Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins - Second child!
(08-01-2020, 02:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no idea why they decided to opt out.  They could very well have good reasons.

Stop letting your political beliefs control your opinion on this.  Being tough has nothing to do with protecting your own health or the health of your family members. 

Hiding from this doesn't seem the way to go from what I am hearing.

Knowledgeable beliefs is more like it. This virus is full of disinformation and I don't believe a lot of the crap I am told unlike you.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 06:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think people you encounter everyday don't follow protocol. difference is these players are constantly tested/monitored. I think the Marlins will be a cautionary and I'd like to see which Bengal would defy Geno because I'm sure he's be a very loud voice in the locker room. and I'm sure other NFL players have similar leadership.

There's no hotels or restaurants if you travel same day.  Seems like folks are just looking for reasons for Geno to sit. Dude's all grown up. 

No, folks are just being completely understanding of why it sounds like a bad idea for someone like Geno.

Also, are they really going to travel same day to all those games? Seems like a logistical nightmare.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 06:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  I don't believe a lot of the crap I am told unlike you.

That is funny because I think yiu are the one who blindly believes everything certain people tell you.

If "hiding from it" is not the best plan then what do you suggest?

Demon repellent?

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 06:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, folks are just being completely understanding of why it sounds like a bad idea for someone like Geno.

Also, are they really going to travel same day to all those games? Seems like a logistical nightmare.

Not sure what the logistical nightmare would be. Send the equipment guys down a couple days early to set up the locker rooms and then fly in on a charter. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what the logistical nightmare would be. Send the equipment guys down a couple days early to set up the locker rooms and then fly in on a charter. 

Some flights would be too long,  But they could tweak the schedule a little if they had to.  Probably 90% of them could be done in one day.

But Dallas kind of screws the entire NFC East.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what the logistical nightmare would be. Send the equipment guys down a couple days early to set up the locker rooms and then fly in on a charter. 

I’m talking about the entire league, not just the Bengals. For us, with our schedule, it probably wouldn’t be too bad, but are the rest of the teams going to be able to do that? Doubtful.

Reply/Quote
Serious Question? Why can't the NFL and MLB do individual Bubbles all year? I mean isn't that what Training Camp & Spring Training already are anyways?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 10:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Serious Question? Why can't the NFL and MLB do individual Bubbles all year? I mean isn't that what Training Camp & Spring Training already are anyways?

NFL players are not going to want to be away from their families for 6 months.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 10:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: NFL players are not going to want to be away from their families for 6 months.

I get that but sometimes you have to do what is best for the business. Anyways in the NBA bubble there letting family in after the second RD of the Playoffs couldn't the NFL make similar adjustments?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 10:31 PM)J24 Wrote: I get that but sometimes you have to do what is best for the business. Anyways in the NBA bubble there letting family in after the second RD of the Playoffs couldn't the NFL make similar adjustments?

I guess the problem there would be the size of NFL teams and coaching staffs compared to NBA. That’s a LOT more people.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 09:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Some flights would be too long,  But they could tweak the schedule a little if they had to.  Probably 90% of them could be done in one day.

But Dallas kind of screws the entire NFC East.

Crazy things:

Dallas in the NFC East and Carolina in the NFC South

Indy in the AFC South and Miami in the AFC East.

Someone should get a globe and go with:

AFC  
South- Jax, NO, Miami, TB
North: Cincy, Indy, Pitt, Clv
East: Balt, NYG. Wash, NYJ
West: LAR, LAC, SF, Sea

NFC
East- Philly, Buf, NE, Det
South: ATL, Car, Ten, Hou
North: Chi, GBP, KC, Min
West: Den, LVR, ARZ, Dal

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Crazy things:

Dallas in the NFC East and Carolina in the NFC South

Indy in the AFC South and Miami in the AFC East.

Someone should get a globe and go with:

AFC  
South- Jax, NO, Miami, TB
North: Cincy, Indy, Pitt, Clv
East: Balt, NYG. Wash, NYJ
West: LAR, LAC, SF, Sea

NFC
East- Philly, Buf, NE, Det
South: ATL, Dal, Ten, Hou
North: Chi, GBP, KC, Min
West: Den, LVR, ARZ, Sea

I cant figure out which team you left out since seattle is listed twice, but the hypothetical NFC north and south would be some pretty tough divisions. 
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 11:11 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I cant figure out which team you left out since seattle is listed twice, but the hypothetical NFC north and south would be some pretty tough divisions. 

Carolina

Put them in the NFC South and move DAL to the AFC West to replace Sea

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 10:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Serious Question? Why can't the NFL and MLB do individual Bubbles all year? I mean isn't that what Training Camp &  Spring Training already are anyways?

I thin it mainly has to do with the size of MLB and NFL rosters and fields compared to NBA.  There are over 10 basketball courts in the bubble facilities to allow for practice and games. There is just no place available with 10 football fields/baseball diamonds.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 09:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I thin it mainly has to do with the size of MLB and NFL rosters and fields compared to NBA.  There are over 10 basketball courts in the bubble facilities to allow for practice and games. There is just no place available with 10 football fields/baseball diamonds.

I think he meant each team stay in their own bubble. Perhaps something like ATL already has:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/30/falcons-massive-setup-includes-townhouses-that-double-as-lockers/

Quote:“We’re lucky that we’ve got a lot of space and a massive setup,” Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan said on Wednesday’s #PFTPM podcast. “For us to be able to kind of space out and make sure we are up to code on all of the protocols, we have these kind of townhomes that we stay in during training camp that are built right behind our facility, which we’re able to use as our locker room right now. We each have our own individual bathroom and bed and changing area, and all that kind of stuff. We’re uniquely built to kind of handle this, and our staff here has done an amazing job of trying to make it safe as possible for everybody and appreciate them doing that.”

An organization as lucrative as the NFL could set protocols for all others to follow.  

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 09:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is funny because I think yiu are the one who blindly believes everything certain people tell you.

If "hiding from it" is not the best plan then what do you suggest?

Demon repellent?

Rolleyes

WTF?
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: WTF?

Weren't you one of the guys who was impressed with Stella Emmanuel?
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 02:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Weren't you one of the guys who was impressed with Stella Emmanuel?

No, was just saying not every Doctor agrees with the Fauci BS...

I have no idea about Emmanuel's other thoughts.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 02:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No, was just saying not every Doctor agrees with the Fauci BS...

I have no idea about Emmanuel's other thoughts.

So back to my original question.

If "hiding from it" is not the best action then what do you suggest?
Reply/Quote
Back to the original topic.

I wonder if Geno knows that it is easier to walk around the world with one child than cross the street with two.
Reply/Quote