Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins - Second child!
Geno just announced on Instagram that he is having his second child. Congrats to the Atkins family!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDWZzqwJgkN/

To make this football related, I have to imagine this makes him opting out close to certain.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 01:11 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Geno just announced on Instagram that he is having his second child. Congrats to the Atkins family!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDWZzqwJgkN/

To make this football related, I have to imagine this makes him opting out close to certain.

Why? It affects children less than anyone else.
Reply/Quote
I'm already nervous for him due to his sickle cell trait + now having a baby in December I would have question his sanity if he does play.

My bad for this post Geno is a grown man and is fully capable of making his own decisions.
Enjoy the Fred vs Bfine fight though that this post started!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 01:27 PM)J24 Wrote: I'm already nervous for him due to his sickle cell trait + now having a baby in December I would have question his sanity if he does play.

Which would be more sane:

Making $14 Mil for your young family this year or making $150K? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 01:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why? It affects children less than anyone else.

Moreso about protecting his pregnant wife. Plus, I don’t believe he would be able to be there with his wife during labor if he had played a game recently. Maybe he plays and sits out the two weeks before labor. I could absolutely be wrong, though. Just throwing thoughts out there.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 01:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why? It affects children less than anyone else.

Doesn’t matter. I just had a child a little over 3 months ago and you take all precautions necessary to protect your little ones, especially when in that fragile newborn stage.

Sickle cell + newborn... I’m imagining he will opt out too. We’ll see.
Reply/Quote
If those pictures were from this weekend then he is not even in Cincinnati however, since they said everyone reported I am assuming they were from earlier.

Pregnant women are high risk with COVID with high rates of hospitalization

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 01:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which would be more sane:

Doing what he feels is best for himself and them is the most sane. I doubt they're struggling financially. Mike Leak walked away from 16 million in MLB.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:11 PM)jason Wrote: Doing what he feels is best for himself and them is the most sane. I doubt they're struggling financially. Mike Leak walked away from 16 million in MLB.

Sure is. I just found the assertion that Geno would opt to play as "insane". Doubt they are struggling financially all you want but that doesn't change the fact that $14 Mil goes a lot further for your family's future than $150K

Reply/Quote

Depends on if you think valueing money more than the health of your pregnant wife is "sane"?.  

He does not lose the salary by opting out, and even if he did he has already made over $70 million in the NFL.

That being said I have no idea if he will opt out or not.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:11 PM)jason Wrote: Doing what he feels is best for himself and them is the most sane. I doubt they're struggling financially. Mike Leak walked away from 16 million in MLB.

Dude, I would let them inject rona in me and transplant cancer into my body for 16mil so I could leave that to my family. Shit, wife would remarry and that SOB would spend all her money. Nevermind, bad idea.  Whatever

Reply/Quote

Considering that he is a multi millionaire as is + he can make up that money next season. I would say making 150k + protecting his family.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure is. I just found the assertion that Geno would opt to play as "insane". Doubt they are struggling financially all you want but that doesn't change the fact that $14 Mil goes a lot further for your family's future than $150K

$14M won’t feel so good if his wife gets sick and has a miscarriage.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: $14M won’t feel so good if his wife gets sick and has a miscarriage.

Sad

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Depends on if you think valueing money more than the health of your pregnant wife is "sane"?.  

He does not lose the salary by opting out, and even if he did he has already made over $70 million in the NFL.

That being said I have no idea if he will opt out or not.

This is just made up. You have ni idea the protective measures Geno will take if he chooses to play. 

He doesn't lose the salary it just gets pushed back and he gets one year older. 

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: $14M won’t feel so good if his wife gets sick and has a miscarriage.

Yeah, I don't want to get into a PnR debate but there is conflicting information on if pregnant women are more at risk, Here's what the Mayo Clinic says:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/pregnancy-week-by-week/in-depth/pregnancy-and-covid-19/art-20482639

Risks during pregnancy

Quote:Currently, it isn't clear if pregnant women have a greater chance of getting sick from the COVID-19 virus or if they are more likely to experience serious illness. However, pregnant women are at greater risk of severe illness from other respiratory infections, such as the flu. Potentially, pregnant women could be at increased risk of infection with the COVID-19 virus.

Geno and his family are free to do what they feel is best for their family. They don't need folks on a message board calling him insane, he doesn't value his wife's well-being. he risks killing his child.....who don't have a dog in the fight. 

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is just made up. You have ni idea the protective measures Geno will take if he chooses to play. 

I am not sure what your point is.

He would have to have no contact with her or his other child during the entire season to protect her.  What kind of man would do that while his wife is pregnant?

Obviously you are saying you would go for the money, but a lot of men would not.  Especially if they have already banked over $70 million.  There comes a time when some things are moeimportant than money.
Reply/Quote
Can we just wish Geno and his family the best no matter what he decides and leave it at that? This thread has the potential to get really gross...

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I don't want to get into a PnR debate but there is conflicting information on if pregnant women are more at risk, Here's what the Mayo Clinic says:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/pregnancy-week-by-week/in-depth/pregnancy-and-covid-19/art-20482639

Risks during pregnancy

Geno and his family are free to do what they feel is best for their family. They don't need folks on a message board calling him insane, he doesn't value his wife's well-being. he risks killing his child.....who don't have a dog in the fight. 

Doesn't matter if she is at a "higher risk"  Just the same level of risk as everyone else is bad for a pregnant woman.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not sure what your point is.

He would have to have no contact with her or his other child during the entire season to protect her.  What kind of man would do that while his wife is pregnant?

Obviously you are saying you would go for the money, but a lot of men would not.  Especially if they have already banked over $70 million.  There comes a time when some things are moeimportant than money.

Hell, I've known many and I never questioned their manhood or love for their family. How about we let Geno make the choice and save our commentary on how stupid(unmanly) it would be to play

Reply/Quote