Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Geeze, back away from the ledge....
(10-14-2018, 06:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I ain't even mad. The boys put forth a good effort today and just came up short. Pitt has our number, we have the Raven's number, and the Ravens have the Steeler's number.

I just wish I had more Ravens fans than Steeler fans as friends.

Truth
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yes it IS annoying. The Bengals ALWAYS find a way to play small in big games. Today the offense managed to overcome horrendous blocking and 7(?) drops to do enough to win but the defense crapped the bed.

I wasn't anywhere near optimistic before the season started, and i'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water just yet.

Offense looks strong and confident in end-of-game scenarios. Defense has the players, they just need to do something about the scheme. They stepped up late against the Colts, Ravens, Falcons and Dolphins and fell a bit short against the steelers.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's pretty annoying, but it can't be too much more annoying than how the Ravens feel about the Bengals. 

The difference being that Ravens are 8-7 in their own house against the Bengals during the same time frame. Not a great home record by any means, but sure as hell easier to digest than 2-16.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The difference being that Ravens are 8-7 in their own house against the Bengals during the same time frame. 

That’s a big difference. What are we 2-37 at Heinz Field West Under Marvin? It’s sickening.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Maybe, except the Ravens are 8-7 in their own house against the Bengals during the same time frame. 

Bengals don't have a HOF QB or the best WR and RB in the league though. Wink

And the Bengals have done the Ravens when they've routinely had very good defenses. Look at what they're doing to everyone else this year.

It still sucks and is pathetic. The fact Pitt is always on top of their game against the Bengals says a little something about how they feel about them.

Five of the last seven losses to Pitt have been one score margins. And that's when you're getting their best. 

I'm choosing to see half full. Tongue

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:09 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: If you had said the D line was injured I’d be much more reassured.

It looked like the Steelers max protected most of the game.  It seems like the ends should have been able to make some noise but it was mostly on the linebackers with the ends in "contain the pocket" mode.  I really have to wonder if taking the LBs out at the knees was part of the scheme.

It's a game and I enjoy it win or lose.  Win is a lot better, but letting a game ruin your day, or week, or Fall is a foolish waste of precious time.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s a big difference. What are we 2-37 at Heinz Field West Under Marvin? It’s sickening.

Bengals are actually 6-9 at Heinz I believe. Much more respectable.

(10-14-2018, 09:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bengals don't have a HOF QB or the best WR and RB in the league though. Wink

And the Bengals have done the Ravens when they've routinely had very good defenses. Look at what they're doing to everyone else this year.

It still sucks and is pathetic. The fact Pitt is always on top of their game against the Bengals says a little something about how they feel about them.

Five of the last seven losses to Pitt have been one score margins. And that's when you're getting their best. 

I'm choosing to see half full. Tongue

Nothing wrong with glass half full brother. My glass is half full of Bacardi at the moment.  Big Grin
Reply/Quote
We were a playclock rundown away from winning. If Green stayed in bounds on the catch that set up the TD, it was our game. Not too mention some shady but expected reffing. We got stealered. As usual they got all the lucky breaks and calls go their way. We are a good team though and should get better.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals are actually 6-9 at Heinz I believe. Much more respectable.

Nothing wrong with glass half full brother. My glass is half full of Bacardi at the moment.  Big Grin

Heinz Field West = PBS in my sarcastic post.

Reply/Quote
Don't look now but KC isn't putting up a huge score against guess who.. We still have offensive fire power especially against lousy offenses.. Maybe we'll own KC.. You never know..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 10:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Heinz Field West = PBS in my sarcastic post.

My bad brother, totally missed the 'west' part.   LOL
Reply/Quote
I think the frustrating part of this loss is that we'll almost certainly lose to KC next week cuz...lol...this defense ain't stopping Mahomes.

So we're basically 4-3 now.

Not a great record after such a promising start.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 10:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: Don't look now but KC isn't putting up a huge score against guess who.. We still have offensive fire power especially against lousy offenses.. Maybe we'll own KC.. You never know..  

I feel better about their chances vs a good KC team on the road than I do against an average Steeler team at PBS.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 10:36 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think the frustrating part of this loss is that we'll almost certainly lose to KC next week cuz...lol...this defense ain't stopping Mahomes.

So we're basically 4-3 now.

Not a great record after such a promising start.

KC’s d is really bad, a shootout win is probably our only chance.

Reply/Quote
Does anyone think Austin will learn ANYTHING from the way New England's D is punking Mahomes? I don't.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bengals play Tampa after KC, then the bye.

We never play well after a BYE, that could be an automatic loss. I could be wrong but I do remember the complains of 2 weeks to prepare and the result is a fat L.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 10:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: Does anyone think Austin will learn ANYTHING from the way New England's D is punking Mahomes? I don't.

I'm not confident that Austin can learn anything at this point. Dude does not seem to know how to call a defensive game plan to save his life.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 11:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm not confident that Austin can learn anything at this point. Dude does not seem to know how to call a defensive game plan to save his life.

Me neither. That would mean Austin would have to junk his beloved pillow soft zones and do things like the Pats are - putting someone man to man on Kelce to take him out of the game plan. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I ain't even mad. The boys put forth a good effort today and just came up short. Pitt has our number, we have the Raven's number, and the Ravens have the Steeler's number.

I just wish I had more Ravens fans than Steeler fans as friends.

I am an assistant coach on my son's Pop Warner team and all the other assistants are Steeler fans. Looking forward to tomorrow's practice.  :paul:
Reply/Quote
I can't lie but today hurt
Reply/Quote