Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General thoughts on round 1
(04-30-2021, 11:50 AM)Beaker Wrote: Or you could just stay put like the Bengals always do and consistently put a winner on the fie.....

Sorry, couldnt get all the way through that without laughing so hard I couldnt type.

Bengals traded up two years ago to get Ryan Finley... Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:51 AM)J24 Wrote: Drafting a QB prospect who you think will be an elite player in the near future when you have a 37 year old QB is stupid? Every NFL team would have done the same damn thing if given a chance. He'll it worked out for the Packers when they did it with Aaron in 2005!

No, I don’t think “every team” would have done the same. Plenty of them would have probably worried more about giving him another weapon to make a run.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, drafting Jordan Love in the first round was about as dumb as it gets. That pick could have been Tee Higgins. Imagine Rodgers having him and Adams...

Not going all in when you have a HoF QB still playing at an MVP level is unforgivable.

Once you're done imagining Rodgers with Adams and Higgins... Now imagine that instead of the Packers having Aaron Rodgers at QB, they would instead have Brian Brohm. That's who would have been their starter if they didn't have Rodgers already primed behind Favre for a few years. 

Turned out pretty nice for the Packers that they had used a 1st on Rodgers even though they still had Favre. (Rodgers was the same age when they drafted Love as Favre was when they drafted Rodgers.)

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Love pick as simply "as dumb as it gets".

Besides, as I said in my post earlier... how much improvement do you really need over the #1 scoring offense? Are you trying to turn the 1st scoring offense into the 1ster scoring offense? Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Be honest..how many of you sobbed into your pillows last night just because Gruden is still a moron? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Once you're done imagining Rodgers with Adams and Higgins... Now imagine that instead of the Packers having Aaron Rodgers at QB, they would instead have Brian Brohm. That's who would have been their starter if they didn't have Rodgers already primed behind Favre for a few years. 

Turned out pretty nice for the Packers that they had used a 1st on Rodgers even though they still had Favre. (Rodgers was the same age when they drafted Love as Favre was when they drafted Rodgers.)

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Love pick as simply "as dumb as it gets".

Besides, as I said in my post earlier... how much improvement do you really need over the #1 scoring offense? Are you trying to turn the 1st scoring offense into the 1ster scoring offense? Lol

I’m pretty sure Jordan Love isn’t the next Aaron Rodgers lol.

Anyway, I don’t care enough about the Packers to keep arguing about it. I personally think they’ve done him wrong by not giving him more weapons, but if others disagree that’s fine. He’s obviously unhappy enough at this point to pull a Carson Palmer though...

Reply/Quote
Quote:Are you trying to turn the 1st scoring offense into the 1ster scoring offense? Lol
I'll be the 1ster person to LOLer at that..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Besides, as I said in my post earlier... how much improvement do you really need over the #1 scoring offense? Are you trying to turn the 1st scoring offense into the 1ster scoring offense? Lol

No, just trying to turn the NFC Championship game losers into winners...

Anyway, like I said, I really don’t care that much.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bengals traded up two years ago to get Ryan Finley... Hilarious

But hey, they used him in a package to trade UP. The fact that’s in the sixth round is immaterial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, just trying to turn the NFC Championship game losers into winners...

Anyway, like I said, I really don’t care that much.

And why did they lose? Because they fell behind 28-10, unable to stop Brady. Thus: CB.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And why did they lose? Because they fell behind 28-10, unable to stop Brady. Thus: CB.

Brady in that game only completed 55% of his passes for 280 yards, threw 3 INT’s, and had a 73.8 rating...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Brady in that game only completed 55% of his passes for 280 yards, threw 3 INT’s, and had a 73.8 rating...

To be fair, I’m pretty sure they were up big before any of those pics were thrown. I think they were all in 2nd half maybe even 4th Quarter.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Brady in that game only completed 55% of his passes for 280 yards, threw 3 INT’s, and had a 73.8 rating...

All of those INTs were only after they went down 28-10 off of Brady's 3 TDs in the first 32 minutes.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:15 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: To be fair, I’m pretty sure they were up big before any of those pics were thrown. I think they were all in 2nd half maybe even 4th Quarter.

You’re probably right, I really don’t remember. Point is it’s hardly a hot take that GB should have given Rodgers another weapon last year.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, I don’t think “every team” would have done the same. Plenty of them would have probably worried more about giving him another weapon to make a run.

What team would pass on a franchise QB for a #2 WR?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:39 PM)J24 Wrote: What team would pass on a franchise QB for a #2 WR?

One that has a 3x MVP QB that wants a #2 WR? But I’m offically done arguing about this.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:01 PM)grampahol Wrote: Be honest..how many of you sobbed into your pillows last night just because Gruden is still a moron? 

hard to call anyone making 10 mil a year a moron  

Did something right somewhere lol

Seemed to be a Theme last night or Reuniting College QBs with their WR's
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hard to call anyone making 10 mil a year a moron  

Did something right somewhere lol

Seemed to be a Theme last night or Reuniting College QBs with their WR's

Sometimes you trip and fall upward. In reality he has never been a good personnel guy and they compounded it with Mayock. Reports today is Mayock and others in the front office could be out soon after some embarrassing drafts back to back to back.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:45 AM)Beaker Wrote: The only thing I can think of as a reason for passing on Jenkins would be that he is more of a strictly RT. They may want one of the other guys who could play both tackle positions in case Williams doesnt pan out or injuries hit again.

Unfortunately, every OT prospect at this point has his flaws.
Jenkins has enough athleticism to cover both spots, but he only has 33.5" arms and I don't believe has experience at LT.
Cosmi is more athletic and has played LT, but he also has shorter than preferred arm length (33.0").
Radunz has 34" arms but is lighter (301 lbs) and comes from D3 school, so he may not be ready to start right away.
Walker Little has 33.75" arms and has the necessary athleticism to play both OT spots, but he hasn't really played in two years.
Jackson Carman was the LT for Clemson, but he's likely going to have to follow in Clint Boling's footsteps and shift inside to G given he has only 32.5" arm length. He also struggles some with speed rushers outside, further emphasizing a move inside.
Spencer Brown has perfect measurables, but he's also from D3, so he might not start right away either.

They might go crazy and get Stone Forsythe, the big OT from Florida.
Good in pass protection, has great length.
He's projected in Rd 3-4 though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sometimes you trip and fall upward. In reality he has never been a good personnel guy and they compounded it with Mayock. Reports today is Mayock and others in the front office could be out soon after some embarrassing drafts back to back to back.

dude their 1st round picks at least with Mayock has been huge reaches lol..

Like he thinks hes smarter than everyone else somehow
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: One that has a 3x MVP QB that wants a #2 WR? But I’m offically done arguing about this.

That 3xMVP is also 37 and has an extensive injury history. The Packers did the right thing for the franchise wether He likes it or not.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote