Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Will Have His Best Year Yet!
At training camp, I typed out to him that he was the best DT in the league and that I'm looking forward to him dominating! He was smiling and loved it!

I inspired him!

This will be his best year yet!

15+ sacks!

MARK IT DOWN!

YOU'RE WELCOME!
Reply/Quote
The man is a beast and is very capable of doing just that!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 12:16 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The man is a beast and is very capable of doing just that!

Still the best at age 30!
Reply/Quote
2 more pro bowls should put him in the Hall of Fame. !!
Reply/Quote
My only criticism with Atkins is that I would like to see him step up in the biggest games. I need him breathing fire against pitt. And, hopefully, in the playoffs. I also think with Billings on one side of him, and any combination of Dunlap, Willis, Hubbard, and Lawson on the outside will only make him better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 07:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: My only criticism with Atkins is that I would like to see him step up in the biggest games. I need him breathing fire against pitt. And, hopefully, in the playoffs. I also think with Billings on one side of him, and any combination of Dunlap, Willis, Hubbard, and Lawson on the outside will only make him better.

2012 against Pittsburgh
Playoff against Pittsburgh

He's shown up when it counts Wink.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 10:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: At training camp, I typed out to him that he was the best DT in the league and that I'm looking forward to him dominating!  He was smiling and loved it!

I inspired him!  

15+ sacks!

MARK IT DOWN!

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Geno is a beast, I hope he stays injury free. I hope Billings, Glasgow or others who line up next to him pick it up so they can't double team Geno on passing downs. I like Austin has been playing Carlos and MJ at both right and left DE positions in preseason. I think teams also have to account for Carlos, him being lined 100% of the time at the left makes it easier for teams to game plan for him.

I think our DL can be exceptional rushing the passer, my concern is the stopping the run. They can't let holes open up quickly allowing a RB to get to second and third level quickly. They also can't get pushed backwards a yard or 2, they have to hold the line and penetrate against the run game creating losses behind the LOS, versus allowing 3 to 4 yards runs or more each rush attempt.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 08:56 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 2012 against Pittsburgh
Playoff against Pittsburgh

He's shown up when it counts Wink.

If we are going to talk about him as he is the second greatest player in Bengal history (as he will be inducted in to the HoF as the 2nd Bengal, which is a joke) then I need to see him play bigger in the biggest games.  The last two years he had one sack and four tackles against pitt.  Now, some of that can be that they game plan around him and the lack of talent around him couldn't take advantage, but I still want more....just like I want more from AJ than what we saw last year.  And, like Geno, I think we will see a lot more from AJ once Ross, Boyd, Eifert, and Malone step up their game...not to mention what a rushing attack could do for him.  
Reply/Quote
Geno has never disappointed imo.

When teams scheme around him that should help the rest of defense by them showing their hand.

Just we have missed Peko last two years more than people want to admit.

Hopefully Billings finally steps up like it appears he is ready to do. If he does the D-line will be a force.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 10:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: At training camp, I typed out to him that he was the best DT in the league and that I'm looking forward to him dominating!  He was smiling and loved it!

I inspired him!  

15+ sacks!

MARK IT DOWN!

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Definately possible, he does look better than ever. Great stuff Brad. Rock On

He IS the best 3-tech DT in the league, better than Aaron Donald who gets all the pub.

If Geno does this it shall be indisputed. Billings getting much better next to him shall help.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 12:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definately possible, he does look better than ever. Great stuff Brad. Rock On

He IS the best 3-tech DT in the league, better than Aaron Donald who gets all the pub.

If Geno does this it shall be indisputed. Billings getting much better next to him shall help.

Billings or whomever lines up next to Geno at our other tackle spot needs to win 70 to 80% of their one on one battles consistently. I would estimate we are closer to 30 to 40% right now and that is not good enough.

I am hopeful Billings steps it up and is as much or more disruptive than Geno since we all know he will be one on one a lot more than Geno.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 01:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Billings or whomever lines up next to Geno at our other tackle spot needs to win 70 to 80% of their one on one battles consistently. I would estimate we are closer to 30 to 40% right now and that is not good enough.

I am hopeful Billings steps it up and is as much or more disruptive than Geno since we all know he will be one on one a lot more than Geno.

I know someone said he got housed on a play last week, but all in all, I thought Billings looked pretty good
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 01:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Billings or whomever lines up next to Geno at our other tackle spot needs to win 70 to 80% of their one on one battles consistently. I would estimate we are closer to 30 to 40% right now and that is not good enough.

I agree, Billings will have to win his one on one matchups which i believe he will, he is just too strong for one
Guard or Center to block. This is why i always wanted the guy in stripes from the first time i watched him at
Baylor, he is one strong dude.

(08-22-2018, 01:15 PM)jason Wrote: I know someone said he got housed on a play last week, but all in all, I thought Billings looked pretty good

Thats what most have been saying, cannot wait to watch him against the Bills this week.

We all know that the Cowboys have one of the best interior Lines in football for Billings to be looking pretty good
against them really has me excited. That was a GREAT early test and he should just get better from here on out
against worse interiors.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, Billings will have to win his one on one matchups which i believe he will, he is just too strong for one
Guard or Center to block. This is why i always wanted the guy in stripes from the first time i watched him at
Baylor, he is one strong dude.

Thats what most have been saying, cannot wait to watch him against the Bills this week.

We all know that the Cowboys have one of the best interior Lines in football for Billings to be looking pretty good
against them really has me excited. That was a GREAT early test and he should just get better from here on out
against worse interiors.

He looked pretty damned disruptive to me...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Geno is the most undderrated play on the team and in the league. I don't think people actually grasp how good he actually is.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 02:09 PM)jason Wrote: He looked pretty damned disruptive to me...

BILLINGS!!! Rock On

(08-22-2018, 02:32 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Geno is the most undderrated play on the team and in the league. I don't think people actually grasp how good he actually is.

Agree with you here Jake, Geno is consistently dominant.

Not many players in the league you can say this about.

Need to get him a ring so he can be a shoe in for the HOF. Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 02:32 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Geno is the most undderrated play on the team and in the league. I don't think people actually grasp how good he actually is.

Probably...

But O linemen know how good he is.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 03:17 PM)jason Wrote: Probably...

But O linemen know how good he is.

Yes they do...
Reply/Quote
This D line should be one of the better units we've put on the field in quite a few years ! Geno should be getting a few less double teams so QB's beware !
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 07:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This D line should be one of the better units we've put on the field in quite a few years ! Geno should be getting a few less double teams so QB's beware !

I agree. There is some weapons there. Good thinking!

Reply/Quote