Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrin Simmons Subs for Marvin Lewis
Big Grin 
Hello my fellow Bengal fans.Marvin Lewis may miss a couple days of practice due to a minor health problem.
I take it as good omens that:
1. Special Teams coach gets to lead instead of Paul Alexander ( this aint no pie eating contest ).Maybe PA wont automatically become the next headcoach
2.Willie Anderson,Anthony Munoz, and Dave Lapham are all participating in helping our Bengals improve:andy:

Any thoughts ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 06:08 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Hello my fellow Bengal fans.Marvin Lewis may miss a couple days of practice due to a minor health problem.
1.  Special Teams coach gets to lead instead of Paul Alexander ( this aint no pie eating contest ).Maybe PA wont automatically become the next headcoach
2.Willie Anderson,Anthony Munoz, and Dave Lapham are all participating in helping our Bengals improve:andy:

Any thoughts ?

Guenther is supposedly the coach in waiting. There's no way Alexander would be considered.

re: Alexander - I don't think he's a terrible coach. I think that you can't expect a coach to take 4th Round picks and make them starters. Look, the Bengals typically don't start their 1st Round picks in Year 1 or Year 2. Yet...they draft Bodine in the 4th Round and start him. The Bengals need to dip into free agency and not expect their coaches to perform miracles.

I think it's great that Anderson, Munoz, and Lapham are helping out. Having your best franchise players around is always a great thing!
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 06:08 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Hello my fellow Bengal fans.Marvin Lewis may miss a couple days of practice due to a minor health problem.
1.  Special Teams coach gets to lead instead of Paul Alexander ( this aint no pie eating contest ).Maybe PA wont automatically become the next headcoach

Any thoughts ?

If there is one Coach on the Staff I think can succeed as Head Coach if they had to replace marvin mid season for some reason

I'd roll with Darrin Simmons.

Special Team coach deals with all position group type players.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 10:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Guenther is supposedly the coach in waiting. There's no way Alexander would be considered.

Guenther maybe the coach in waiting but PA has been listed as the assistant head coach for several years now.Who knows who ownership  would consider for the top coaching job here ? Smirk ( after Marvin )
Reply/Quote

Any thoughts ?

Hell yes.  Bring it on.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 04:19 PM)McC Wrote: Hell yes.  Bring it on.  

Long overdue to have our standout ex players contribute . ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 10:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If there is one Coach on the Staff I think can succeed as Head Coach if they had to replace marvin mid season for some reason

I'd roll with Darrin Simmons.

Special Team coach deals with all position group type players.

Agreed ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 05:31 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Long overdue to have our standout ex players contribute . ThumbsUp
Especially when one of them is one of the greatest players of all time.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Any thoughts ?

SouPerbowLLzzzz!!!!

j/k. i only have a minute to post and this is what i chose to do with it...

:evilgrin:

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Any thoughts ?

They say there isn't much to this but Darrin Simmons has always been a fine ST's coach and he should definately
be in the discussion for our next HC. PA? Hell no. Guenther and Urban are also fine coaches.

BTW, love seeing Willie, Munoz and Lap working with our young Tackles. Man would it be cool if one of these guys
took over PA's job.

Rock On
Reply/Quote