Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins - Second child!
(08-02-2020, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So back to my original question.

If "hiding from it" is not the best action then what do you suggest?

Seems like you are going to get it regardless.

All I suggest is not to get people with underlying issues sick.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 02:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No, was just saying not every Doctor agrees with the Fauci BS...

I have no idea about Emmanuel's other thoughts.

I’m going to take this to the coronavirus thread in PNR so we can discuss the Fauci BS.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 05:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s like saying you might as well not wear your seatbelt because you can still die in a car crash. And there’s no guarantee it’ll save you if you do wear it.

It’s all about mitigating the risk.

Which is why i said, it's up to him. The only risk mitigation for this is to stay away from other people completely.  For me, the money paid for playing with safeguards in place would be worth the risk, since I am not going to cower to this virus by hiding in the basement for the rest of my life. When I go out, I take the "precaution" of wearing a mask, even though I realize a cloth mask does zilch, because it makes other people feel better. If I am going somewhere there is a LOT of people, I put on an N-95 mask.  I'm over 60 and have heart disease, so it's pretty much a death sentence for me. But if they told me I could make multi millions this year playing a game with other people who have also been tested, sign me up. I someone else looks at it differently, that's fine as well. There is no right or wrong to argue about.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Seems like you are going to get it regardless.

All I suggest is not to get people with underlying issues sick.

Even if that is true, it's better to get it now than it was in March, and it'll be better to get it in January than it is now. It's all about buying them time to figure out how to better treat it or come up with a vaccine (which half of us won't get because they heard some quack say not to). The only way to buy them that time is to chill out a lil bit, and steer clear of crowds... That's not hiding.

Also... Many people don't know they have underlying conditions, and the virus has killed more than one young person with no underlying conditions. Yeah... If you get it, there's a good chance you beat it, but do you wanna take that gamble with the stakes being your life or life as you know it? There's a lot of talk of permanent damage from infection.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This is a weird thread all around.

Do ya'll make it a habit to congratulate people (who are 100% not reading this stuff) and adorn their person life events?

Lol.

Then, pontificate about their medical and career and family aspirations and thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 03:34 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: This is a weird thread all around.

Do ya'll make it a habit to congratulate people (who are 100% not reading this stuff) and adorn their person life events?

Lol.

Then, pontificate about their medical and career and family aspirations and thoughts?

What's a person life event? As to the rest.. yep.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 02:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Which is why i said, it's up to him. The only risk mitigation for this is to stay away from other people completely.  For me, the money paid for playing with safeguards in place would be worth the risk, since I am not going to cower to this virus by hiding in the basement for the rest of my life. When I go out, I take the "precaution" of wearing a mask, even though I realize a cloth mask does zilch, because it makes other people feel better. If I am going somewhere there is a LOT of people, I put on an N-95 mask.  I'm over 60 and have heart disease, so it's pretty much a death sentence for me. But if they told me I could make multi millions this year playing a game with other people who have also been tested, sign me up. I someone else looks at it differently, that's fine as well. There is no right or wrong to argue about.

Feel the same Sled, not going to cower to it.

No reason to argue, I just don't like the shaming going on for people who don't wear a mask.

Just saw a vid of some woman with a mask on throwing her hot starbucks on some dude who wasn't wearing a mask BTW.

Not cool.

(08-02-2020, 02:54 PM)jason Wrote: Even if that is true, it's better to get it now than it was in March, and it'll be better to get it in January than it is now. It's all about buying them time to figure out how to better treat it or come up with a vaccine (which half of us won't get because they heard some quack say not to). The only way to buy them that time is to chill out a lil bit, and steer clear of crowds... That's not hiding.

Also... Many people don't know they have underlying conditions, and the virus has killed more than one young person with no underlying conditions. Yeah... If you get it, there's a good chance you beat it, but do you wanna take that gamble with the stakes being your life or life as you know it? There's a lot of talk of permanent damage from infection.

Cannot argue with a lot of this Jase. Nice post.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 03:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same Sled, not going to cower to it.

No reason to argue, I just don't like the shaming going on for people who don't wear a mask.

Just saw a vid of some woman with a mask on throwing her hot starbucks on some dude who wasn't wearing a mask BTW.

Not cool.

Cannot argue with a lot of this Jase. Nice post.

