Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno and Bengals to part ways after season?
(12-16-2020, 06:09 PM)J24 Wrote: I think we're only going to keep one of those two and that's because of the franchise Tag. My bet is Lawson but who knows. If either hit the open market their gone.
As for the D-Line agreed we need multiple players a 3T, DE. Nickle DT, and another Edge.

CB tag is cheaper than DE tag.
Atkins would free up nearly $10 mill in cap for 2021 and $16 mill for 2022, which should help cover (almost) all of the WJ3 or Lawson's contract.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 06:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: CB tag is cheaper than DE tag.
Atkins would free up nearly $10 mill in cap for 2021 and $16 mill for 2022, which should help cover (almost) all of the WJ3 or Lawson's contract.

i imagine we will be able to resign one of them without the tag unless they are both keen on leaving as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 05:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Right now our franchise quarterback is somewhere between surgery and rehab so even that’s iffy at best.   Other than that I would say the Cincinnati Bengals don’t have anybody else who would be considered “franchise” quality.   I fail to see how anybody on the current Cincinnati roster would start on any of the other 31 teams in the NFL.

Really, you don't think Jessie Bates, Tyler Boyd, DJ Reader, WJIII, Joe Mixon, Tee Higgins, Trae Waynes, McKenzie Alexander, Vonn Bell, Jonah Williams, Kevin Huber, Clark Harris or Logan Wilson could start for any other of the 31 teams in the league??? Seriously, or is this just drama?
Reply/Quote
I'd resign a healthy Atkins just to see him play next to a healthy Reader..... and it looks like he is headed for rotator cuff surgery
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 06:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Really, you don't think Jessie Bates, Tyler Boyd, DJ Reader, WJIII, Joe Mixon, Tee Higgins, Trae Waynes, McKenzie Alexander, Vonn Bell, Jonah Williams, Kevin Huber or Logan Wilson could start for any other of the 31 teams in the league??? Seriously, or is this just drama?

Do you think a real NFL team wants to coach the Bengal “stank” out of these guys? The Bengals have more bad habits than a convent full of modernist nuns.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 06:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Please take the time to answer these questions and, for once, provide some context:

1.) What are using to come to the conclusion that is a fact that Jonah is a future star in this league?

Hope is not answer, neither is draft position.  I would like to know what it is that is making you so confident to present this as a fact.  So much so that you reply to someone else saying something as benign as he's not proven yet, with "you're wrong".

2.) What is your definition of a "top back"?  (Is it top 5, top 10, ???)

Curious to see your responses.   It seems you never take the time to explain yourself, or your reasoning.  That would be fine if we were talking about clear opinions, prefaced by "I think" or "I believe", but if you're going to present your posts as factual you should at least take a few seconds to support your argument.
Jonah PFF ranting was a 70 which is a good number for a first year player. If you want more talk to Jon Sheean, Matt Minich, Royal Redlegs, and Joe Goodberry (all top Bengal reporters) there all in agreement that he is a good player and his future is bright.

Joe Mixon was top 5 in yards per game in 2018 and 2019 he was top 12. In the second half of last season he averaged 102 yards per a game which would have put him in the top 5 for the season. Secondly Bill Belicheck called him the best back in the league last season. I agree with Xeno that Mixon has been underused particularly in the pass game but he has been a terrific back since he has been here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 06:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: CB tag is cheaper than DE tag.

We have wayne locked up for over 10 million though plus we have to resign Bates at over 10 million as well. That's a lot of money put in the secondary. Plus wouldn't surprise me if they drafted a CB in the first in the next two drafts. 
I actually think they Franchise Lawson and trade for a 2nd RD to a contending team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 06:57 PM)J24 Wrote: We have wayne locked up for over 10 million though plus we have to resign Bates at over 10 million as well. That's a lot of money put in the secondary. Plus wouldn't surprise me if they drafted a CB in the first in the next two drafts. 
I actually think they Franchise Lawson and trade for a 2nd RD to a contending team.

The Bengals can work out an extension with Bates where the bulk of his new pay comes in 2022 and beyond, just like they did with Mixon.
And regarding Waynes, I think they keep him for 2021 because of $10 mill dead cap, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him potentially cut after next season. Going into 2022, Waynes would only have a $5 mill dead cap but a $16 mill cap hit if kept. If he is cut next offseason, he would free up $11 mill in cap space.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not effectively replacing an aging and declining Pacman really hurt Geno and Dunlap. Geno got almost all of his sacks on 2nd effort and when the Bengals could not cover as well in the past and the opposing teams figured that out, the ball was gone before Geno could put in that 2nd effort. The new LBs are much better at covering the TE and RBs than the LB corp of the last few years but they are still near the bottom of the league.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Typical Bengals move get rid of a possible HOF.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 09:33 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Typical Bengals move get rid of a possible HOF.

