Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Attack In Syria
(04-10-2018, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For additional context Trump was hosting a celebrity reality TV and hosting Beauty Pageants in 2013. Anyone who took note of his political thoughts back then really needed to adjust the folks they were paying attention to. 

I'm just spitballing here but the more important point may be what the Obama administration do in response to this attack not what a celebrity tweeted.   

If you say so.

Seems to me the current POTUS doesn't take personal blame for anything and his supporters cover for him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-10-2018, 06:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Call me crazy, but yeah, I put very little stock into anything Donald Trump said 5 years ago while he was hosting a reality talk show.

BTW you mistyped everything you accidentally put in anything. Hell ,I know I criticize a good deal of what Trump does, just not sure if I'm willing to entertain quotes from him before he ever had a job in politics; I understand I am in the minority here on that POV. 

Unfortunately people elected a grossly under-qualified and morally reprehensible reality show host as our President and the things he has done and the things he has said mold who he is right now sitting in the most important office ever. It gives us context to the actions he takes and the things he says, even if people think it is petty to scrutinize erratic behavior from the president. 

We were told to wait for a 70 year old narcissist to be changed by this position before questioning what he said and did. 15 months in, not much has changed, and moving forward, we should evaluate his character and motives to determine why he does what he does.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-10-2018, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For additional context Trump was hosting a celebrity reality TV and hosting Beauty Pageants in 2013. Anyone who took note of his political thoughts back then really needed to adjust the folks they were paying attention to. 

I'm just spitballing here but the more important point may be what the Obama administration do in response to this attack not what a celebrity tweeted.   

Yes, more important--until that celebrity's tweets/"thoughts" got him elected president. 
(04-10-2018, 07:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Unfortunately people elected a grossly under-qualified and morally reprehensible reality show host as our President and the things he has done and the things he has said mold who he is right now sitting in the most important office ever. It gives us context to the actions he takes and the things he says, even if people think it is petty to scrutinize erratic behavior from the president. 

We were told to wait for a 70 year old narcissist to be changed by this position before questioning what he said and did. 15 months in, not much has changed, and moving forward, we should evaluate his character and motives to determine why he does what he does.

Can't disagree with much you said; unfortunately, it does not address the points I made; it just sorts goes off on an all too familiar tangent

I don't care what he tweeted in 2013 about political policy

There are folks (many right here in the very forum) that complain about everything POTUS does. You and others may find it constructive and/or that you are fulfilling  noble cause. However, many folks just find it petty as they continue to carry on with life and realize we're just a couple years away from another election cycle.

Who knows maybe the "smart" people will get it right this time. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-10-2018, 07:29 PM)Dill Wrote: Yes, more important--until that celebrity's tweets/"thoughts" got him elected president.
I pretty much willing to bet that anything he tweeted about on Syrian policy in 2013 did absolutely nothing to get him elected; apparently you and others disagree. 

(04-10-2018, 08:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I pretty much willing to bet that anything he tweeted about on Syrian policy in 2013 did absolutely nothing to get him elected; apparently you and others disagree. 

What did he tweet in 2013 that was substantially different from what he tweeted in 2016?

Did his views on Middle East policy evolve?

Something got him elected--and it wasn't is policy knowledge of Syria.

I think nothing changed between 2013-16. Apparently you and others disagree.
(04-10-2018, 08:13 PM)Dill Wrote: 1) What did he tweet in 2013 that was substantially different from what he tweeted in 2016?

2) Something got him elected--and it wasn't is policy knowledge of Syria.

3) I think nothing changed between 2013-16. Apparently you and others disagree.

1) Who knows, post some and we can discuss 

2) Most likely because the Dems trotted out the most unelectable candidate ever and could not be swayed to rethink their stance. Oh and the red hat helped

3) I think plenty has changed between 2013-2016; so guilty as charged. 

(04-10-2018, 07:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Unfortunately people elected a grossly under-qualified and morally reprehensible reality show host as our President and the things he has done and the things he has said mold who he is right now sitting in the most important office ever. It gives us context to the actions he takes and the things he says, even if people think it is petty to scrutinize erratic behavior from the president. 

And we do....and he has shown himself to be totally clueless.

Showing that he was a blowhard with no idea of what it takes to be President while he was tweeting two years ago or five years ago just adds to the confirmation that he is shallow and will disagree with someone purely for political purposes...then when faced with responsibility blames the other guy.

Wait, I'm starting to understand some posters in PNR now..... Hmm
(04-10-2018, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can't disagree with much you said; unfortunately, it does not address the points I made; it just sorts goes off on an all too familiar tangent

I don't care what he tweeted in 2013 about political policy

There are folks (many right here in the very forum) that complain about everything POTUS does. You and others may find it constructive and/or that you are fulfilling  noble cause. However, many folks just find it petty as they continue to carry on with life and realize we're just a couple years away from another election cycle.

