Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Gas Prices Near You?
Mods can we please move this last post to the Jokes thread? It might help teach one side how to comedy.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
BP by me $4.95
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 05:19 PM)Interceptor Wrote: BP by me $4.95

Maybe it'd be cheaper if they didn't spill so much of their stock.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just hit $5 a gallon here.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 08:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just hit $5 a gallon here.

Average US gas price in the US is currently $4.91

Sounds “normal”

See how that’s done?
Reply/Quote
Yeah so this is a couple days old but I feel it's still kind of relevant to point out how narrow some people's scope of the world really is.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 07:12 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yeah so this is a couple days old but I feel it's still kind of relevant to point out how narrow some people's scope of the world really is.

While I agree with you 100%, most people don't give two craps about the rest of the world outside of their own backyard.  Nuclear is great until they want to put a plant within your sight range.  Windmills are an awesome concept until they want to put some on the hill behind your house.  Yadda yadda yadda......
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 07:12 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yeah so this is a couple days old but I feel it's still kind of relevant to point out how narrow some people's scope of the world really is.

Does this mean we need another Muslim president?
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 10:04 AM)Stewy Wrote: While I agree with you 100%, most people don't give two craps about the rest of the world outside of their own backyard.  Nuclear is great until they want to put a plant within your sight range.  Windmills are an awesome concept until they want to put some on the hill behind your house.  Yadda yadda yadda......

Oh trust me - I know that fact very well. Still it doesn't hurt to at least try and get them to see a wider scope of the world.

Folks are still capable of change in this day and age. Just gotta stay patient with some of them.
Reply/Quote
$5.09 and I don't give a crap what it is in other countries. I don't buy gas in Germany.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 05:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: $5.09 and I don't give a crap what it is in other countries. I don't buy gas in Germany.

The global look is for the "Biden dun done dis" group. 

Personally, I miss the Clinton era gas prices.  I could really go for some predatory perjury and 95 cent gas right about now!
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 05:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The global look is for the "Biden dun done dis" group. 

Personally, I miss the Clinton era gas prices.  I could really go for some predatory perjury and 95 cent gas right about now!

I keep forgetting it’s just part of the incredible transition away from fossil fuels. Don’t get the math but hey…

As for Clinton gas prices I remember I was driving somewhere in Eastern Oh I think and saw $.98. Had like half a tank but still stopped so I could see the gallons higher than the dollars.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

The vast majority of those nations actually have good public transportation though. A lot of America doesn't and people have to rely on their cars to get around.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 11:56 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The vast majority of those nations actually have good public transportation though. A lot of America doesn't and people have to rely on their cars to get around.

That's individual. Products don't get delivered via public transportation. Rising fuel prices means rising prices on food and goods.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 11:56 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The vast majority of those nations actually have good public transportation though. A lot of America doesn't and people have to rely on their cars to get around.

Well that's what happens when you legalize bribery, er lobbying.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 07:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I keep forgetting it’s just part of the incredible transition away from fossil fuels. Don’t get the math but hey…

As for Clinton gas prices I remember I was driving somewhere in Eastern Oh I think and saw $.98. Had like half a tank but still stopped so I could see the gallons higher than the dollars.

I got gas for $.99 a gallon in March of 2020... Paying for it now though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
$4.89 and climbing here. The last time we saw gas prices over $4 was when Obama was president. I wonder why....actually I dont wonder why, its obvious to anyone who understand basic economics. Sadly, very few do.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 01:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: These are all within about a mile from me:

[Image: 285540618_10224124299107864_220420355277...e=629CDAFA]

How are they near you?

Even if you can afford to drive to the grocery store, are grocery prices as high as they are here?

If you voted for Biden, are you still happy?

Neither Trump nor Biden are responsible for gas prices being what they are/were.
In fact, many presidents get blamed for a lack of things getting done because of the way Congress operates.
And I don't think it's right for a president to try to strong-arm Congress into doing what he/she wants either.
Officials in government need to learn how to make compromises to get sufficient agreement in order to get things done.

This continual divisiveness isn't helping anyone. It's just keeping things the same, or in some cases making things worse.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2022, 09:37 PM)bengaloo Wrote: $4.89 and climbing here. The last time we saw gas prices over $4 was when Obama was president. I wonder why....actually I dont wonder why, its obvious to anyone who understand basic economics. Sadly, very few do.

Gas prices were also lower during part of Obama's terms than they were under Trump.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/

The retail price of gasoline in the US was $2.14 in 2016, which Obama was still president.
Gas was also at $2.35 in 2009.

Gas prices during Trump's term were all higher than $2.14 until COVID hit and forced prices to drop since hardly anyone was driving.

The reason for gas prices being where they are has always been corporations setting the price to what consumers are willing and able to pay.
It's true that it's supply and demand to an extent, but because so many people drive gas-powered vehicles, the demand will always be relatively high unless people start driving less.
Currently, even though demand is increasing, oil producers have not increased production of oil to match. They have the ability to do it though.
Quote:Troy Vincent, a senior market analyst at energy analysis firm DTN, says the Russian invasion isn't the only factor.

Demand for gas plummeted during the pandemic, causing oil producers to put the brakes on production. Even though demand is nearing pre-pandemic levels, producers are still gun-shy about increasing production. In April, OPEC fell short of its targeted production increase by 2.7 million barrels a day.

Stores of domestic gasoline decreased by 800 trillion barrels last week, according to the EIA. Meanwhile, as the summer driving season continues, demand grew from 8.99 million to 9.2 million barrels a day.

"This dynamic between decreased supply and increased demand is contributing to rising prices at the pump," AAA said in a June 13 statement. "Coupled with increasing crude oil prices, this means that the price of gas will likely remain elevated for the near future."
https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/heres-why-gas-prices-are-so-high-and-why-they-wont-be-going-down-anytime-soon/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 03:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Neither Trump nor Biden are responsible for gas prices being what they are/were.
In fact, many presidents get blamed for a lack of things getting done because of the way Congress operates.
And I don't think it's right for a president to try to strong-arm Congress into doing what he/she wants either.
Officials in government need to learn how to make compromises to get sufficient agreement in order to get things done.

This continual divisiveness isn't helping anyone. It's just keeping things the same, or in some cases making things worse.

This is such BS. A President cannot take office on day 1, declare war on fossil fuels, start shutting down pipelines, close drilling on public lands, stop issuing exploration permits and drilling leases, piss off OPEC over coddling Iran, and then accept no blame when costs go up. 

Reply/Quote