He hasn’t looked like a HoFer for 2 years.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 09:33 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Typical Bengals move get rid of a possible HOF.

The typical Bengals move was not trading him last year, freeing up cap space and gaining a 3rd or 4th round pick in the process.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 10:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He hasn’t looked like a HoFer for 2 years.

Coincidentally something else has been not the same around here for 2 years now too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 11:39 PM)jason Wrote: Coincidentally something else has been not the same around here for 2 years now too...

Yep. And Dunlap proved it was at least partially coaching and scheme holding him back.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 06:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Do you think a real NFL team wants to coach the Bengal “stank” out of these guys? The Bengals have more bad habits than a convent full of modernist nuns.

Tyler Boyd is an excellent WR, and Tee Higgins will have you eating those words very soon. Higgins is a rookie, and he's steadily be at around 5 catches and 70 yards a game. His drop off hasnt even been extreme with the 2 turds under center. Jesse Bates is for real, and that stank rolled right off Dunlap in Seattle. There are pieces here... There's just a buncha morons trying to put the puzzle together.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 11:49 PM)jason Wrote: Tyler Boyd is an excellent WR, and Tee Higgins will have you eating those words very soon. Higgins is a rookie, and he's steadily be at around 5 catches and 70 yards a game. His drop off hasnt even been extreme with the 2 turds under center. Jesse Bates is for real, and that stank rolled right off Dunlap in Seattle. There are pieces here... There's just a buncha morons trying to put the puzzle together.

I really hope Tee breaks Collinsworth’s rookie receptions record. The yds record is probably out of reach now that we don’t have a QB that can throw more than 10 yds down the field.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 11:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I really hope Tee breaks Collinsworth’s rookie receptions record. The yds record is probably out of reach now that we don’t have a QB that can throw more than 10 yds down the field.

It's amazing that he's even near the record for receptions. He really wasn't even in the line up til week 3 or so. Higgins was quietly putting together a very nice season, and he was sorta matchup proof. I don't think it's a huge stretch to say he's gonna be Burrow's guy... AJ Green kinda spoiled us as to what rookies can do at that position, and it's easy to forget that WRs tend to breakout in years 2 or 3. Tee is one of the few things to be excited about from this season.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'd say Geno's decline has been a combo of injury and poor fit in this terrible new defense. He could probably offer a couple more solid years in a scheme that suits his talents. I wish him well on his next team. All-time Bengal who had zero off-field issues. We were lucky to have him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I would have liked to see what he could do if he was healthy this year. Obviously he wasn't.

Even if he can still be productive, it makes a lot of sense to move on to save the cap money and then re-sign Lawson and WJ3. He doesn't really fit into our scheme anyway; that money is better spent on the younger, more productive players. We really should have traded Atkins and Dunlap if the coaches had the long-term plan of changing the scheme like they did. Why not get something for them instead of playing them out of position? Poor foresight once again.

I'd like to see him rebound with a team like Minnesota next year. Zimmer would know how to use him properly. They have cap issues though, so maybe he'd be looking at another team that runs a 4-3.

Sadly we could be losing AJ next year too. I hope to see him playing for a contender and be a come back player of the year nominee. I wouldn't mind re-signing him for a lower value contract a la Larry Fitzgerald, but it seemed from his last press conference that he may be thinking of doing what's best for his career (leaving). His cap money is better spent on an OG in free agency. Draft Sewell. Draft a defensive playmaker in round 2. Maybe get a WR in FA or in the middle of the draft. Personnel-wise, we can be a lot better next year, especially if the players that are injured come back strong and we invest in the offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 06:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Do you think a real NFL team wants to coach the Bengal “stank” out of these guys?  The Bengals have more bad habits than a convent full of modernist nuns.

Any "real" NFL team would give their eye teeth to have Jessie Bates roaming at safety. Tyler Boyd is on track for his 3rd consecutive 1000 yd. season, so yes, they would want to coach him. Joe Mixon is a top 10 RB in the league, so yep. DJ Reader is one of the best in the league at his position, so yep. Tee Higgins is having a tremendous rookie season and will most likely break the franchise rookie receiving record, any coach would love to have him. And the list goes on. So yep. You're just being a drama queen saying there's no talent on this team that could start elsewhere. There are plenty of quality starters on this team. 
Reply/Quote