Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gays on Gays intolerance
(06-14-2015, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because the one that said it was just between the 2 was different from the guy that said a lot of people were yelling.

In case you are unaware; sometimes eyewitness accounts contradict each other; however, neither stated that Mati was thrown out for yelling at the owner. That's just something you made up in your head in an excuse to defend discrimination. To add to this one of the patrons boasted on facebook that they applauded when Mati was kicked out. I suppose it is your right to defend these actions if you wish

The man stated he was thrown out because the owner disagreed with his thoughts and beliefs. But for some reason you consider him a liar and say it was because he was yelling at the owner.   

Neither said he was kicked out for his beliefs either, just Mati...

So we have 3 statements. 2 from third parties and 1 from the guy who was "asked to leave". The two third party sources say both sides were in a heated exchange, they just disagree over the number of people involved. Both state that Mati was involved.

Only, Mati says he was kicked out for his views...

Hmm... yea I guess I am really reaching by going with the 2 third party statements and not accepting Mati's claim of "discrimination" as to why he was asked to leave. HAHAHA... I bet you believe the guy who is kicked out of the bar that the bouncer just didn't like him even after two people say he was drunk. Some of the things you say are just rich...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-14-2015, 05:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Hmm... yea I guess I am really reaching by going with the 2 third party statements 

Except neither said Mati was kicked out for yelling at the owner; you said that.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-14-2015, 06:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Except neither said Mati was kicked out for yelling at the owner; you said that.

Quote:“One guy got up and asked him what the rationale was to have dinner with Cruz. They got kind of heated and before you knew it, there was a lot of people yelling.” We’re told owner P.J. McAteer asked them to leave the bar and threatened to call police.

Both witnesses are quoted as saying he was involved in the commotion. One says many including him were, while others say it was just him and the owner. The author says that a witness says that Mati was then asked to leave.

So someone came in the restaurant and they were asked to leave after they were yelling at either the owner or other patrons? lulz

(06-14-2015, 06:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Both witnesses are quoted as saying he was involved in the commotion. One says many including him were, while others say it was just him and the owner. The author says that a witness says that Mati was then asked to leave.

So someone came in the restaurant and they were asked to leave after they were yelling at either the owner or other patrons? lulz

Once again (and I'll type it slower this time). No one (but you) has stated he was thrown out for yelling at the owner or that he was even yelling. Even the part you bolded did not say so (Thanks for that).

Of course he was involved in the commotion Captain Obvious; he was the object of intolerance and discrimination. Witnesses state HE was approached (AKA he didn't initiate the altercation). Yet some will choose to lay the blame at his feet.

I thought about letting this one go, but it is just too amusing watching you continue  to dig the hole.

WTS the Matador has grown tired of dancing with the blind shoemaker. I'll leave you to explain to others why this man is to blame for the intolerance and discrimination shown to him. 

(06-14-2015, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought about letting this one go, but it is just too amusing watching you continue  to dig the hole.

It's funny, because you're probably the only person who thinks it's a stretch to read "They got kind of heated and before you knew it, there was a lot of people yelling.” We’re told owner P.J. McAteer asked them to leave the bar" and think he was asked to leave because of the commotion.

I think it goes without saying that the author wrote that to lead his readers to believe that is why he was asked to leave.

lol, you never fail to make me laugh.

(06-14-2015, 03:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The excuse was not calling the action discrimination. Seems in one instance you have a pretty narrow view on what discrimination is; while on the other it is quite broad.

I've never kicked a homosexual out of anything; nor have I gotten into a heated argument with one because that are so.

But I discriminate because? And this bar owner does not because?

As I have already explained, I have been kicked out of a bar after being served and it had nothing to do with discrimination.  Also, I'm not going to defend a position I never took on discrimination.  Rand Paul (and his supporters) believe businesses can discriminate against anyone they choose in a free society.  Take that up with them.  If the owner discriminated against a patron based upon the patron's political views by refusing to serve him I oppose that type of discrimination just as much as I oppose your discrimination against same sex marriage.

From the article...

Quote:Customer Evan Lobel said, “One guy got up and asked him what the rationale was to have dinner with Cruz. They got kind of heated and before you knew it, there was a lot of people yelling.” We’re told owner P.J. McAteer asked them to leave the bar and threatened to call police.

“Upon their departure, the crowd cheered,” Lobel posted on Facebook.

Another source added: “This was strictly between P.J. and Mati.”

From this we can't ascertain if Weiderpass was served or not before he was asked to leave.  Then "they" got into a heated argument, e.g. the one guy and Weiderpass.  The owner asked "them" to leave.  The report doesn't specify who "them" are, but from the previous sentence we can deduce it was the "they" in the heated argument, e.g. the one guy and Weiderpass.  Upon "their" departure the crownd cheered.  Again the report doesn't specify whom "their" are, but we can deduce it was the customers in the argument. So the crowd cheered when the people involved in the argument left and apparently it wasn't just Weiderpass who was asked to leave.

