver, birth, TPD, Ohio CCW, USPS - mostly just for existing in America, some for petty crimes as a minor, others by choice.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:28 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You keep talking about these lists.  Which government lists are you on, and why?  What is the purpose of revealing the name and address of gun owners?

What's the purpose of not?  I don't think they guys who open carry when they go for their morning coffee care that people know they own guns.

(06-30-2022, 09:31 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Taxes, social security, voter roll, driver, birth, TPD, Ohio CCW, USPS - mostly just for existing in America, some for petty crimes as a minor, others by choice.

This.  Plus lots more.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:31 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Taxes, social security, voter roll, driver, birth, TPD, Ohio CCW, USPS - mostly just for existing in America, some for petty crimes as a minor, others by choice.

Available to the public, and why?

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: What's the purpose of not?  I don't think they guys who open carry when they go for their morning coffee care that people know they own guns.

This.  Plus lots more.

The purpose of not?  That's not how it works.  It's OK to occasionally disagree with people you generally agree with.

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:39 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The purpose of not?  That's not how it works.  It's OK to occasionally disagree with people you generally agree with.

I mean if we have all these other lists why are gun owners a special class?  Putting aside the proposed reason that crooks deliberately try to break into homes with guns.

I mean all those homes that have these signs...are they worried about being on a list of gun owners?

[Image: 71-U9tzj-Km-RL-AC-SX679.jpg]

[Image: 8554578a-f990-47e1-b81d-abe13e829dfb-b3f...69856e.jpg]

[Image: gun-owner-signage.jpg]

[Image: s-l400.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Available to the public, and why?

Pretty sure anyone who knows my name can look up my address and voter information; especially in Ohio since you only need to know my name and county. My criminal record is expunged, so I don't think that's available outside of those mugshot websites (especially since I never bothered filling out their ridiculous prerequisites to have myself removed). 

Don't misunderstand me - I'm not happy California released this list AT ALL. SSF and I have discussed on many occasions how bullshit California is towards gun owners and this isn't exactly a vote of confidence in their leadership. I was simply pointing out the first government lists that came to mind that I feel like most people would be on (sans the Ohio CCW).
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 10:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: I mean if we have all these other lists why are gun owners a special class?  Putting aside the proposed reason that crooks deliberately try to break into homes with guns.

I mean all those homes that have these signs...are they worried about being on a list of gun owners?

[Image: 71-U9tzj-Km-RL-AC-SX679.jpg]

[Image: 8554578a-f990-47e1-b81d-abe13e829dfb-b3f...69856e.jpg]

[Image: gun-owner-signage.jpg]

[Image: s-l400.jpg]
You mean people who choose on their own?  Making a public list of people is done for a reason.  What's the reason?

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 10:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You mean people who choose on their own?  Making a public list of people is done for a reason.  What's the reason?

Kinda my point about how most don't care.

From SSF's link:

Quote:“Transparency is key to increasing public trust between law enforcement and the communities we serve,” said Attorney General Bonta. “As news of tragic mass shootings continue to dominate the news cycle, leaving many with feelings of fear and uncertainty, we must do everything we can to prevent gun violence. One of my continued priorities is to better provide information needed to help advance efforts that strengthen California’s commonsense gun laws. Today’s announcement puts power and information into the hands of our communities by helping them better understand the role and potential dangers of firearms within our state.” 

DOJ seeks to balance its duties to provide gun violence and firearms data to support research efforts while protecting the personal identifying information in the data the Department collects and maintains. Data-driven research plays a critical role in keeping Californians safe by informing and shaping our commonsense gun laws. With today’s announcement, Attorney General Bonta is improving accessibility and functionality of the existing firearms database with expanded information in a comprehensive data dashboard. The dashboard includes data from the past decade when available on the following subjects:

(bold mine)

I mean it's right there.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 10:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: Kinda my point about how most don't care.

From SSF's link:

(bold mine)

I mean it's right there.

Good lord, you'll really swallow, with a smile, any load of crap that the Democratic party will spoon feed you.  Then you accuse right leaning people of lacking in logic and common sense.  If that was the case, why did the site get taken down, and remains down at the time of this typing?  Because they got caught with their arm in the cookie jar up to the shoulder and they know it.  

In regard to your facile arguments about being on other "lists", none of those "lists" are of legal gun owners and their address.  All your other attempts at obscuring the issue, open carriers, people who put dumb signs on their house, are instances of people volunteering this information.  It's the same difference as you telling a person about your medical issues on your own and your doctor volunteering that information without your permission.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 10:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: Kinda my point about how most don't care.

From SSF's link:

(bold mine)

I mean it's right there.

Oh I read it.  It was a bunch of nonsense that didn't actually say anything.

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 10:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Good lord, you'll really swallow, with a smile, any load of crap that the Democratic party will spoon feed you.  Then you accuse right leaning people of lacking in logic and common sense.  If that was the case, why did the site get taken down, and remains down at the time of this typing?  Because they got caught with their arm in the cookie jar up to the shoulder and they know it.  

In regard to your facile arguments about being on other "lists", none of those "lists" are of legal gun owners and their address.  All your other attempts at obscuring the issue, open carriers, people who put dumb signs on their house, are instances of people volunteering this information.  It's the same difference as you telling a person about your medical issues on your own and your doctor volunteering that information without your permission.

Well duh none of the other lists are of gun owners.  That is a separate list.  Smirk

I mean I don't know why it is down.  I didn't care that it was up or down.  Did they say they took it down for legal reasons or was there another reason?  Or no reason given at all?
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 11:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well duh none of the other lists are of gun owners.  That is a separate list.  Smirk

I mean I don't know why it is down.  I didn't care that it was up or down.  Did they say they took it down for legal reasons or was there another reason?  Or no reason given at all?

You have the same access to Google as I do.  

https://abc30.com/gun-owners-personal-information-california-weapons-permit-californi-hack-concealed-carry-weapon/12002334/#:~:text=%22This%20unauthorized%20release%20of%20personal,it%20learned%20about%20the%20breach.

"This unauthorized release of personal information is unacceptable and falls far short of my expectations for this department," said Attorney General Rob Bonta.

Bonta has launched an investigation into the data breach.

The DOJ shut down parts of its website once it learned about the breach.

And if you believe that, bridge to sell something something.  I'm sure Bonta's fierce investigation will produce publicly revealed results any day now.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 11:24 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You have the same access to Google as I do.  

https://abc30.com/gun-owners-personal-information-california-weapons-permit-californi-hack-concealed-carry-weapon/12002334/#:~:text=%22This%20unauthorized%20release%20of%20personal,it%20learned%20about%20the%20breach.

"This unauthorized release of personal information is unacceptable and falls far short of my expectations for this department," said Attorney General Rob Bonta.

Bonta has launched an investigation into the data breach.

The DOJ shut down parts of its website once it learned about the breach.

And if you believe that, bridge to sell something something.  I'm sure Bonta's fierce investigation will produce publicly revealed results any day now.  Hilarious

I do have the same access...I don't have the same level of caring.

I'm sure they will conduct an investigation as thoroughly and fairly as when the police investigate one of their own.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote