Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Geeze, back away from the ledge....
You'd think we just got blown out. The game was won until the last minute. That, with No Price, no Vigil, and a banged up secondary. It was a good game, we just left too much time on the clock at the end. That's a gamble. You can try to slow the drive down, and if things don't go well, run out of time. All they have to do is go to Heinz and win and it's a split. The Universe did not end..... we're still in 1st place...
Reply/Quote
If you had said the D line was injured I’d be much more reassured.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You'd think we just got blown out. The game was won until the last minute. That, with No Price, no Vigil,  and a banged up secondary. It was a good game, we just left too much time on the clock at the end. That's a gamble. You can try to slow the drive down, and if things don't go well, run out of time. All they have to do is go to Heinz and win and it's a split. The Universe did not end..... we're still in 1st place...

I agree with pretty much everything you say here, and said in another thread that I still fell very good about this team...but I don't think it's unfair for fans to be a little pissed about losing at home for the 16th time in 18 tries against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:09 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: If you had said the D line was injured I’d be much more reassured.

Well, it's the Pittsburgh o line, so I am used to them being allowed to hold. Just like when Geno was doubled, and they called holding on him.... Sad
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You'd think we just got blown out. The game was won until the last minute. That, with No Price, no Vigil, and a banged up secondary. It was a good game, we just left too much time on the clock at the end. That's a gamble. You can try to slow the drive down, and if things don't go well, run out of time. All they have to do is go to Heinz and win and it's a split. The Universe did not end..... we're still in 1st place...

Kind of agree.. but it’s too tiring at this point. We were the more talented football team, yet looked nothing like it.

- Dre makes stupid decisions weekly. Oh, and for those who complain about refs, we get so many missed holding calls on Dre it’s crazy. He’s NOT good against 1s.

- our newly PAID D line didn’t do anything against Big Ben. I mean that guys Jersey was so clean he probably won’t even put it in the washer.

- Still look so slow on defense. Seriously, we have zero speed at LB. I think it’s our new biggest need in draft. Preston Brown was a mistake.
Reply/Quote
It was a good game and we got outplayed and outcoached. That's the bottom line. While I don't think the season is over by any means, we missed out on a huge opportunity today. We could've catapulted ourselves into more legitimacy. I'm sure it would've given the team a confidence boost. Should KC lose tonight, we would've had the opportunity to beat them and be the #1 team in the AFC.

It just hurts to miss out on all of the opportunities a win would have given/potentially allowed us today. No need for anyone to be on a ledge. We're still in good shape. We just gave up one of the few mistakes we can make this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Because vigil was injured????

Lol k
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, it's the Pittsburgh o line, so I am used to them being allowed to hold. Just like when Geno was doubled, and they called holding on him.... Sad

Agree that play was a headscratcher. Either way it’s sliced and diced though we got owned in the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You'd think we just got blown out. The game was won until the last minute. That, with No Price, no Vigil,  and a banged up secondary. It was a good game, we just left too much time on the clock at the end. That's a gamble. You can try to slow the drive down, and if things don't go well, run out of time. All they have to do is go to Heinz and win and it's a split. The Universe did not end..... we're still in 1st place...

I hope heading downward is not the trend.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:09 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: If you had said the D line was injured I’d be much more reassured.

We can say it was just another game but everyone knows it was much much more to this team to get that frickin steeler monkey off the back...
It was the sameole same ole today....out muscled, out hustled and out coached.  Where was Atkins and Dunlap all day?? This formula  has been the recipe for along long time...and MArvin and his dumb ass boss cant figure it out. A big punch in the gut and with a Sunday nite game at KC next week..things aren't looking too rosey anymore…..
The next time Bengals beat this team is after Big Ben retires....write it down.   
Reply/Quote
Got to get momentum back next week in Arrowhead to avoid going into bye week on losing streak.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
There is zero excuse losing to a team after you give them the ball back with 118 left on the clock especially your rival. I will never lose hope in the bengals, but there is zero excuse for what happened today. You let JAmes Connor run all over you, and piss it away when you have them beaten. No excuses, clap clap clap
Reply/Quote
I ain't even mad. The boys put forth a good effort today and just came up short. Pitt has our number, we have the Raven's number, and the Ravens have the Steeler's number.

I just wish I had more Ravens fans than Steeler fans as friends.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I ain't even mad. The boys put forth a good effort today and just came up short. Pitt has our number, we have the Raven's number, and the Ravens have the Steeler's number.

I just wish I had more Ravens fans than Steeler fans as friends.

This is true, but the Steelers ownage of us is a little more complete than the Ravens' ownage of the Steelers, or our ownage of the Ravens.

Since 2011:

Bengals are 9-6 (.600) vs Ravens
Steelers are 13-3 (.813) vs Bengals
Ravens are 10-6 (.625) vs Steelers
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Good efforts are meaningless. They failed when the big game came up.....as usual. This was their chance to show they are men not boys. Well, they are still babies.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Good efforts are meaningless. They failed when the big game came up.....as usual. This was their chance to show they are men not boys. Well, they are still babies.

[Image: Ironic._My_stupid_attempt_at_a_new_meme....552920.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I agree with pretty much everything you say here, and said in another thread that I still fell very good about this team...but I don't think it's unfair for fans to be a little pissed about losing at home for the 16th time in 18 tries against the Steelers.

That's pretty annoying, but it can't be too much more annoying than how the Ravens feel about the Bengals. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Yes it IS annoying. The Bengals ALWAYS find a way to play small in big games. Today the offense managed to overcome horrendous blocking and 7(?) drops to do enough to win but the defense crapped the bed.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Got to get momentum back next week in Arrowhead to avoid going into bye week on losing streak.

Bengals play Tampa after KC, then the bye.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Are you Vigil and Price's agent? LOL 

They wouldn't sway the game if they were in. And if you think the Bengals will become victorious in a must win situation come December in Heinz field...your nuts.

The game wont be close...it will be a blood bath and Cincy will not be on the winning side.

People are just sick of the same ole outcome. The bigger problem in my mind is that they really expected this game to be different. It just wont...not with Lewis at the helm... 
Reply/Quote