Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins - Second child!
(08-03-2020, 02:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He admitted that he told people not to wear masks because it would increase facial touching and increase spread, because they didn't want people to buy up all the masks and 1st responders not get any. I would have respected him saying don't buy masks because other people need them, but that's not what they did. And he admitted it. They told people "don't wear a mask". So if masks work, how many people died because he told them not to wear one? (not that I think masks are anything other than a feel good unless it is an N-95)

Lordy.

I don’t think someone as myopic as you ( who admitted to blindly predicting 10 wins for our bungles every year, without any thought behind it) should be discussing the efficacy of anything medically or covid related.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 02:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He admitted that he told people not to wear masks because it would increase facial touching and increase spread, because they didn't want people to buy up all the masks and 1st responders not get any. I would have respected him saying don't buy masks because other people need them, but that's not what they did. And he admitted it. They told people "don't wear a mask". So if masks work, how many people died because he told them not to wear one? (not that I think masks are anything other than a feel good unless it is an N-95)

Well at least he was not lying just to cover his ass or shift blame.

He had the best interest of fighting the disease in mind.  He was not playing politics to shift blame.

If he had just said there was a shortage people would have just started buying more.

And if you think masks other than a N-95 are nothing but a "feel good" then you are ignoring science.
Reply/Quote

Again, that’s from the 60 Minutes interview on March 8th when Fauci said people don’t need to wear masks right now because at that point there were less than 300 known cases nationally. Did you need to wear a mask when the prevalence was in the ballpark of .00001%? No.

None of what he said was a lie.

And for the umpteenth time, wearing a mask or cloth face covering is like a sneeze guard for your face. It’s the same as your mom telling you to cover your mouth when you cough. It reduces the spread of respiratory droplets. So they help reduce the spread of the virus from infected people to others by containing the respiratory droplets when people cough, sneeze, talk, etc. Pretty simple really. Can’t believe we still need to explain.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 02:10 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: Lordy.

I don’t think someone as myopic as you ( who admitted to blindly predicting 10 wins for our bungles every year, without any thought behind it) should be discussing the efficacy of anything medically or covid  related.

Who were you before?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can we try to keep the topic on Geno and his situation? And let's damn sure not insult each other. I realize I have been guilty of derailing as well.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can we try to keep the topic on Geno and his situation? And let's damn sure not insult each other. I realize I have been guilty of derailing as well.

As far as I know there has never been such a politically charged issue as the pandemic that could not be separated from the football season.  The kneeling for the anthem issue was explosive, but you could cut that discussion out of the football talk.  This pandemic has a direct effect on when the season will be played, who will be playing, what special rules will be in place, or even IF the season will be played at all.

I don't really see any answer on how to keep it out of the football forum.  I guess they will just have to keep locking threads.

It is the most toxic issue ever for the football part of this message board.  Even people who usually don't talk politics are drawn in.  This issue effects every person every day.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Debra Birx is equally as credentialed but it doesn't seem Pelosci is a fan.  

Doesn’t seem Trump is a fan either.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/03/politics/trump-birx-coronavirus-task-force/index.html
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: As far as I know there has never been such a politically charged issue as the pandemic that could not be separated from the football season.  The kneeling for the anthem issue was explosive, but you could cut that discussion out of the football talk.  This pandemic has a direct effect on when the season will be played, who will be playing, what special rules will be in place, or even IF the season will be played at all.

I don't really see any answer on how to keep it out of the football forum.  I guess they will just have to keep locking threads.

It is the most toxic issue ever for the football part of this message board.  Even people who usually don't talk politics are drawn in.  This issue effects every person every day.

Fred, just do as he says, not as he does.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can we try to keep the topic on Geno and his situation? And let's damn sure not insult each other. I realize I have been guilty of derailing as well.

(08-03-2020, 04:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Fred, just do as he says, not as he does.

bfine32 Wrote:Can we try to keep the topic on Geno and his situation? And let's damn sure not insult each other. I realize I have been guilty of derailing as well.

All I can do is ask.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 04:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All I can do is ask.

And your response doesn’t have anything to do with Geno’s baby.

Please point out where I insulted you.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Fauci BS"?

Uhhh. The guy is a very respected and accomplished/published Doctor. 

Listen to the Jim Jordan exchange where Fauci avoided admitting that the protestors can spread the virus.

How can anyone admit that and say CROWDS are the problem?

We all know crowds make the virus more contagious and yet the rioters get a free pass.

I don't respect this retoric.

If you do, whatever.
Reply/Quote
To the point, Geno should take care of his baby duh...
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 09:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Listen to the Jim Jordan exchange where Fauci avoided admitting that the protestors can spread the virus.

We all know crowds make the virus more contagious and yet the rioters get a free pass.

If you do, whatever.

I’m going to take this to the Coronavirus thread in PNR where I’m still waiting for you to address your other statements.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 09:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Listen to the Jim Jordan exchange where Fauci avoided admitting that the protestors can spread the virus.

If you do, whatever.

Let me first just say that Jim Jordan is a total asshat and he acted like a petulant child during his 5 minutes. 

As for Fauci, i didn't care for the way he handled his answer but he has said in the past that protests are bad (obviously). 

Other than not wanting to start a whole media thing...i don't know why he didn't specifically say it was bad during the hearing. He was very clear in saying that any large gatherings, especially where masks aren't worn, are bad and make the likelyhood of a spread, that much worse. 

That whole hearing was a bunch of political BULLSHIT, where all the Republicans wanted to do was talk about how great of a job Trump is doing during the pandemic and all the Demorcrats wanted to do was say he's doing terribly and is basically satan. 

It's also not Fauci's job to decide who can do what and when they can do it. 

Jordan was the biggest loser in that whole thing, easily, with the way he acted. There was an African-American woman (i don't recall her name) that came in a pretty close second though. 

Let me just state for the record that i'm a registered Republican and i voted for Trump, not because i like him, because i didn't want another lifelong politician in the office and i especally didn't want Clinton there. I did vote for Obama the first time and wasn't able to vote the second time around because i was picking up my cat from getting spayed and couldn't make it home in time to drop her off and get to the local firestation where i vote (got stuck in traffic)...so, basically i don't vote party lines, i try and vote for who will benefit the average Joe the most. (or someone who isn't a particular asshat and currently in office; looking at you dubya...)

Absolutely nothing that i typed above removes the fact that Fauci is a very respected Doctor and he's a billion times better at giving factual evidence on things like virus' and pandemics than any dumbass politician that you can find in Washington or elsewhere. 

I should have ended there and not typed about how Trump is and looks like a complete buffoon throughout this whole thing...because it's getting way to political and this isn't the place for that, so i'm not going to go on about that. Just pretend i ended after the previous paragraph...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Interesting note about Geno's new born baby "rioting", the red states and rural area's being hit hardest now didn't have the large crowds demonstrating for Geno's baby. Alabama, Arizona, Texas, Tennessee. The places that saw Geno's baby protest the most didn't see the spike, and that's why you don't see many pointing to those situations for fault.

I think those demonstrating in celebration for Geno's baby were wearing masks. It seems like they were in most of the pics.

Or the cure is in the chemicals they used to gas them.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote