Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins - Second child!
(08-01-2020, 02:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  They don't need folks on a message board calling him insane, 

YOU were the first one to claim he would be insane to take $150K instead of $14 million.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we just wish Geno and his family the best no matter what he decides and leave it at that? This thread has the potential to get really gross...

I agree. I'll support him whatever he chooses. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 01:27 PM)J24 Wrote: I'm already nervous for him due to his sickle cell trait + now having a baby in December I would have question his sanity if he does play.

(08-01-2020, 02:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: YOU were the first one to claim he would be insane to take $150K instead of $14 million.

I made no such claim and damn sure wasn't the first to do it:

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I made no such claim and damn sure wasn't the first to do it:

Obviously Geno is a grown man and I'm sure will make the most informed decision he can.  Looking from an outside perspective though it doesn't make much sense if he does play. With that being said I'm not a doctor nor went to a Holliday inn last night so i am far from an expert and shouldn't be taken seriously on this subject.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 01:11 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Geno just announced on Instagram that he is having his second child. Congrats to the Atkins family!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDWZzqwJgkN/

To make this football related, I have to imagine this makes him opting out close to certain.

Congrats to Geno, wouldn't blame him if he opted out with his situation. Others though like Tapou and Prince?

I don't care for it. Need to be tough to play this game in the first place, bad sign in my eyes with these players.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I made no such claim and damn sure wasn't the first to do it:

Sorry.  You were not the first to bring it up.  But you did claim one of these decisions was more sane than the other.

(08-01-2020, 01:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which would be more sane:

Making $14 Mil for your young family this year or making $150K? 
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Others though like Tapou and Prince?

I don't care for it. Need to be tough to play this game in the first place, bad sign in my eyes with these players.

You have no idea why they decided to opt out.  They could very well have good reasons.

Stop letting your political beliefs control your opinion on this.  Being tough has nothing to do with protecting your own health or the health of your family members. 
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Depends on if you think valueing money more than the health of your pregnant wife is "sane"?. 

(08-01-2020, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What kind of man would do that while his wife is pregnant?

(08-01-2020, 02:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stop letting your political beliefs control your opinion on this.  

Good advice we all should strive to follow. 

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dude, I would let them inject rona in me and transplant cancer into my body for 16mil so I could leave that to my family. Shit, wife would remarry and that SOB would spend all her money. Nevermind, bad idea.  Whatever

I'd think about that injection myself... I'd take the money to the grave with me though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 03:21 PM)jason Wrote: I'd think about that injection myself... I'd take the money to the grave with me though.

I would donate it to thebengalsboard.com  Ninja

Reply/Quote
Just so everyone knows about Sickle Cell trait.

Sickle cell disease is an inherited group of disorders in which red blood cells contort into a sickle shape. With sickle cell trait, a child receives the sickle cell gene mutation from only one parent. In this case, the child doesn't get the disease, but can pass the defective gene on to future generations.

Same type of thing with Cystic Fibrosis. My wife and I both have 1 defective gene and both passed it on to one of our kids. Our other kid didn’t receive the recessive gene from either one of us.

Since both parents pass one of the genes on he got 1 defective and 1 fine which makes him just a carrier. If his wife has the recessive gene and they both pass that on then his kid would have Sickle cell. If only one passes it on, the kid would have sickle cell trait. If the wife does not have the Recessive gene the kid could only be a carrier @ worst, or possibly Geno would pass on the good gene and the kid would not even be a carrier.

