Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno
(08-29-2021, 03:47 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Lol, I keep checking in to see if he signed somewhere and all I missed was bickering back and forth lol

Lol, same. That's all this board is anymore. Petty arguments.

Fwiw, I did a quick google search and the last news was that he'd take visits, way back in mid July. I'm assuming the injury is still an issue, or he lost a LOT due to the injury and perhaps his age.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 02:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol, same. That's all this board is anymore. Petty arguments.

Fwiw, I did a quick google search and the last news was that he'd take visits, way back in mid July. I'm assuming the injury is still an issue, or he lost a LOT due to the injury and perhaps his age.

I am shocked, it has be he is not fully healed or in football shape. Something is off, he was just too good for too long for no interest.

I do think vets are guaranteed salary if on a roster game 1, after game 1 no longer a guarantee so maybe a team is waiting for financial and risk reasons.

I hope he gets a job, great guy just was no longer worth his salary, very good football move by team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 02:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol, same. That's all this board is anymore. Petty arguments.

100% and the same ones too over and over...
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 06:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am shocked, it has be he is not fully healed or in football shape. Something is off, he was just too good for too long for no interest.

I do think vets are guaranteed salary if on a roster game 1, after game 1 no longer a guarantee so maybe a team is waiting for financial and risk reasons.

I hope he gets a job, great guy just was no longer worth his salary, very good football move by team.

Agreed. His name alone should be getting him plenty of looks.

He's earned that much with a fantastic career. Would be a shame to see him fizzle out like this.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I thought I saw that he bought a house in his home city of Miami. I know he's allegedly open to trying out for teams, but I kind of get the impression that he's at peace with being finished with football and moving on. He's certainly got plenty of money, and there's zero shame in skipping over the declining years of a great career if there's not a financial need for it.
Reply/Quote
He was never healthy last year.

I know the Bengals were playing him out of position and he got very limited snaps, but a healthy Geno gets more than 1 tackle in 8 games.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 11:20 AM)samhain Wrote:  I kind of get the impression that he's at peace with being finished with football and moving on.  He's certainly got plenty of money, and there's zero shame in skipping over the declining years of a great career if there's not a financial need for it.

Wasn't there a health problem with his wife or new born child last year?

Geno was one of the biggest "anti-publicity" guys ever to play for the Bengals.  If anyone could walk away from the spotlight easily it would be Geno.  He doesn't give a shit about the attention he gets or what the fans think.
Reply/Quote

This is insulting to me. I think everyone must be ignoring me. Now I have to make a petty argument...

DO YOU LIKE THE PRICE/BJ HILL TRADE OR WHAT?!!!  Mellow

I love this board BTW... It is just like every year before the season starts and after another losing season.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is insulting to me. I think everyone must be ignoring me. Now I have to make a petty argument...

DO YOU LIKE THE PRICE/BJ HILL TRADE OR WHAT?!!!  Mellow

I love this board BTW... It is just like every year before the season starts and after another losing season.

That’s not a petty argument. It’s a petty question. just kidding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 02:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol, same. That's all this board is anymore. Petty arguments.

Indeed

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 03:18 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: That’s not a petty argument.  It’s a petty question.   just kidding

Yeah, I know, just messin' with Shake. Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wasn't there a health problem with his wife or new born child last year?

Geno was one of the biggest "anti-publicity" guys ever to play for the Bengals.  If anyone could walk away from the spotlight easily it would be Geno.  He doesn't give a shit about the attention he gets or what the fans think.

Your statement here kind of contradicts itself. You acknowledge he played when he could have opted out with cause, but then finish with he doesn't give a shit what the fans think. I'm sure he strapped it up last year for the team and its supporters. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 12:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your statement here kind of contradicts itself. You acknowledge he played when he could have opted out with cause, but then finish with he doesn't give a shit what the fans think. I'm sure he strapped it up last year for the team and its supporters. 

No contradiction. I am pretty sure Geno played last year for the teammates he knowd personally and the team that has paid him well. He talks and has personal interactions with them all the time. It is mainly just the media and fans he doesn't talk to.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No contradiction. I am pretty sure Geno played last year for the teammates he knowd personally and the team that has paid him well. He talks and has personal interactions with them all the time. It is mainly just the media and fans he doesn't talk to.

That's kinda different than "doesn't give a shit what they think"...don't you agree? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2021, 10:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's kinda different than "doesn't give a shit what they think"...don't you agree? 

I agree. Just "kinda".
Reply/Quote