Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garoppolo traded to 49ers for 2nd Round pick
Wow. Tom Brady is now the ONLY QB on their roster.

The Bengals are in a similar situation with McCarron...and haven't traded him. But IF the Patriots only got a 2nd for their QB...I doubt McCarron would fetch the same.
Reply/Quote
Considering our next game is against Jacksonville and their sacking defense this probably wouldn't be the week to trade AJ anyway

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 09:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wow. Tom Brady is now the ONLY QB on their roster.

The Bengals are in a similar situation with McCarron...and haven't traded him. But IF the Patriots only got a 2nd for their QB...I doubt McCarron would fetch the same.

Mike Brown has ruined any potential trade value for McCarron. He's probably an UFA after this season and Brown will jizz his pants in excitement for the compensatory pick we get for McCarron leaving.

I believe it was debunked that we were once offered and a 1st and 4th for McCarron. If that was a legit offer, Mike Brown continues to prove his ignorance. Then we heard about the offer of a 2nd before this year's draft. Again, helluva return on investment and should've sent him packing. If that was a legit offer, Brown is even dumber than we all thought. If either of those offers were legit, McCarron should've been long gone.

I guarantee that even with this trade, Brown will not come down off of his at least 1st round demand for McCarron.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Imagine AJM going to another team next season and tearing it up; and dalton continuing to struggle. That would suck. Funny thing is i can totally see that happening.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 10:37 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Imagine AJM going to another team next season and tearing it up; and dalton continuing to struggle. That would suck. Funny thing is i can totally see that happening.

AJM isn't as good as Dalton,  and I dislike Dalton.   That being said I hope we some how get Josh Allen.
Reply/Quote
If jax offered their 2nd rounder this past draft we were stupid for not taking it
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 10:44 PM)ah5 Wrote: That being said I hope we some how get Josh Allen.

But why? He's terrible
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 09:48 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Mike Brown has ruined any potential trade value for McCarron. He's probably an UFA after this season and Brown will jizz his pants in excitement for the compensatory pick we get for McCarron leaving.

I believe it was debunked that we were once offered and a 1st and 4th for McCarron. If that was a legit offer, Mike Brown continues to prove his ignorance. Then we heard about the offer of a 2nd before this year's draft. Again, helluva return on investment and should've sent him packing. If that was a legit offer, Brown is even dumber than we all thought. If either of those offers were legit, McCarron should've been long gone.

I guarantee that even with this trade, Brown will not come down off of his at least 1st round demand for McCarron.

i don;t think AJ will win the UFA tag.. also Garoppolo was walking at end of year so that hurt NE trade value.. Finally SF will have like 34 pick.. so this is more like a 1st round pick than a 2nd round... 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 10:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: But why? He's terrible

False. 
Reply/Quote
During the draft the Browns offered the Pats the same deal they just accepted from the 49ers...so time can change what a team will do

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 10:58 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If jax offered their 2nd rounder this past draft we were stupid for not taking it

Cam Robinson pick...
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 11:02 PM)ah5 Wrote: False. 

Based on his bad completion percentage? His sloppy footwork?
He's got the look down. But not much else. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 11:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Based on his bad completion percentage? His sloppy footwork?
He's got the look down. But not much else. 

He has everything that can't be taught.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 11:09 PM)ah5 Wrote: He has everything that can't be taught.

So he's tall. Got it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 11:09 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So he's tall. Got it. 

Sure
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 11:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Cam Robinson pick...

Yep.  Forrest lamp was still available.  Dion Dawkins.  
Reply/Quote
Funny how teams that win more big games than we do are also the ones making the bold moves we won't.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 09:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wow. Tom Brady is now the ONLY QB on their roster.

Pats are rolling the dice. But make no mistake, technically a 2nd round but to a winless team so likely 1st or 2nd pick in round 2.

Rumor was they were offered at 1st and 3rd prior to the draft so goes to tell you rumors are just that rumprs.

AJM is a 2nd round at best or a comp. 3rd if we keep him
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 11:09 PM)ah5 Wrote: He has everything that can't be taught.

So did David Klingler and Akili Smith. Josh Allen has all the physical ability in the world. What he doesn’t have is consistency or the ability to consistently dominate the mid major teams Wyoming plays each week. He’s the classic elite measurables boom or bust pick.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 11:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Pats are rolling the dice. But make no mistake, technically a 2nd round but to a winless team so likely 1st or 2nd pick in round 2.

Rumor was they were offered at 1st and 3rd prior to the draft so goes to tell you rumors are just that rumprs.

AJM is a 2nd round at best or a comp. 3rd if we keep him

They'll grab Hoyer off the scrap-heap since the 49ers cut him.  Hoyer knows their system, they have a bye coming up, and if he has to play he can hold down the fort.  They get a 2nd round pick from a team that is 0-7 and may very well make that pick #34 overall.  Consider that NE often has 1st round picks that are #32nd overall and you can see the appeal.

Hanging on to Grapoloopaloploups only pays off if Brady gets hurt between now and the SB.
Reply/Quote