I've also seen one with a woman coughing in another woman's face who had a mask on. I don't know what happened before it but it doesn't matter. I'm tired of shit like that, and the video you brought up. We need to be at each other's throats a lot less than we are. Personally I choose to wear one indoors in public... I have been since early April. Almost everyone here is now because they're mandated, and many businesses are enforcing it. Of course some still aren't doing it... No need to start trouble over it. I just see who to stay the furthest away from.

I'm gonna keep wearing one when this is over... Y'all don't deserve to see this pretty face.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 03:54 PM)jason Wrote: I've also seen one with a woman coughing in another woman's face who had a mask on. I don't know what happened before it but it doesn't matter. I'm tired of shit like that, and the video you brought up. We need to be at each other's throats a lot less than we are. Personally I choose to wear one indoors in public... I have been since early April. Almost everyone here is now because they're mandated, and many businesses are enforcing it. Of course some still aren't doing it... No need to start trouble over it. I just see who to stay the furthest away from.

I'm gonna keep wearing one when this is over... Y'all don't deserve to see this pretty face.

Another nice post, love your last line lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 03:34 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: This is a weird thread all around.

Lol.

Nah, we're usually out curing cancer but we take a stress break sometimes. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 03:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just saw a vid of some woman with a mask on throwing her hot starbucks on some dude who wasn't wearing a mask BTW.

Not cool.

I'm as conservative as they come (hence why I posting this here instead of PnR), but not wearing a mask in public around folks is just selfish. I recently saw a video of a cancer survivor making copies/faxing at Staples. A woman came up beside her without a mask, the lady asked her to wear a mask, she got mad and tried to get in the lady's face, The cancer survivor was using a cane and tried to use it to make the woman keep her distance. The lady threw the cancer survivor to the ground breaking her leg. 

I personally wear a neck gaior when I'm by myself in the store I keep it around my neck but when folks approach and pull it up over my nose. I don't think that's too much to ask of anyone. 

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 04:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm as conservative as they come (hence why I posting this here instead of PnR), but not wearing a mask in public around folks is just selfish. I recently saw a video of a cancer survivor making copies/faxing at Staples. A woman came up beside her without a mask, the lady asked her to wear a mask, she got mad and tried to get in the lady's face, The cancer survivor was using a cane and tried to use it to make the woman keep her distance. The lady threw the cancer survivor to the ground breaking her leg. 

I personally wear a neck gaior when I'm by myself in the store I keep it around my neck but when folks approach and pull it up over my nose. I don't think that's too much to ask of anyone. 

Damn that is some BS, agree, not much to ask trying to keep others safe.

That is selfish, I would wear a mask around people who are at risk no question.

As Jase said, we need to stop going after each other like this.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 03:43 PM)jason Wrote: What's a person life event? As to the rest.. yep.

Congratulating a person you don’t know, on a platform they don’t read, on their new pregnancy is beyond bizarre

Oh I see. Personal vs person typo threw u off
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 02:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No, was just saying not every Doctor agrees with the Fauci BS...

I have no idea about Emmanuel's other thoughts.

"Fauci BS"?

Uhhh. The guy is a very respected and accomplished/published Doctor. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Fauci BS"?

Uhhh. The guy is a very respected and accomplished/published Doctor. 

Served under every president since Ronald Regan....

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 11:49 PM)jason Wrote: Served under every president since Ronald Regan....

Debra Birx is equally as credentialed but it doesn't seem Pelosci is a fan.  

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Debra Birx is equally as credentialed but it doesn't seem Pelosci is a fan.  

Birx has credentials, but she is a sell out sycophant.  She praised Trump for being "attentive to the scientific literature" while he has basically contradicted the scientific literature with his position on the pandemic.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 09:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Birx has credentials, but she is a sell out sycophant.  She praised Trump for being "attentive to the scientific literature" while he has basically contradicted the scientific literature with his position on the pandemic.

And Fauci is an admitted liar. I don't really trust any of them.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 10:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And Fauci is an admitted liar. I don't really trust any of them.

When did Fauci admit that he lied?
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When did Fauci admit that he lied?

He admitted that he told people not to wear masks because it would increase facial touching and increase spread, because they didn't want people to buy up all the masks and 1st responders not get any. I would have respected him saying don't buy masks because other people need them, but that's not what they did. And he admitted it. They told people "don't wear a mask". So if masks work, how many people died because he told them not to wear one? (not that I think masks are anything other than a feel good unless it is an N-95)
Reply/Quote