Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno
Heard on Sirius yesterday Geno is expected to be declared 100% July 1st. So I wonder who will sign him. I would still love to get him back here to rotate with Ogunjobi, but I really don't think it will happen. But man, Reader/Shelvin and Ogunjobi/Atkins would be a great DT rotation.
Reply/Quote
Would u take Atkins or Moses?
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 10:51 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Would u take Atkins or Moses?

I think Ogunjobi/Atkins is a better pairing than Ogunjobi/Moses Whatever
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 10:51 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Would u take Atkins or Moses?

Atkins all day long. I have no doubt his play last year was just due to the shoulder injury. I expect he'll be back with a vengeance. 
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 11:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Atkins all day long. I have no doubt his play last year was just due to the shoulder injury. I expect he'll be back with a vengeance. 

I have no doubt we will make him an offer, but a recent article about him listed a few other teams expected to pursue him when he is declared healthy.  I don't recall the teams, but I fear that he will go elsewhere as some of them are a lot closer to competing for a title than we are.  At this stage in his career, I don't think being outbid is an issue, rather a chance at a title.
Reply/Quote
No way Geno is coming back here.

Last year Tyler Dragon reported that Geno was upset with the defensive coaches and philosophy. Of course Geno is the ultimate pro and would never say anything like that officially to the media, but I think Pacman hit the nail on the head when he called out the Bengals defensive coaches for "Lining up the best 3T DT in the league directly over the center every snap".

If Geno is healthy he will do like Dunlap and play for coaches that know how to properly use his skills.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way Geno is coming back here.

Last year Tyler Dragon reported that Geno was upset with the defensive coaches and philosophy.  Of course Geno is the ultimate pro and would never say anything like that officially to the media, but I think Pacman hit the nail on the head when he called out the Bengals defensive coaches for "Lining up the best 3T DT in the league directly over the center every snap".

If Geno is healthy he will do like Dunlap and play for coaches that know how to properly use his skills.

Sadly I feel the same, too bad. Lou is terrible.

I would be for bringing Geno back as our backup 3-tech in pass rushing situations but he probably won't want to come back 
because of Lou unless Hobby really talks Geno into coming back.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 02:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sadly I feel the same, too bad. Lou is terrible.

I would be for bringing Geno back as our backup 3-tech in pass rushing situations but he probably won't want to come back 
because of Lou unless Hobby really talks Geno into coming back.

good luck to Geno....but Im over it....onward and upward with the new younger and healthier Dline.  
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way Geno is coming back here.

Last year Tyler Dragon reported that Geno was upset with the defensive coaches and philosophy.  Of course Geno is the ultimate pro and would never say anything like that officially to the media, but I think Pacman hit the nail on the head when he called out the Bengals defensive coaches for "Lining up the best 3T DT in the league directly over the center every snap".

I would like him back for 2.5 to 3.5 million, but his play has gotten worse each year the past 3 years. You and others can blame coaches all day long, but great players find ways to make plays. he was paid to be great, but he played like crap ala AJ Green. 

So, yes someone will sign him and probably over pay him so good for him as he is a great guy, just no longer a great DT.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 11:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  You and others can blame coaches all day long, but great players find ways to make plays.

BS.

You can defend our coaches all you want but NFL history has proven that coaching makes a HUGE difference in player production.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 11:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would like him back for 2.5 to 3.5 million, but his play has gotten worse each year the past 3 years. You and others can blame coaches all day long, but great players find ways to make plays. he was paid to be great, but he played like crap ala AJ Green. 

So, yes someone will sign him and probably over pay him so good for him as he is a great guy, just no longer a great DT.

He was playing one handed..... so no, not like AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
Geno needs to retire a Bengal, so whatever that means in the future. For now, he should chase a ring.
Reply/Quote
I would sign him but like Fred said he won't be back. The beef the Coaches had with him and Dunlap was one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen. Yeah Geno got hurt but a one arm Geno is better than the guys they played in front of them.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 10:03 PM)J24 Wrote: I would sign him but like Fred said he won't be back. The beef the Coaches had with him and Dunlap  was one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen. Yeah Geno got hurt but a one arm Geno is better than the guys they played in front of them.

I'm not convinced Geno had a beef with the coaches. He went out and played injured because he was needed. That doesn't sound to me like someone who is pissed at the coaches, he could have simply had the shoulder surgery in the middle of the season and been done with it. The beef with the coaches was all Dunlap IMO.
Reply/Quote
Where ever Geno ends up i hope its with a Contender.
Reply/Quote
I can see Geno ending up as a rotational guy for Pittsburg or Baltimore and then looking like the old Geno when they play us.

(I'm hoping by mentioning it, it won't happen)
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 08:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  The beef with the coaches was all Dunlap IMO.

Since Geno is silent none of us know.

But I do know they played him out of position and he had zero production. His entire career he was one of the best 3-tech DTs in the league lining up on the outside shoulder of the guard.  But Lou moved him to head up on the center.   I am not saying there is anything personal between Geno and the coaches, but players like to be someplace where they are used properly. 
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 10:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since Geno is silent none of us know.

But I do know they played him out of position and he had zero production. His entire career he was one of the best 3-tech DTs in the league lining up on the outside shoulder of the guard.  But Lou moved him to head up on the center.   I am not saying there is anything personal between Geno and the coaches, but players like to be someplace where they are used properly. 

Right, which is why I said IMO. And I think Geno lining up out of position was due to need. Now that we have  Reader and Shelvin, I would suspect he'd be back at 3t rotating with Larry. Moot point though, as he's probably going somewhere else
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 10:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since Geno is silent none of us know.

Geno should have been a"man" and cried on social media....amiright
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 12:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Geno should have been a"man" and cried on social media....amiright

Hilarious
Reply/Quote