Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins to IR
(12-16-2020, 01:23 PM)Synric Wrote: I was really big on Jeffery Simmons and Montez Sweat coming out of Mississippi State. 

Sweat is long and explosive he gets up field fast and those long arms create great separation whe  shedding. Even though Jonah William's is playing well I'm still on the fence that they shouldnt have taken Sweat instead...lol.

It's sure looking like Sweat was the pick this season.... that's for sure. I like Jonah though, and think he'll develop into a fine tackle.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 12:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: I wonder if he was playing because Tupou opted out, and there has been constant injuries at DT. Now that Bledsoe is back, they finally pulled him. If he gutted it out because of something like that, you gotta give the man some props.

This.  And losing Wren early, among others.  He was a HOF 3T for years here and I love him for that.   He is a VERY nice man and I wish him nothing but the best.  I can see him signing for a two year, 10 million dollar deal with the Falcons as that is close to his home. 

It is hardly his fault that our team is horrible this year, given his injury.

I don't want to hope he has a "return to form" after a slightly better than average year in 2019 and an injured year in 2020.  We saw how much AJ declined in two years.  
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 02:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  And losing Wren early, among others.  He was a HOF 3T for years here and I love him for that.   He is a VERY nice man and I wish him nothing but the best.  I can see him signing for a two year, 10 million dollar deal with the Falcons as that is close to his home. 

It is hardly his fault that our team is horrible this year, given his injury.

I don't want to hope he has a "return to form" after a slightly better than average year in 2019 and an injured year in 2020.  We saw how much AJ declined in two years.  

Agreed, and I forgot all about Wren.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He's done... pretty sad
Reply/Quote
A true waste of a season for Atkins.
0 sacks, 0 pressures, 0 TFLs.
Those big contracts to Dunlap (now cut) and Atkins plus tagging AJ Green all look like terrible decisions.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 12:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree 100% Wyche on admiring Geno for the effort. 

But I still think it speaks volumes on the ineptness of this coaching staff. He's been a shell of himself all season, why waste a roster spot on a player that can't contribute ? Why did we waste a roster spot on Ryan Finley ? Why have we wasted a roster spot on two kickers all season ?

AJ Green last year as well...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 01:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That, or maybe Geno did not want to go to IR due to incentives, and wanted to reach a minimum game number. I can't find anything anywhere that talks about if a player who is still capable of playing can be forced to go on IR. I'm willing to bet the players union and their contracts have stipulations. 

It is also possible that he hurt the shoulder more during his last game which made the move to IR necessary

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 04:50 PM)pally Wrote: It is also possible that he hurt the shoulder more during his last game which made the move to IR necessary

Yep, there is a lot that we don't know that goes on which is then placed onto the FO and coaching staff as bad decisions, when in actuality there are real reasons. How many years did we listen to people complain MB wouldn't put a bubble on the practice fields next to the stadium? Everyone always said he was just to cheap to do it. Then Troy comes out and states they can't because the power lines run under the field and the utility company won't let them. Who knows why Geno played injured this season.... no one here, because they haven't told us. Could be for incentives, could be because of lack of players at that position, could be just waiting to see if it healed on it's own prior to having surgery, or it could be bad FO decision. It's all supposition.
Reply/Quote