Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins Will Play
Despite his Sickle Cell trait.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000609055/article/geno-atkins-to-play-in-denver-despite-sickle-cell-trait
Reply/Quote
As expected.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like it went ok in '11, so should be good again, which is perfect because we need him all up in Brock's grill so he folds like he did in the second half against the Steelers, or to harass old man Manning.

I smell a victory!

It does mention that we'd like to keep it low-scoring, which is smart with their offense, but I wonder if that means that we'll see a heavy dose of Hill.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 03:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Sounds like it went ok in '11, so should be good again, which is perfect because we need him all up in Brock's grill so he folds like he did in the second half against the Steelers, or to harass old man Manning.

I smell a victory!

It does mention that we'd like to keep it low-scoring, which is smart with their offense, but I wonder if that means that we'll see a heavy dose of Hill.

Manning has already been declared inactive. If Brock can't finish, Trevor Siemian is the backup.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 02:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Despite his Sickle Cell trait.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000609055/article/geno-atkins-to-play-in-denver-despite-sickle-cell-trait

Great, as long as he's careful.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 04:17 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Great, as long as he's careful.

This is my feeling too. I'm a bit torn. Geno is a beast and the Bengals will need him if they want to win, but I also am hesitant to try to risk the dude's life (or at least his season) on the game. The Bengals are definitely in the postseason. Would hate for Geno not to be 100% for it because he's sick or tired feeling from just two weeks prior.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 02:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Despite his Sickle Cell trait.

[Image: big_brass_balls1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Broncos board is not happy he is risking himself.

Funny how all of a sudden they care about his health lol
Reply/Quote
Geno will be fine  I posted in another thread that Geno was the best player in the NFL   He is head and shoulders above the other DT's in the NFL   

10 sacks w/ 2 games to go and constantly in the other teams backfield disrupting everything  We need every snap he can give us Monday Night

If Geno and AJ can stay healthy AND retire as Bengals, we have the 2nd and 3rd NFL Hall of Famers in Bengals history on our team right now !

We need a Super Bowl win to guarantee those two wont get "Kenny Andersoned" by HOF voters
Reply/Quote
They'll have an oxygen bottle on the sideline for him, and with the usual rotation, he should be fine....
Reply/Quote
I hope he's okay. Keep an extra eye on him.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
That is awesome that he is playing!! We really need him. Since he did it before and will be in a rotation, it sounds like he should be fine. I sure hope so.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Sickle Cell Trait is different than Sickle Cell Disease.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 06:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The Broncos board is not happy he is risking himself.  

Funny how all of a sudden they care about his health lol

Given the potential of the circumstances, one would think that they would be more concerned with the health of Brock Osweiler.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Confident that our coaching staff will keep a close eye on Geno. No worries.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 11:36 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Given the potential of the circumstances, one would think that they would be more concerned with the health of Brock Osweiler.

I'm thinking if his eye is still swollen shut, he's not going to have much depth perception on his passes..... that's a shame...hehehe.... hope he gets the infection cleared up on Tuesday.
Reply/Quote