Who knows maybe the "smart" people will get it right this time. 

It does address your point, you just disagree with it. Without me asking, you responded to my giving context to a tweet by telling me that his thoughts 5 years ago don't matter to you. I presented a case for why they are relevant. We can agree to disagree, but it undeniably was on topic.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-09-2018, 01:11 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Syrian Gas Attack Over Weekend

Backed by Russia, Syria is rather bold and Israel took action, even though it wasn't that much action.

What do you think should happen in Syria, what should the United States do about it?

Now the POTUs, who said we will not tell the enemy what we are doing, has been goaded into telling the enemy what we will be doing.

Putin said Russia will shoot down missles so Trump (sounding like Marty McFly when he's called a "chicken") ramps it up with a promise to shoot missiles.

And with Yosemite Sam sitting next to him I have no doubt that if they choose this path it will only embolden the Trump Admin (whoever is left in there) to make more war like decisions...that are fully telegraphed because Trump's ego is so large he can't stand being told what he can and cannot do ever.
Luckily (I'm told)  Trump rethought his "strategy" since then.   Mellow

This makes zero sense why would Assad do his when we were in the process of moving out or planning a move out? If he was going to do this wouldn’t it be smart to ensure we were gone. Something about this smells fishy. Mattis doesn’t even have concrete proof.
See, the problem is people don't THANK Trump (and the US) for all the good things we do!  

If people were just nicer to Trump and always told him how wonderful and smart and good looking and rich he is we wouldn't have this problem.   Mellow 
(04-11-2018, 11:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This makes zero sense why would Assad do his when we were in the process of moving out or planning a move out?  If he was going to do this wouldn’t it be smart to ensure we were gone.   Something about this smells fishy.  Mattis doesn’t even have concrete proof.

Because he's a crazy dictator intent on destroying his enemy and knows he has the backing of Putin and the Russians?  Added to the fact that with the knowledge that the US is pulling out there will be less resistance?  And even if the US does something now they will telegraph it to the Russians so no real damage is done?
(04-12-2018, 07:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Because he's a crazy dictator intent on destroying his enemy and knows he has the backing of Putin and the Russians?  Added to the fact that with the knowledge that the US is pulling out there will be less resistance?  And even if the US does something now they will telegraph it to the Russians so no real damage is done?

The thing about dictators is they like to stay in power. Using chemical weapons is almost always an express ticket out of power. Makes me wonder if he even did this, Syrian rebels may be fault here. It wouldn’t be the first time we backed animals.
(04-12-2018, 09:26 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The thing about dictators is they like to stay in power.  Using chemical weapons is almost always an express ticket out of power.

You didn't read the rest of my post.

Quote:...and knows he has the backing of Putin and the Russians?

(04-12-2018, 09:26 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Makes me wonder if he even did this, Syrian rebels may be fault here.  It wouldn’t  be the first time we backed animals.

Well, maybe you did since that is the Russian excuse answer too. Smirk
(04-12-2018, 09:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: You didn't read the rest of my post.

Well, maybe you did since that is the Russian excuse answer too. Smirk

I have long questioned the Syrian Rebels. When John McCain and Lindsey Graham start supporting something or someone my radar goes up.
(04-12-2018, 09:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have long questioned the Syrian Rebels.   When John McCain and Lindsey Graham start supporting something or someone my radar goes up.

You mean when the Russians say something you parrot it.

Congrats!  You support the side using chemical weapons on their own people.  
(04-10-2018, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't care what he tweeted in 2013 about political policy

Just like Trump predicted.

He claimed that he could say whatever he wanted to and his followers would blindly believe him even though he had said the exact opposit before.

Some people are willing to ignore anything and everything he ever said as long as he has an "R" beside his name.
My problem with Trump (one of many) is as an independent I don't mind different beliefs I just like to know what you believe, where you stand, and what your life philosophy and values are. We all can disagree. But at least you know who you are dealing with and where they stand. Trump is an empty vessel. He has nothing, no values, no morals, no philosophy. Hate to hurt his bases feelings but he's a liberal if anything, a Clinton supporter/donor and secretly a good friend of the family. Only reason he was against Obama is because he supported the Clintons and was upset they got defeated in 2008.

This is dangerous when it comes to foreign policy because if you are going to put our troops life in jeopardy, they need to know what you are fighting for. What the goal is, and believe you believe you are doing what is right and what you believe in.

A response to Syria needs to be legitimate, and not just a publicity stunt like the bombing of the empty airbase that was up and running again later in the day. War is serious business, and I'm not sold Trump has a legit plan other than trying to do the opposite of what Obama did. I actually agreed with his stance on being against stupid wars, but then he hired Bolton. So you just can't define who Trump is or what he genuinely stands for. You certainly can't risk you life for a man like that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22