For the OPs post, I have no problem with any of them sitting out for any reason. I wish I could afford sitting out from my job.
Reply/Quote
Bottom line is it's up to Geno, and I respect whatever decision he makes. That said, some of you act like if he opts out he is guaranteed not to bring it home to his wife and child anyway. The only guarantee not to get it is if you live on a mountaintop somewhere and never leave home. So opting out and giving away millions only makes sense to me, if you are going to bunker in for the next year or two waiting for this to go away or a reliable treatment to come forth. If you're going to go to Kroger, you might as well play. At least that way you know the people around you have been tested.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bottom line is it's up to Geno, and I respect whatever decision he makes. That said, some of you act like if he opts out he is guaranteed not to bring it home to his wife and child anyway. The only guarantee not to get it is if you live on a mountaintop somewhere and never leave home. So opting out and giving away millions only makes sense to me, if you are going to bunker in for the next year or two waiting for this to go away or a reliable treatment to come forth. If you're going to go to Kroger, you might as well play. At least that way you know the people around you have been tested.

Going to Kroger with a mask on is just a little different than swapping bodily fluids with opposing players every single snap, and being around countless coaches, staff, etc. Plus all the traveling from city to city.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 05:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Going to Kroger with a mask on is just a little different than swapping bodily fluids with opposing players every single snap, and being around countless coaches, staff, etc. Plus all the traveling from city to city.

All of those people are tested, and they fly on chartered aircraft. Do you know where the guy you just passed in the aisle at Kroger has been with his non-N-95 cloth mask that cannot filter a virus?
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 05:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All of those people are tested, and they fly on chartered aircraft. Do you know where the guy you just passed in the aisle at Kroger has been with his non-N-95 cloth mask that cannot filter a virus?

They’ve been testing in MLB too, hasn’t stopped teams like the Marlins from having outbreaks. The Reds had a player test positive one game into the season.

And even with private jets you still have to frequent hotels, restaurants, etc. I can avoid the guy at Kroger easily enough. Athletes that play contact sports can’t.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 05:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’ve been testing in MLB too, hasn’t stopped teams like the Marlins from having outbreaks. The Reds had a player test positive one game into the season.

And even with private jets you still have to frequent hotels, restaurants, etc. I can avoid the guy at Kroger easily enough. Athletes that play contact sports can’t.

And I said, it's up to him. It's his decision. But opting out is not a guarantee you do not get it either. How many people have caught it now not playing sports?
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 05:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’ve been testing in MLB too, hasn’t stopped teams like the Marlins from having outbreaks. The Reds had a player test positive one game into the season.

Well an internal investigation revealed Marlins got it because they didn't follow protocol. They went to hotel bar and went out on the town. 

Also comparing the travels of a MLB team to an NFL team is apples to oranges. The longest distance the Bengals travel this year is Houston. All other away games can be done the morning of.  

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 05:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And I said, it's up to him. It's his decision. But opting out is not a guarantee you do not get it either. How many people have caught it now not playing sports?

That’s like saying you might as well not wear your seatbelt because you can still die in a car crash. And there’s no guarantee it’ll save you if you do wear it.

It’s all about mitigating the risk.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well an internal investigation revealed Marlins got it because they didn't follow protocol. They went to hotel bar and went out on the town. 

Also comparing the travels of a MLB team to an NFL team is apples to oranges. The longest distance the Bengals travel this year is Houston. All other away games can be done the morning of.  

And you don’t think people not following protocol is going to be a problem in the NFL? So if all the Bengals do exactly what they’re supposed to but an opposing team doesn’t they’re screwed anyway.

And travel is travel. Distance isn’t really a big deal. It’s still multiple hotels, restaurants, etc.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 05:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And you don’t think people not following protocol is going to be a problem in the NFL? So if all the Bengals do exactly what they’re supposed to but an opposing team doesn’t they’re screwed anyway.

And travel is travel. Distance isn’t really a big deal. It’s still multiple hotels, restaurants, etc.

I think people you encounter everyday don't follow protocol. difference is these players are constantly tested/monitored. I think the Marlins will be a cautionary and I'd like to see which Bengal would defy Geno because I'm sure he's be a very loud voice in the locker room. and I'm sure other NFL players have similar leadership.

There's no hotels or restaurants if you travel same day.  Seems like folks are just looking for reasons for Geno to sit. Dude's all grown up. 

Reply/Quote