Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno and Daniels-rehab field
Geno Atkins and Mike Daniels are both on the rehab field. This is a positive move for Geno who hasn't been on any field since before week 1.

Shawn Williams returned to practice

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 12:43 PM)pally Wrote: Geno Atkins and Mike Daniels are both on the rehab field.  This is a positive move for Geno who hasn't been on any field since before week 1.

Shawn Williams returned to practice

People hate on Williams, but he can tackle. Bates poor tackling against the Browns popped up again. A safety has to be a great tackler, he was solely responsible all night against the Browns for giving them an extra 10 yards and TD's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 12:43 PM)pally Wrote: This is a positive move for Geno who hasn't been on any field since before week 1.

Good for him

The first step of rehab is admitting that you have a problem.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know what Geno's actual injury is?

The only thing I've seen is "shoulder", which tells me nothing.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:14 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Does anyone know what Geno's actual injury is?

The only thing I've seen is "shoulder", which tells me nothing.

Likely an AC sprain.
Reply/Quote
Good to hear, we need all the help on D we can get.
Reply/Quote
Geno's the X factor on our defense. He changes how offenses block and the entire way they play.

Hopefully he's back this week or next so we can put up some Ws before the season's lost (our o-line also has to show up).
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Geno's the X factor on our defense. He changes how offenses block and the entire way they play.

Hopefully he's back this week or next so we can put up some Ws before the season's lost (our o-line also has to show up).

What are the odds of an 0-2 team making the playoffs?

So low the Bengals are already playing for draft position next year.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What are the odds of an 0-2 team making the playoffs?

10% of 0-2 teams comeback to make the playoffs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Need them badly. This D is likely somewhere between what we saw SD verses what we saw Browns & we still haven't saw a healthy group as a whole. If nothing else just to give our main guys breathers every now & then. I for one am anxious to see Geno & Reader as a tandem.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 06:02 PM)Synric Wrote: 10% of 0-2 teams comeback to make the playoffs.

we are simply seeing if burrow can be better than 2-14 this year.
Reply/Quote
A few extra days on the week, possibly getting some much-needed D help back and playing the Eagles can hopefully get things on the right path. I'm not sure how many more weeks I can put up with my new Squealer neighbor if this team can't make a few things click.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 12:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: People hate on Williams, but he can tackle. Bates poor tackling against the Browns popped up again. A safety has to be a great tackler, he was solely responsible all night against the Browns for giving them an extra 10 yards and TD's.

He has to fix that. That's a serious issue.

(09-21-2020, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good for him

The first step of rehab is admitting that you have a problem.

LOL

(09-21-2020, 05:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What are the odds of an 0-2 team making the playoffs?

(09-21-2020, 06:02 PM)Synric Wrote: 10% of 0-2 teams comeback to make the playoffs.

You have to throw all that out the window. No preseason. These guys don't practice as hard as they play. We can still get back in it and light a huge fire. Just hopefully not a dumpster fire (a phrase I hate).

(09-21-2020, 07:32 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: A few extra days on the week, possibly getting some much-needed D help back and playing the Eagles can hopefully get things on the right path.  I'm not sure how many more weeks I can put up with my new Squealer neighbor if this team can't make a few things click.

You know how to shut up your neighbor? Light his house on fire (seriously, don't do that I was kidding, but if you did I would understand completely). I'm totally with you on having a chance to get things back on track. As I said in another thread, We didn't have time to fix the problems we seen against SD. We were on a plane to Cleveland 3 days later. 

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 07:32 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: A few extra days on the week, possibly getting some much-needed D help back and playing the Eagles can hopefully get things on the right path.  I'm not sure how many more weeks I can put up with my new Squealer neighbor if this team can't make a few things click.

That's why I don't talk to people.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 07:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You know how to shut up your neighbor? Light his house on fire (seriously, don't do that I was kidding, but if you did I would understand completely). I'm totally with you on having a chance to get things back on track. As I said in another thread, We didn't have time to fix the problems we seen against SD. We were on a plane to Cleveland 3 days later. 

Living in Bronco country isn't so bad since they don't have a whole lot to brag about themselves unless we go head-to-head and they win.  But my neighbor, man.  He just comes strutting over after the Bengals lose with this smirk on his face asking if I watched the game.  And then usually ending the conversation with some off-hand remark about some big game the Bengals lost to the stools at some point in the past.  Needless to say we're not friends... 
Reply/Quote
Do you know what I have found that works wonders in situations like that?

Bear spray...
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Geno's the X factor on our defense.  He changes how offenses block and the entire way they play.

Geno brings speed,quickness and low-center of gravity to the NG /DT position. He still gets swallowed up pretty good against real good, mammoth OL's but he's the only defensive player the past several years that an offense has to worry about and scheme against and, to be honest, he's not even the player he was a few years ago and the player they need him to be.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:19 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Likely an AC sprain.

How's his DC doing? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 12:33 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Living in Bronco country isn't so bad since they don't have a whole lot to brag about themselves unless we go head-to-head and they win. 

Jeff Driskell is passing for more yards per game and has a higher passer rating than Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 09:55 AM)PhilHos Wrote: How's his DC doing? Ninja

Apparently not very well.

It is going from positive to negative.
Reply/Quote