Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins Clone
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/osa-odighizuwa-nfl-draft-player-profile-ucla-defensive-tackle/#:~:text=Osa%20Odighizuwa%E2%80%99s%20best%20fits%20in%20the%202021%20NFL,power%20in%20both%20run%20and%20pass%20defense%20adequately.

squats 700 lbs and benches 420

84 inch wingspan
34 1/8 arms
10 6/8 hands
6'2 280 4.73 40 time

I think he could play the Edge on passing downs as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI_tmkBubvY
Reply/Quote
That's my guy! Him and Twyman from Pittsburgh are two guys that the Bengals should look at drafting to replace Geno.
Osa reminds me of Michael Bennet with his outside/inside flexibility.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 12:54 PM)J24 Wrote: That's my guy! Him and Twyman from Pittsburgh are two guys that the Bengals should look at drafting to replace Geno.
Osa reminds me of Michael Bennet with his outside/inside flexibility.

Love this guy and twyman also for us....really like Bobby Brown lll too
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 12:54 PM)J24 Wrote: That's my guy! Him and Twyman from Pittsburgh are two guys that the Bengals should look at drafting to replace Geno.
Osa reminds me of Michael Bennet with his outside/inside  flexibility.

What are Twyman's dimensions?

Osa and McNeal are the two 3-techs I have been liking lately.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 06:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What are Twyman's dimensions?

Osa and McNeal are the two 3-techs I have been liking lately.

6-2 290  but he hasn't had any official weigh one yet. He is very similar to Geno in build.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 06:40 PM)J24 Wrote: 6-2 290  but he hasn't had any official weigh one yet. He is very similar to Geno in build.

Cool, time to bring in Geno's replacement. There are some guys that could fit the bill in this Draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 07:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, time to bring in Geno's replacement. There are some guys that could fit the bill in this Draft.

He's basically a 4-3 3 technique who you move inside on passing downs.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 06:52 AM)pulses Wrote: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/osa-odighizuwa-nfl-draft-player-profile-ucla-defensive-tackle/#:~:text=Osa%20Odighizuwa%E2%80%99s%20best%20fits%20in%20the%202021%20NFL,power%20in%20both%20run%20and%20pass%20defense%20adequately.

squats 700 lbs and benches 420

84 inch wingspan
34 1/8 arms
10 6/8 hands
6'2 280  4.73 40 time

I think he could play the Edge on passing downs as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI_tmkBubvY
what round is his draft projection? 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 08:37 PM)kalibengal Wrote: what round is his draft projection? 

Likely varies from ratings service to ratings service. The Draft Network has him at 104, late 3rd to early 4th.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 08:37 PM)kalibengal Wrote: what round is his draft projection? 

Anywhere from the 2nd to the 4th
Reply/Quote
Bumb
J24

Reply/Quote
You want an Geno Atkins Clone let me introduce you to WVU's Darius Stills. Stills is 6'1 290 ish and built exactly like Geno. He is also explosive and powerful off the snap with natural leverage. Stills isnt as technically refined as Geno was coming out being at WVU instead of Georgia but he could be a dynamic interior rusher his first year and develop into an starter year two.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 03:34 PM)Synric Wrote: You want an Geno Atkins Clone let me introduce you to WVU's Darius Stills. Stills is 6'1 290 ish and built exactly like Geno. He is also explosive and powerful off the snap with natural leverage. Stills isnt as technically refined as Geno was coming out being at WVU instead of Georgia but he could be a dynamic interior rusher his first year and develop into an starter year two.

