Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno back to old self
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Geno-looking-like-Geno/01d7e0e1-118c-4771-89df-551c637c165a

Yes it's offseason Hobson, which means it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, that being said it makes for promising reading. Geno never really had a full offseason last year to squat and strengthen following his injury. He has that now. If he truly is back to his ProBowl self (or better) we won't have any D-line issues. He makes the job of Dunlap, Johnson etc so much easier when he is creating internal pressure and getting doubled.

I just want the pre-season to come already!

Reply/Quote
Yeah, I'll withhold judgement until the pads go on and the games start.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 05:55 AM)magikod Wrote: I'm hoping!

Same here, if he is back to his old, dominating self, the D-line will be terrific again!
Reply/Quote
A little side bar but i was face to face with Geno yesterday.. At the Whole Foods in Norwood he was coming out of the bathroom as I was headed that way.. Dude is mammoth.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 05:50 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah, I'll withhold judgement until the pads go on and the games start.

Every one looks good in shorts, but yeshe was driving people back by the end of the year and his leg strength was suspect.
Reply/Quote
Yes, I will take this report with a grain of salt, but it's awesome to hear.
We missed Geno of old so much last year.
Geno=swagger

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 10:36 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: A little side bar but i was face to face with Geno yesterday.. At the Whole Foods in Norwood he was coming out of the bathroom as I was headed that way.. Dude is mammoth.

Did you talk to him at all?  Big Grin
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Geno back to full strength changes everything on our D !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 09:10 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Geno back to full strength changes everything on our D !

Yes it does!  With his pressure up the middle, Dunlap and Johnson might be able to lift us up from the bottom of the barrel in sacks.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 07:49 AM)magikod Wrote: Did you talk to him at all?  Big Grin

Nope just a nod and a "Mr. Atkins" he nodded back and was on his way..
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 05:29 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Geno-looking-like-Geno/01d7e0e1-118c-4771-89df-551c637c165a

Yes it's offseason Hobson, which means it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, that being said it makes for promising reading. Geno never really had a full offseason last year to squat and strengthen following his injury. He has that now. If he truly is back to his ProBowl self (or better) we won't have any D-line issues. He makes the job of Dunlap, Johnson etc so much easier when he is creating internal pressure and getting doubled.

I just want the pre-season to come already!

Yeah, hard to know for sure especially with a Hobspin fluff piece but it was hard for me
not to get a little excited reading that. If Geno is back to his old self our Defense should
be right back in the top 5 if not the best with a rotation at DE and our Secondary.

With MJ and Sims back and Clarke also looking real good it is hard not to get excited. :blush:
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 12:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, hard to know for sure especially with a Hobspin fluff piece but it was hard for me
not to get a little excited reading that. If Geno is back to his old self our Defense should
be right back in the top 5 if not the best with a rotation at DE and our Secondary.

With MJ and Sims back and Clarke also looking real good it is hard not to get excited. :blush:

Hobson wasn't the only one writing about it, and journalists were quoting the coaching staff - who were pretty much mute about the D-line in general and Geno in particular last year.

We'll see how they do with pads on against other teams, but I'm cautiously optimistic that the D will be much improved.  And if Burfict returns to form at any point during the season we should be much improved.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 02:53 PM)3wt Wrote: Hobson wasn't the only one writing about it, and journalists were quoting the coaching staff - who were pretty much mute about the D-line in general and Geno in particular last year.

We'll see how they do with pads on against other teams, but I'm cautiously optimistic that the D will be much improved.  And if Burfict returns to form at any point during the season we should be much improved.

Yeah brother, i am getting a bit more optimistic even if the players are still only in shorts.
Reply/Quote
If this pans out to be true, and the sites I've seen make it sound like it is, then I'm chalking up our defense as elite right now.

Plus, if we were to cut Peko and start Sims on running downs and Hardison on passing downs, how do you even think about stopping that? You have to AT LEAST double Geno, plus Hardison shooting the A gap and getting the quarterback to have happy feet, but where can he go with MJ, Dunlap, Clarke, etc., coming off the edges? And that's assuming that the double team on Geno even slows him down!!

I LOVE THIS TEAM AND THE SEASON CAN'T GET HERE SOON ENOUGH!!
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 04:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If this pans out to be true, and the sites I've seen make it sound like it is, then I'm chalking up our defense as elite right now.

Plus, if we were to cut Peko and start Sims on running downs and Hardison on passing downs, how do you even think about stopping that?  You have to AT LEAST double Geno, plus Hardison shooting the A gap and getting the quarterback to have happy feet, but where can he go with MJ, Dunlap, Clarke, etc., coming off the edges?  And that's assuming that the double team on Geno even slows him down!!

I LOVE THIS TEAM AND THE SEASON CAN'T GET HERE SOON ENOUGH!!

If the defense if back to being able to carry the team and the offense is better and doesn't really need carrying, we could be pretty damn good.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 02:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah brother, i am getting a bit more optimistic even if the players are still only in shorts.

TBH, there's no reason not to be optimistic about the regular season. Whether rookie or vets, injured or healthy, statistically good or not so good, fast start or slow start, this team has proven they can get through the regular season and be in the playoffs. 

The pessimism comes after the regular season is over because the opposite has been true. No matter the situation, they've failed in the playoffs. 

That's not to throw water on anyone's optimism. Just saying there's no reason not to look forward to enjoying a good regular season.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 05:50 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah, I'll withhold judgement until the pads go on and the games start.

Exactly. The list of offseason all-pros could reach to the moon and back a few hundred times.
Reply/Quote
Both are big ifs, but if Geno & if Burfict come back playing as strong as they once did, then our "D" will be hard to handle.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 10:36 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: A little side bar but i was face to face with Geno yesterday.. At the Whole Foods in Norwood he was coming out of the bathroom as I was headed that way.. Dude is mammoth.

Good thing you didn't try to block him, lol!
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote