Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gennett and Suarez
Scooter Gennett is leading the National League in batting average (.341), 3rd in slugging (.559), 5th in OPS (.937), and 5th in RBI (39).

Eugenio Suarez is leading the National League in RBI (43) even though he does not have enough at bats to qualify for league leader in batting avg.  If he had enough at bats he would be second in both slugging (.589) and OPS (.974).  He is also hitting .305.

I doubt these numbers hold up for the entire season, but we are over a third of the way.  So they are more than just a fluke.

Hopefully they will both get serious All Star consideration.
Reply/Quote
I agree they deserve AllStar consideration. Not too often to have 2 allstars and be in last place. Must be the pitching.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
And those numbers are after a slow start for Gennett and a stint on the DL for Suarez.

They are both deserving of true all-star selections, not just token team representation. Hopefully, we can get Scooter extended and not traded.

With how well all the young infielders are playing, where does Senzel fit?
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2018, 04:45 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: And those numbers are after a slow start for Gennett and a stint on the DL for Suarez.

They are both deserving of true all-star selections, not just token team representation. Hopefully, we can get Scooter extended and not traded.

With how well all the young infielders are playing, where does Senzel fit?

If they don't opt to trade Genett, then I'd put Senzel in the outfield.  This team has few if any world-beaters in the outfield at the major league or near-major league level.  Taylor Trammell is promising, but he's still a couple of years away.  Senzel could fix that problem relatively quickly.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2018, 10:21 PM)samhain Wrote: If they don't opt to trade Genett, then I'd put Senzel in the outfield.  This team has few if any world-beaters in the outfield at the major league or near-major league level.  Taylor Trammell is promising, but he's still a couple of years away.  Senzel could fix that problem relatively quickly.

Imagine the future outfield of Senzel, Trammell and Winker.
Reply/Quote
Scooter just named NL Player of the Month.

First Red to win the award since Jay Bruce in 2011.
Reply/Quote