Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Smith gets HUGE DEAL
3 years and 105 million with 52 million the 1st year.....crazy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/seahawks-qb-geno-smith-reportedly-agrees-to-3-year-105-million-extension-instead-of-hitting-free-agency-231026829.html
Reply/Quote
Carr with 4yr/$150m
Geno with 3yr/$105m

Big money to guys who haven't done much with their careers.

Burrow is going to get a small country for his extension. If they wait to extend him long enough that Hurts, Herbert, and Lamar (assuming he gets traded) get deals and drive up the top market accordingly, it's going to be a large country. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not bad for a QB who looked like his career path was as a backup not long ago.  But also Nick Foles got 50 million guaranteed out of the Jaguars in 2019.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 08:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Carr with 4yr/$150m
Geno with 3yr/$105m

Burrow is going to get a small country for his extension. If they wait to extend him long enough that Hurts, Herbert, and Lamar (assuming he gets traded) get deals and drive up the top market accordingly, it's going to be a large country. Lol

He's gonna get north of 50 Million a year if he wants it.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 09:50 PM)pulses Wrote: He's gonna get north of 50 Million a year if he wants it.

Hey may want $60M/year
Reply/Quote
Lordy, I get that Geno Smith did yeoman's work last year, but he's a prime candidate to turn back into a pumpkin after getting this deal.

Geno with 3yr/$105m

Seeing guys who have already been "no thanks-ed" by teams getting deals like this does make me think Burrow could ask for anything.
Reply/Quote
Chiefs lucked out getting Mahomes inked in 2020 for $450 million for ten years.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 09:50 PM)pulses Wrote: He's gonna get north of 50 Million a year if he wants it.

He was already going to get north of $50m if he wanted it. With Carr and Geno being in the $35-37.5m/yr range, and Daniel Jones allegedly going to be getting around $40m/yr, we might see a gigantic jump in the top tier QB contracts because the scrub starters are greatly increasing the floor and the ceiling has to rise just as much.

All of a sudden Kyle Shannahan might become the hottest coaching tree if he can produce other coaches who can implement a scheme that can get Jimmy G and Brock Purdy to look good. Just cycle through system QBs while they're affordable and save yourself the $60-70m/yr QB contract.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 11:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He was already going to get north of $50m if he wanted it. With Carr and Geno being in the $35-37.5m/yr range, and Daniel Jones allegedly going to be getting around $40m/yr, we might see a gigantic jump in the top tier QB contracts because the scrub starters are greatly increasing the floor and the ceiling has to rise just as much.

All of a sudden Kyle Shannahan might become the hottest coaching tree if he can produce other coaches who can implement a scheme that can get Jimmy G and Brock Purdy to look good. Just cycle through system QBs while they're affordable and save yourself the $60-70m/yr QB contract.

I agree.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 10:35 PM)Nepa Wrote: Chiefs lucked out getting Mahomes inked in 2020 for $450 million for ten years.

Their GM recently stated they would have no problem adjusting his contract if other QB's got more.
Reply/Quote
Really?

I don’t see how the pace of these pay increases is sustainable.

I guess they are aiming for empty stadiums when tickets cost so much nobody can afford to go anymore.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, this really only affects someone like Daniel Jones. No way he's going to get the $45 million deal he wants.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 01:45 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Honestly, this really only affects someone like Daniel Jones. No way he's going to get the $45 million deal he wants.

spotrac has him valued at like 26.2
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 01:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Really?

I don’t see how the pace of these pay increases is sustainable.

I guess they are aiming for empty stadiums when tickets cost so much nobody can afford to go anymore.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chiefs-gm-brett-veach-monitoring-224543305.html
Reply/Quote
Geno with 3yr/$105m

Geno Smith has had a crazy career arc.

Underwhelmed with Jets his first two seasons so he got designated as a backup.
Then he backed up at NYG, LAC, and SEA 2017-2021.
Then he FINALLY gets another starting opportunity on an offense that fits better with his playing style and he actually did well.
Now he finally hits a big contract at 32 years old.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson just got the franchise tag.

This is an interesting quote from the ESPN article: "Sources told ESPN last year that Jackson wants a fully guaranteed deal like the one given to Deshaun Watson last year by the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore is against doing so because the team considers the Watson deal an outlier."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35805253/ravens-use-franchise-tag-qb-lamar-jackson
Reply/Quote
Daniel Jones 4yr/$160m with ANOTHER $35m in incentives available.

So $40m/yr with the possibility of becoming up to $48.75m/yr.

The Bengals really need to hurry up and extend Burrow before top tier QB money becomes $70m/yr. Lol... this is getting absurd very very quickly.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 06:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Daniel Jones 4yr/$160m with ANOTHER $35m in incentives available.

So $40m/yr with the possibility of becoming up to $48.75m/yr.

The Bengals really need to hurry up and extend Burrow before top tier QB money becomes $70m/yr. Lol... this is getting absurd very very quickly.

Yeah, I'm feeling envious of the Chiefs and their contract with Mahomes.  They really lucked on their timing of that contract. 

I realize someone posted that the Chiefs are up to readjusting Mahomes contract, but they don't have to. As the GM said "On one end, we have Pat's deal done." And he's locked in for 10 years. I saw where one Chiefs fan said, "we have him locked until 2032 and he's just about to hit his prime. (Laughs manically)."
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 10:35 PM)Nepa Wrote: Chiefs lucked out getting Mahomes inked in 2020 for $450 million for ten years.

and Josh Allen is getting paid 43 million per year.  The contracts for these 2nd and 3rd tier QBs are just stupid considering what Mahomes and Allen are being paid
Reply/Quote