Refusing to serve someone altogether based upon a belief about a group rather than the individual is discrimination.  Was Weiderpass discriminated against?  Maybe, maybe not.  The report doesn't say he was turned away.  The report says he was kicked out.  Again, you will need to ask the owner or staff if they served him and kicked him out because of an argument (not discrimination) or if they turned him away based upon his politics (discrimination.)  And this is all based upon Evan Lobel's account of what happened and for all we know Evan could have gotten everything mixed up like you have.
http://www.queerty.com/mati-weiderpass-gets-kicked-out-of-fire-island-gay-bar-and-the-crowd-goes-wild-20150612

Quote:Weiderpass (pictured here with the awful GOP presidential candidate) was kicked out of a Fire Island gay bar after his mere presence got on everyone’s nerves.

STFU

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/12/mati-weiderpass-gay-hotelier-booted-from-nightclub/

Quote:Mati Weiderpass, co-owner of the gay-friendly OUT NYC Hotel, was reportedly kicked out of a Fire Island bar on Sunday, as the local LGBT community continues to boycott him and his business partner for hosting a Ted Cruz event.

More because he was just yelling..

(06-15-2015, 12:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.queerty.com/mati-weiderpass-gets-kicked-out-of-fire-island-gay-bar-and-the-crowd-goes-wild-20150612

STFU

LMFAO

That report reports what Page 6 reported in the OP.

(06-15-2015, 12:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/12/mati-weiderpass-gay-hotelier-booted-from-nightclub/

Just repeating what others have reported.  It doesn't seem like your even reading the shit your posting.
(06-15-2015, 12:48 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: LMFAO

That report reports what Page 6 reported in the OP.

Just repeating what others have reported.  It doesn't seem like your even reading the shit your posting.

I don't mind you looking biased. Please continue.

(06-15-2015, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't mind you looking biased. Please continue.

I'm biased because I stated Weiderpass may or may not have been the victim of discrimination?  You didn't read a word I wrote.  Too interested in making cute comments to score imaginary internet points.  
(06-15-2015, 01:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm biased because I stated Weiderpass may or may not have been the victim of discrimination?  You didn't read a word I wrote.  Too interested in making cute comments to score imaginary internet points.  

Nope. You're biased because folks can read your posts throughout this thread.

(06-14-2015, 04:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not sure why so many are against a business owner's right to kick out patrons who are yelling at them in their restaurant. Must be liberal progressives.

Who is against that? And it's just progressive because neocons or evangelicals would do the same.

For me it's the hooligans that annoy me. A fair debate is fine and it's cool to disagree but when your yelling at someone to the point the owner has to step in ..... Your just a hooligan. Nothing to do with being gay.

Be no different if you and I were going at it in a bar over Bengals and Ravens. Keep it light hearted, fun, and productive.
So are any of you crusaders gonna talk about the elephant in the room of gay activist hooliganism.   .... Always trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
(06-15-2015, 01:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope. You're biased because folks can read your posts throughout this thread.

(06-15-2015, 12:02 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:  Was Weiderpass discriminated against?  Maybe, maybe not.  The report doesn't say he was turned away.  The report says he was kicked out.  Again, you will need to ask the owner or staff if they served him and kicked him out because of an argument (not discrimination) or if they turned him away based upon his politics (discrimination.)

Yes, clearly I am biased by admitting Weiderpass may have been discriminated against.  But then again, maybe not.  I don't have enough information to determine if it was or wasn't discrimination.  If I don't have enough information to determine if this was discrimination or not, neither do you.  Yet, you have definitively stated this is discrimination.  Who do you think is more influenced by bias?
(06-15-2015, 02:13 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yes, clearly I am biased by admitting Weiderpass may have been discriminated against.  But then again, maybe not.  I don't have enough information to determine if it was or wasn't discrimination.  If I don't have enough information to determine if this was discrimination or not, neither do you.  Yet, you have definitively stated this is discrimination.  Who do you think is more influenced by bias?
What have we here?

(06-14-2015, 11:44 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So "they" are intolerant, but not discriminatory. Whereas, you and StLucie are intolerant and discriminatory.
Looks like someone defintively said it was not discrimination.

(06-15-2015, 01:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What have we here?

Looks like someone defintively said it was not discrimination.

What did I write after that comment?  I changed my mind after further consideration of the information available because I have an open mind. After considering the information available I can't determine if this is a case of discrimination or not. This is the second time I have I have told you. How many times do you need me to repeat myself in order for you to understand?
(06-15-2015, 01:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What did I write after that comment?  I changed my mind after further consideration of the information available because I have an open mind. After considering the information available I can't determine if this is a case of discrimination or not. This is the second time I have I have told you. How many times do you need me to repeat myself in order for you to understand?

...or else you just felt the need to insult a couple of Board Members in your orginal post.

(06-15-2015, 12:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/12/mati-weiderpass-gay-hotelier-booted-from-nightclub/

Considering that link quotes the original article word for word, I'm going to say yes...

Quote:Customer Evan Lobel said, “One guy got up and asked him what the rationale was to have dinner with Cruz. They got kind of heated and before you knew it, there was a lot of people yelling.”

Sources told The Post that the club’s owner, P.J. McAteer, asked them to leave the bar and threatened to call police.

(06-15-2015, 02:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Considering that link quotes the original article word for word, I'm going to say yes...

STILL nobody quoted stating Mati was kicked out simply for yelling; BmorePat is the only one that continues to say that is why. There was someone quoted that he was kicked out "after his mere presence got on everyone’s nerves."

Nope, no discrimination in that quote. Please press this matter further.