Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gary Kubiak could be back in picture
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/12/gary-kubiak-leave-broncos-bengals-coordinator/

I think this would be an excellent scenario for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't hurt to bring him in for an interview, but we are kinda stuck until the Rams are eliminated. I'd like Taylor to have a hand in picking his staff.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 12:49 AM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/12/gary-kubiak-leave-broncos-bengals-coordinator/

I think this would be an excellent scenario for the Bengals.

Agreed.  This man lives and dies by the pick play...barely legal, but legal if done right.  Of course, it will probably be flagged here, but I love how he isn't afraid to run the same play over and over until a team adjusts and is able to stop  it.  

See how the Pats screened the Chargers to death yesterday?

The Bengals seem to out-think themselves and never go the well twice when something works.  (see the TE screen).  

I hope Kubiak is the hire.  Former HC, aggressive, former QB, hates the steelers (ok, I added the last part).

Checks every box.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 09:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  This man lives and dies by the pick play...barely legal, but legal if done right.  Of course, it will probably be flagged here, but I love how he isn't afraid to run the same play over and over until a team adjusts and is able to stop  it.  

The Bengals seem to out-think themselves and never go the well twice when something works.  (see the TE screen).  

I hope Kubiak is the hire.  Former HC, aggressive, former QB, hates the steelers (ok, I added the last part).

Checks every box.  

I always liked and respected Kubiak. I would love for us t interview him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 09:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  This man lives and dies by the pick play...barely legal, but legal if done right.  Of course, it will probably be flagged here, but I love how he isn't afraid to run the same play over and over until a team adjusts and is able to stop  it.  

Checks every box.  

And he's also a running game expert.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:48 AM)McC Wrote: And he's also a running game expert.

Yes, and if memory serves, he didn't have a ton of first rounders on that offensive line, but he got them to produce in the rushing attack.
Reply/Quote
I'm more concerned with the DC position then OC. There are still some options left at OC. DC is slim pickings if we were looking for a seasoned VET to go with the young coach.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 12:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm more concerned with the DC position then OC. There are still some options left at OC. DC is slim pickings if we were looking for a seasoned VET to go with the young coach.

Is Del Rio still available?

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 12:03 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Is Del Rio still available?

I believe he is.  The only thing I can find is that he was a candidate for the USC HC job but that was back in November.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 12:03 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Is Del Rio still available?

I gotta think he's at least as good as Vance Joseph, who got a job in no time.

Reply/Quote
Del Rio may be retired. He hasn't been mentioned at all (as a candidate for DC/HC around the league) and with Marvin gone he has no ties or reason to come out of retirement to Cinci.

The DC pick is going to be a surprise (unknown) pick and hopefully the right call. I was hoping they'd go with the young offensive minded HC, with the past HC DC but those options just aren't there anymore.

Reply/Quote
Browns hiring Steve Wilks as DC and Todd Monken at OC.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Browns are no longer swinging and missing.

They are playoff bound in 2019. I know their fans are ecstatic.

Reply/Quote
Most teams with HC candidates going to the Superbowl, go ahead and hire the staff (sure they may get burned like the Colts "did").

With the Bengals scared to get in trouble, they haven't even begin to talk to Taylor (let alone his potential staff). Hopefully Taylor is taking some time to call and line them up and ask them to wait a couple weeks.

With the Bengals acting as tho their hands are tied, he's probably getting his first idea of the "challenges" working for this franchise.

It's still good Taylor is getting all this playoff experience, but with the Bengals not willing to talk to anyone until after the season ends, the assistant coaches on both sides of the ball are all slim picking now.

2019 may be a wash and then he'll get the staff he really wanted next year.

Reply/Quote
There is obviously interest here since they tried to interview him. Maybe he is the new HCs choice for OC....call the man.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 12:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Most teams with HC candidates going to the Superbowl, go ahead and hire the staff (sure they may get burned like the Colts "did").

With the Bengals scared to get in trouble, they haven't even begin to talk to Taylor (let alone his potential staff). Hopefully Taylor is taking some time to call and line them up and ask them to wait a couple weeks.

With the Bengals acting as tho their hands are tied, he's probably getting his first idea of the "challenges" working for this franchise.

It's still good Taylor is getting all this playoff experience, but with the Bengals not willing to talk to anyone until after the season ends, the assistant coaches on both sides of the ball are all slim picking now.

2019 may be a was and then he'll get the staff he really wanted next year.

Saying they haven't talked is just people keeping things under cover to fake like they are following the rules. They asked to talk to Kubiak for OC over a week ago, that wasn't done for no reason. My guess is there is a good idea who Taylor wants, maybe it is his brother, and we will learn more as the week moves along.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 12:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Browns are no longer swinging and missing.

They are playoff bound in 2019. I know their fans are ecstatic.

I wouldn't go that far. Give them time to prove they won't implode haha. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 01:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: Saying they haven't talked is just people keeping things under cover to fake like they are following the rules. They asked to talk to Kubiak for OC over a week ago, that wasn't done for no reason. My guess is there is a good idea who Taylor wants, maybe it is his brother, and we will learn more as the week moves along.

I don’t mind his brother being on the staff but I want nothing to do with him being a coordinator. We need to find a way to do exactly what the browns just did, surround a first time head coach with coordinators that have experience. And we are running out of candidates and time to do that.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 01:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: Saying they haven't talked is just people keeping things under cover to fake like they are following the rules. They asked to talk to Kubiak for OC over a week ago, that wasn't done for no reason. My guess is there is a good idea who Taylor wants, maybe it is his brother, and we will learn more as the week moves along.

Bevell is likely who he wants (but even that is based off a rumor, and the Bengals haven't even requested to interview him for an OC position which they could do if they knew he was the choice even if they don't hire him yet). Kubiak was an OC candidate when Joseph was a leading HC candidate from their time in Denver.

Although through Sherman, I'm sure Taylor knows of Kubiak, so you can't write him off. He's got an interview set up with Jacksonville tomorrow so it's not sounding like Taylor has been on the phone with him asking him to wait.

Reply/Quote
Kubiak is who I wanted for HC, but he doesn't want the pressure. I would love to have him here as OC.
Reply/Quote