Awesome, just what we need. Glad there are some good 3-techs in this Draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 03:34 PM)Synric Wrote: You want an Geno Atkins Clone let me introduce you to WVU's Darius Stills. Stills is 6'1 290 ish and built exactly like Geno. He is also explosive and powerful off the snap with natural leverage. Stills isnt as technically refined as Geno was coming out being at WVU instead of Georgia but he could be a dynamic interior rusher his first year and develop into an starter year two.
Strengths

Darius Stills generally plays inside as a three-technique or a one-technique. He appears better working as a 2i with an inside shade on the guard. His quickness off of the snap and his explosive get off are tough for guards to match on the inside. He beats offensive linemen to the punch and can get to the inside shoulder quickly to turn and get the offensive lineman in a chase position. Stills is best as a pass rusher. He uses his hands really well and has a solid counter and rushes with a thought-out plan. He can be used as a pocket mover in the passing game that can penetrate up the middle and cause the quarterback to move off of his spot and get him uncomfortable. This will help outside edge rushers to get pressure on the opposing team’s quarterback.

Weaknesses

Darius Stills doesn’t lack strength but he can find himself getting stood up and being outmatched by stronger offensive linemen. His biggest struggles are in the running game when he’s trying to squeeze lanes or take on double teams. He doesn’t have the overall technique or the game-changing strength to get off of blocks consistently and make plays in the trenches. He will be used purely as a pass rusher from the interior at the next level.

Should be there in Round 4 or 5 I would think.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 06:09 PM)pulses Wrote: Strengths

Darius Stills generally plays inside as a three-technique or a one-technique. He appears better working as a 2i with an inside shade on the guard. His quickness off of the snap and his explosive get off are tough for guards to match on the inside. He beats offensive linemen to the punch and can get to the inside shoulder quickly to turn and get the offensive lineman in a chase position. Stills is best as a pass rusher. He uses his hands really well and has a solid counter and rushes with a thought-out plan. He can be used as a pocket mover in the passing game that can penetrate up the middle and cause the quarterback to move off of his spot and get him uncomfortable. This will help outside edge rushers to get pressure on the opposing team’s quarterback.

Weaknesses

Darius Stills doesn’t lack strength but he can find himself getting stood up and being outmatched by stronger offensive linemen. His biggest struggles are in the running game when he’s trying to squeeze lanes or take on double teams. He doesn’t have the overall technique or the game-changing strength to get off of blocks consistently and make plays in the trenches. He will be used purely as a pass rusher from the interior at the next level.

Sounds about right for what we need. Just don't use him on rushing downs early on is all. We need a pass rushing DT, 
Stills is this type. Boogie Basham in the 2nd and Darius Stills in the 4th or 5th and our pass rush is upgraded most likely.

A draft starting out like this would be awesome IMO...

1st - Sewell
2nd - Basham
3rd - Tylan Wallace/Jaelon Darden
4th - Darius Stills

Get Thuney/Daryl Williams in FA with another 4-3 End.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 06:09 PM)pulses Wrote: Strengths

Weaknesses

Speaking of Geno Atkins Clone that Scouting Profile is damn near identical to Geno's coming out of Georgia.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 06:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds about right for what we need. Just don't use him on rushing downs early on is all. We need a pass rushing DT, 
Stills is this type. Boogie Basham in the 2nd and Darius Stills in the 4th or 5th and our pass rush is upgraded most likely.

A draft starting out like this would be awesome IMO...

1st - Sewell
2nd - Basham
3rd - Tylan Wallace/Jaelon Darden
4th - Darius Stills

Get Thuney/Daryl Williams in FA with another 4-3 End.

Wish we could afford Dupree. The stoolers won't be able to keep him.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 07:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Speaking of Geno Atkins Clone that Scouting Profile is damn near identical to Geno's coming out of Georgia.

Thought the same thing...

(03-03-2021, 08:23 PM)pulses Wrote: Wish we could afford Dupree. The stoolers won't be able to keep him.

That would be awesome to get Dupree while stealing him from the Stealers...

Just have to make a lot of cuts and we could afford him. Cut Geno, Gio, Finney, Hart, Uzomah and we could afford Dupree, Sheldon
Rankins and get some good OL like Scherff/Gabe Jackson and Daryl Williams/Ricky Wagner.
Reply/Quote