Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gdale's post 2 wave FA mock?
So we've basically went all D with the exception of the Guard who's name I'll not attempt to remember. I think they like Michael Jordan enough that they won't give him any real competition other than camp bodies. Much heavier offense, with a bit of D sprinkled in still.

1. Jugular Joe Burrow
2. Justin Jefferson
I was really hoping for Zach Baun to be here but he wasn't unfortunately, but Gratos-Moss was the most notable player here other than Jefferson. I didn't select him because Joe knows him, but because he was the best receiver on the board. Given that Ross can't stay healthy, Jefferson can grow into the #3 spot in his first year or so while the Bengals figure out what to do with AJ. Tyler Boyd has been our rock.

3. Prince Tega Wanogho
We really need a better RT. I know Prince is still learning and raw, but given his talent and if Jim Turner is worth his weight, Prince can become the best RT in this class IMO, since he is best used in a zone blocking scheme which is what the bengals were using at the end of the year. Could be a bust, but the talent is too good to pass up at a weak position on the team.

4. Akeem Davis-Gaither.
he's in every mock I do, and I always pick him here. He'll always be in my mock if we don't get Baun or another Lb.

5. Anfernee Jennings.
He's a very strong player, can pass rush fairly well, and can stuff the run with his strength and his good discipline to set the edge. He isn't good in space and wasn't really used a a lb, so he isn't very versatile. Still, a potential starter in a year, or a very good rotation piece.

6. Albert Okwuegbunem
We probably need a 3rd TE and we haven't found on in FA, so I think we spend a pick on one late. This guy(I'm not writing his name again lol) caught 23 of his 98 receptions as touchdowns. He's a giant, will definitely create mismatches in the red zone and he does his most damage down the seam. He needs to develop his blocking skills more and learn a few more routes, but he has good hands, and Joe and chuck it practically 15 ft. in the air and he'll still get a hand on it is good enough for me.

7. Jauan Jennings
I feel like the Bengals will want to draft a couple WR. in this draft, and the 2nd may come much sooner than the 7th, if so I'd bet it's the 5th round, but nonetheless I think Jauan Jennings can become a reliable pass catcher in the NFL. He was a big playmaker in the Vol's offense but he doesn't have enough speed and quickness to be more than a #4 or even #3 in an offense, but I feel like you can do way worse than Jennings in the NFL, and we've seen some pretty bad WRs.

I think this is pretty good for 7 picks. I think round 5 can go completely different, and I think the 2nd round can easily be different, especially if Baun or Laviska were there, but I like these players, and Prince won't start right away, he'll ride the pine and learn, but I think he would take over at the end of the season or start of the next. I think he's that good.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 10:12 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: So we've basically went all D with the exception of the Guard who's name I'll not attempt to remember. I think they like Michael Jordan enough that they won't give him any real competition other than camp bodies. Much heavier offense, with a bit of D sprinkled in still.

1. Jugular Joe Burrow
2. Justin Jefferson
I was really hoping for Zach Baun to be here but he wasn't unfortunately, but Gratos-Moss was the most notable player here other than Jefferson. I didn't select him because Joe knows him, but because he was the best receiver on the board. Given that Ross can't stay healthy, Jefferson can grow into the #3 spot in his first year or so while the Bengals figure out what to do with AJ. Tyler Boyd has been our rock.

3. Prince Tega Wanogho
We really need a better RT. I know Prince is still learning and raw, but given his talent and if Jim Turner is worth his weight, Prince can become the best RT in this class IMO, since he is best used in a zone blocking scheme which is what the bengals were using at the end of the year. Could be a bust, but the talent is too good to pass up at a weak position on the team.

4. Akeem Davis-Gaither.
he's in every mock I do, and I always pick him here. He'll always be in my mock if we don't get Baun or another Lb.

5. Anfernee Jennings.
He's a very strong player, can pass rush fairly well, and can stuff the run with his strength and his good discipline to set the edge. He isn't good in space and wasn't really used a a lb, so he isn't very versatile. Still, a potential starter in a year, or a very good rotation piece.

6. Albert Okwuegbunem
We probably need a 3rd TE and we haven't found on in FA, so I think we spend a pick on one late. This guy(I'm not writing his name again lol) caught 23 of his 98 receptions as touchdowns. He's a giant, will definitely create mismatches in the red zone and he does his most damage down the seam. He needs to develop his blocking skills more and learn a few more routes, but he has good hands, and Joe and chuck it practically 15 ft. in the air and he'll still get  a hand on it is good enough for me.

7. Jauan Jennings
I feel like the Bengals will want to draft a couple WR. in this draft, and the 2nd may come much sooner than the 7th, if so I'd bet it's the 5th round, but nonetheless I think Jauan Jennings can become a reliable pass catcher in the NFL. He was a big playmaker in the Vol's offense but he doesn't have enough speed and quickness to be more than a #4 or even #3 in an offense, but I feel like you can do way worse than Jennings in the NFL, and we've seen some pretty bad WRs.

I think this is pretty good for 7 picks. I think round 5 can go completely different, and I think the 2nd round can easily be different, especially if Baun or Laviska were there, but I like these players, and Prince won't start right away, he'll ride the pine and learn, but I think he would take over at the end of the season or start of the next. I think he's that good.
Great draft Gdale!
I really love the Albert pick in the 6th if he's there. And, since there's not interviews being allowed for teams, he could slide to that spot. I also love the Jennings pick as well. He could actually be there too with such a deep class.
Just my take here, but there's no way they take another WR other than Jefferson if he's actually sitting there at #33 and they have him graded higher than anyone else on the board.
You've got to make things easier on your #1 pick QB and he's caught almost 200 balls from him in games so far. The only thing more perfect would be if they get their hands on CHASE next year!! Lol
The nice thing is that the Bengals are picking at the top of every round.
And, it just seems like there will always be a player sitting there for them that they didn't expect to be there.
So, they're really in a great spot this year.
I can't wait for the draft! Rock On
Reply/Quote
My only complaint is the one after Burrow naturally lol

I like Jefferson a lot with his familiarity with Burrow but he is a Slot Receiver and we just paid a very good one in Boyd.

If Jefferson can learn how to play on the outside this is a great Draft. Love ADG and getting Anfernee.

What team was this Albert guy on?

Really like Jauan after seeing his highlights. Nice Mock Gdale.
Reply/Quote
If Alton Robinson were to somehow fall to the 5th I snag him, he's a less polished version of Chandler Jones and underperformed his senior year. I think he can excel at the this level in a rotational end position
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote